SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Chevy Chase as Mel Gibson on Law and Order?

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Nov 04 2006 03:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2006/11/the_tease_chevy.html
I did not see this episode, but after reading the above article, I'm interested.

Chevy Chase in a serious role? Making anti-Semitic remarks? I need to watch this episode.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 04 2006 07:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

I missed it... I kinda wanted to watch it, and it didn't conflict with Battlestar, but I opted to do site stuff instead.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Nov 05 2006 05:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finally saw it. I was surprised that Chase's lines pretty much matched what Gibson was reported to say, right down to "sugar tits".

It was a fairly amusing episode. The first two acts are great and Chevy Chase was actually very good, except for the scenes where's drunk (that's good ole over acting Chase). I certainly hope this helps his career a bit.

However, I'm not sure I liked the actual plot of the episode which involved Chase's son murdering a Jewish actress. First, the issue of Chase's alcohol abuse is pretty much dropped, his character becomes a notrious anti-Semite, and I didn't buy the whole ending.

SPOILERS
As much as the episode wanted us to hate Chase's character, I did not believe that a jury could actually sentence him to jail despite having almost nothing to do with the actual murder (outside of trying to cover it up). There was a pretty good story thread going about Chase and his son, but in the fourth act of the show, it's dropped and Chase just becomes generically evil and uncarring.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: