SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Chicago Baseball

Reply to topic
Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 05 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the Sox are still alive and the Cubs are gone. As a Sox fan, I must say I'm pretty happy. Since we already won back on '05, I just want to see them participate in the playoffs and be competitive. Mission Accomplished.

As for the Cubs, them being eliminated couldn't make me happier. To understand my hatred for them, you have to understand how it is for a Sox fan in this city. The media gives them all the attention & love, even when they are playing poorly and when we are doing well. The fans themselves are incredibly annoying. They only go to the game to socialize and drink, not to actually watch the ballgame. Then there are those among us on the south side who betray us & root for the Cubs in a vain attempt to emulate the rich people on the north side. On top of all that, the entire city was acting as if they were assured of a World Series victory this year. You can never just assume you're going to win. Look at the Patriots last year.

I think they will never win a World Series until they bulldoze Wrigley. The curse is tied to that stadium. Wink

That field sucks anyway to me. The brick and the ivy are incredibly ugly, there's columns everywhere, blocking your view of the game, and it loses out on valuable corporate dollars by not having modern skyboxes.

Good luck to the Red Sox this year, as I write this, you guys are in extra innings trying for the sweep to get to the ALCS.
Burt Reynolds
Title: Bentley Bear
PostPosted: Oct 06 2008 04:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am very pleased the Cubs lost also. Mainly because I'm a Dodgers fan, and they were our biggest threat. I don't think the Dodgers will sweep Philly, like they did the Cubs, but they are definitely beatable. As for the Sox, well I was really for them in 03 because of the supposed curse, and my hatred for the Yanks. I do like Francona, but they've been great for the past few years, I want to see Tampa Bay do it this year. Either way, as long as the Dodgers are in it, I don't care who we face in the AL, as long as it's not the Angels. They have had our number for the past several years.

Dances with Wolves 2 is gonna ROCK!

mtgrnwdstar
Title: The guy from Chicago
PostPosted: Oct 06 2008 02:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Well, the Sox are still alive and the Cubs are gone. As a Sox fan, I must say I'm pretty happy. Since we already won back on '05, I just want to see them participate in the playoffs and be competitive. Mission Accomplished.

As for the Cubs, them being eliminated couldn't make me happier. To understand my hatred for them, you have to understand how it is for a Sox fan in this city. The media gives them all the attention & love, even when they are playing poorly and when we are doing well. The fans themselves are incredibly annoying. They only go to the game to socialize and drink, not to actually watch the ballgame. Then there are those among us on the south side who betray us & root for the Cubs in a vain attempt to emulate the rich people on the north side. On top of all that, the entire city was acting as if they were assured of a World Series victory this year. You can never just assume you're going to win. Look at the Patriots last year.

I think they will never win a World Series until they bulldoze Wrigley. The curse is tied to that stadium. Wink

That field sucks anyway to me. The brick and the ivy are incredibly ugly, there's columns everywhere, blocking your view of the game, and it loses out on valuable corporate dollars by not having modern skyboxes.

Good luck to the Red Sox this year, as I write this, you guys are in extra innings trying for the sweep to get to the ALCS.

You are officially my new best SydLexia.com friend.

I thought I was the only Chicago/White Sox fan here...thanks for making that not so. I commend you.

Although I cannot bring myself to root for the Red Sox.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 06 2008 04:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Love that shot of Alexei in your sig. That was one of the best homers I've ever seen in my whole life. I was glad I was home sick and could watch it live.

Booker's catch is pretty sweet too. Very Happy

mtgrnwdstar wrote:

I was just kissing up to Syd & Spanky Wink

...45 minutes until game time.
mtgrnwdstar
PostPosted: Oct 06 2008 04:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Love that shot of Alexei in your sig. That was one of the best homers I've ever seen in my whole life. I was glad I was home sick and could watch it live.

Booker's catch is pretty sweet too. Very Happy

mtgrnwdstar wrote:

I was just kissing up to Syd & Spanky Wink

...45 minutes until game time.

I think the only time I ever cheered louder for a home run was Scott Podsednik's 2005 World Series Game 2 walk-off. I think Danks, Floyd, Buehrle, Alexei and TCQ will be leading this team for years...how about Danks, man? The guy has absolute balls of steel. He's only 23, and he's already come up big twice in elimination games.

I think if we win this game, we win the series, Tropicana Field or not.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 06 2008 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I so don't care. All I know about the Sox is that they're the bad guys in 90s baseball children movies and I all I know about the Cubs is that Tony Almeida has an indestructible coffee cup of theirs.

Did the cubs lose? I totally didn't notice.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 07 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, thanks for the enjoyable season White Sox. Although I wish they could have stretched out the series to five games.

I'll be looking forward to next year.

Tebor wrote:
Did the cubs lose? I totally didn't notice.

Man, I can't look at a paper or watch tv without hearing about the Cubs in this city, so I don't know how that's even possible for you. Then again, I'm a sports fan, so I naturally gravitate towards the sports section and ESPN and Comcast Sports Net.
mtgrnwdstar
PostPosted: Oct 09 2008 03:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
I so don't care. All I know about the Sox is that they're the bad guys in 90s baseball children movies.

The only movie I remember the White Sox being the bad guys in was Major League II. Despite that alienating feature, I still thought it was a hilarious movie.

Yep, thanks for the good season, White Sox. If we can get a couple of guys with good OBPs and decent speed, I think we go far next year.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 19 2008 08:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Reply to topic

Jump to: