ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Not Sure
Too Good At 2D Games
Too Good At 2D Games
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Dec 31 2008 09:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Damn... I think I've actually played that game. Unlike those other board games on there.

My Youtube Channel | 2012 NES Challenge standings
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 03:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

You sound a bit frustrated in that opening paragraph, Syd. I think you're being too hard on yourself I understand your aversion to doing things that have been done before (It's a big problem for me in my own creative efforts), but don't be so against using suggestions (so long as they're actual good ones, not lame shit like "Review Action 52!" or stuff like that), and don't be afraid to take something that has been done before and put your own personal spin on it. I'll use the Bucky O'Hare article as an example: The game gets reviewed all the time. Hell, I even did a review of it myself way back when. But Val's piece was still interesting because he did it in his own way.

Also...just do your thing, man, and don't worry about how people react to it. It's not like you have advertisers to worry about, or people paying you to crank out article after article. Do what you want, when you want, and if we don't like it, we can go to hell.

Oh yeah...nice article.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 04:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Something about the like "But if all four of you want to hide the tarantula in the piano, you can." made me laugh.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 07:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

I still have this game in my board game collection, as well as the breifly mentioned Battle Masters. Both games were awesome when I was a kid, and Home Alone was a nice break in between epic Heroquest and Battle Masters sessions.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 09:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I loved Hero Quest. I used to play with the pieces by myself when I was bored.

Battle Masters was fantastic, except that you really needed a basement table where you could keep the game set up, because taking everything apart and putting it back in the box wasn't fun, nor was putting it all back together. Plus a lot of those guys were highly breakable and didn't seem designed for constant dis/reassembly.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I loved Hero Quest. I used to play with the pieces by myself when I was bored.

Battle Masters was fantastic, except that you really needed a basement table where you could keep the game set up, because taking everything apart and putting it back in the box wasn't fun, nor was putting it all back together. Plus a lot of those guys were highly breakable and didn't seem designed for constant dis/reassembly.

Yea, you're absolutely right about that. We had ours permanently set up in my parent's formal living room which must have looked awesome to guests.

DId you ever try to paint your HeroQuest and Battle Masters figures? I did when I was a kid, and man, it was a disaster.
JRA
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 01:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This game reminds me of "13 Dead End Drive." A game that I didn't really play with others but set up the traps just to spring them. Sad Twas a lot of fun though.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Something about the like "But if all four of you want to hide the tarantula in the piano, you can." made me laugh.

Seconded.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 08:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LOL when you were talking about becoming a plagurist, i was thinking of the irate gamer and low and behold, he is mentioned in the next sentence. Awesome Article, so far this is the only website i have seen that reviews obscure boardgames.

ImageImageImage

Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: Jan 02 2009 12:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Good article. I have the Home Alone 2: Lost in New York game and I dont really remember much about it other than you travel around in a circle, it had the characters on cards and little yellow chips. And it was made by THQ.

WCW Nitro is my favorite wrasslin' game. I'm not a wrasslin' guy, so dont mock my choice, I just remember that game being the most fun when I did occassionally watch it.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 02 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WCW Nitro had a great roster. I always thought it was awesome you could play as Mean Gene. The one thing that always pissed me off though was that they put the Disciple in the game, but not Warrior.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jan 03 2009 02:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have this game in my closet. I haven't played it since I was maybe 9; my dad would always get angry because it would take either one of us around 20 minutes to catch a Kevin.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 03 2009 07:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

We used to have that same problem. Then one day I realized that if I was in the lead, I could actively move my Kevin toward a crook and allow him to be caught. Then everyone started copying me.
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Jan 03 2009 01:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
We used to have that same problem. Then one day I realized that if I was in the lead, I could actively move my Kevin toward a crook and allow him to be caught. Then everyone started copying me.

That seems like cheating though. I'm surprised that the game does not penalize a player for having their Kevin caught.

ImageImageImage

drewbocop
PostPosted: Jan 03 2009 01:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

That seems like cheating though. I'm surprised that the game does not penalize a player for having their Kevin caught.

Laughing

Rycona wrote:
Now that rainbows are confiscate of the Gay Empire Or Whatever©, they're suspect to foul play. People follow it expecting a pot of gold and a leprechaun, but all they find is a mannequin with a melted ass and a bloody rubber inside... and a leprechaun.

SevereFlame
Title: Superpowered President
PostPosted: Jan 04 2009 09:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

drewbocop wrote:
ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Laughing

Bad choice of words there..
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jan 06 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd,

Your opening paragraph has 586 words over 25 sentences.

I'm not knocking the content, just the presentation. Please, don't be afraid of line breaks.

The Importance of Paragraph Breaks

Other than that, the article was decent. I appreciate the ending notes about THQ.

Reply to topic

Jump to: