SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Netrunner

Reply to topic
Aqua Hedgehog
PostPosted: Dec 22 2008 09:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Netrunner is one of the most unique CCG's out there. It didn't give an advntage to players who could buy over 9000 booster packs in a day, because the game was played on 2 sides - the Runner and the Corporation. The real reason this game doesn't have the advantage factor of budget is because of the 2 sides players take, so the player could have really powerful Runner cards and have terrible Corporation cards or the reverse, so the real goal in deckbuilding is being familiar with both sides and making the best choices.
Netrunner has been discontinued by WotC for other projects, but the legacy still lives on in fansites such as Runner's Net. I would highly reccommend looking into this game if you're a fan of CCG's or strategy gaming.
IceWarm
PostPosted: Dec 23 2008 01:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

I never played this CCG but I remember seeing ads for it all the time in CCG magazines. The Decipher Star Wars CCG was like this in that there were two sides to play as, Rebel VS Imperial so you had to use strategy on both sides and those strategies were tailored for each side. Rebel forces usually had better pilot characters and did stuff in a more strategic way. Imperial was a lot of brute force tactics. You could do well with either side if you used strategy accordingly.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: