[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE hires Norman Smiley

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 08 2008 08:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

...as a trainer Sad
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Sep 08 2008 08:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Now everyone will be be doing the Big Wiggle... or whatever he called it.

Wait, as a TRAINER? *rofl* That doesn't even need a punchline.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

uncle joe
PostPosted: Sep 09 2008 02:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Why a punchline? Finlay is a BAAD motherfucker, and he trains the Divas. Stevie Richards trains Shane McMahon whenever he wants to wrestle, and Stevie is a very capable motherfucker, too.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Sep 09 2008 06:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I know, we all with we were Finlay and spent that much time holding Trish.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Mitch
PostPosted: Sep 09 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi wrote:
Yeah, I know, we all with we were Finlay and spent that much time holding Trish.

I had to read that 5 times before I realized that was a typo and you were trying to make some sense.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 09 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

My point is that I want Norman Smiley on-camera. He is a huge draw in the indies and he always got a big pop from the crowds in WCW and TNA.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Sep 09 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

He also almost beat Luger for the heavyweight title, if I recall correctly, but instead of pinning Luger when he had the chance, he instead went for the big wiggle. Huge pop, big disappointment.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Sep 09 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Will he train then in wrestling or the use of various sports equipment. I too, like Norman Smiley, but wish we would get to see him on camera, being his great, goofy, yet spectactular self.

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Sep 11 2008 04:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I actually got to meet him. It was after a WCW PPV in KC (the one with the three-tier cage from Ready to Rumble, where David Arquette turned on DDP and joined the New Blood).

I got a hot tip that the wrestlers all stay at the Marriott by the KCI airport. We were all hanging out right outside the lobby. There is a bunch of people out there (wrestlers included). We were talking to David Arquette. I was watching Norman Smiley. He was talking to some drunk bitch. They were both drinking bottled beer. She was carrying on about whatever. He wasn't even listening to her. He was just pretending. I think he may have just wanted some ass and not cared what she had to say.

Anyways, they finished their beers, and he puts his beer bottle down on the ground...right next to the trash can. I wanted to say something to him just to be a smart ass, but didn't. The trash was right there. Why couldn't he just throw the shit away? Anyhow, he disappeared back into the lobby bar with the woman (we couldn't get into the bar because we didn't have rooms).

uncle joe
PostPosted: Sep 11 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. That was Interesting. To say the least. Thanks for sharing. That story with us man. I love hearing stories. About guys meeting wrestlers. Awesome.

scamrock
PostPosted: Sep 11 2008 03:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've got about a handful of good stuff from the same night. That night, Kanyon was thrown from the top of (I believe) the first tier of the cage through the walkway. All of the internet sites were reporting he was injured. But he was at the hotel, walking around, signing autographs, hanging out with fans just like there was nothing wrong with him.

Apparantly there was a deal in the lobby bar (again, I couldn't get it) where some guy sat down and Scott Steiner's table and Steiner went haywire cussing this guy, telling him he'd kick his ass and whatnot.

I can't remember everyone I got to meet. The ones I can remember are David Flair and Stacy Keibler. Those two were actually together and after he was done siging autographs, he was getting pissed because he was ready to go and she was still signing for people. I got to meet Norman Smiley, Kanyon, Mike Awesome, Vampiro. I can't really remember who else.

Rick Flair was there. He was a prick. I understand not wanting sign autographs or hanging out with fans who are intruding on your personal time. But he was a big prick about it. I've also been at two other shows where other wrestlers were socializing/signing autographs after a show and he was a prick. When he went passed people started yelling his name and yelling "WHOOOOO". He didn't even wave or anything. Instead he flipped everyone off. I've heard other people say he is a prick too.

We were the first fans at the Hotel. The staff was really nice about letting us loiter in the lobby. At first only David Flair was there, then Stacy. But as the lobby started getting filled with fans and wrestlers, people started trying to go down the halls after guys and trying to get in the bar. So the hotel manager said we had to stay on this huge rug (covered the majority of the lobby). People still wouldn't stay on the rug, so they made everyone leave the building, but allowed us to stay just outside the front doors.

This is when we got to meet David Arquette. He was in the lobby and my buddy pounded on the door. Arquette does the old looking around, then pointing at himself as if he is surprised routine. Then he does a Hulk Hogan pose and comes out and talked to us for a while. My buddy said before he left, he just had one question. I thought for sure the dumbass would ask how Courteney Cox was in the sack. But to my relief, he only asked him what was the best way to call collect. Arquette said if he didn't know by now, he didn't know what to tell him. I'd say he is probably the coolest celeb I've ever met.

Hulk Hogan went through the lobby not long after we had all been evicted. It sucks because he is one of my four heroes. I would have loved to have met him.

We also met the chef from the hotel restaurant. He shot the shit with me and my buddies for nearly an hour. He was telling us all sorts of stories about wrestlers, including one where The Big Show invited a waitress up to his room and pulled out his dick. When she saw how big it was she freaked out and left. Funny shit.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 11 2008 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever happened to David Flair? Ric should have made the WWE sign him.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 11 2008 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Whatever happened to David Flair? Ric should have made the WWE sign him.

(According to WIKI:) In May 2001, the WWF picked up David's WCW contract and sent him to Ohio Valley Wrestling. He stayed there and feuded with Val Venis and had a brief tag team with Mark Jindrak until late 2002, when they dropped his development contract. He did make two appearances on WWE TV as he was beat up by The Undertaker on March 4 and to wrestle the Undertaker on March 14.

After that, he did NWA, TNA, and now does sporatic idependants.

Now, Ric's other son Reid, on the other hand is stated to join WWE deveopmental in January.
scamrock
PostPosted: Sep 12 2008 02:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

David Flair always looked like a little wimp on tv. But standing next to him, I couldn't help but notice how much bigger he was in real life.

His wiki says his billed weight is 177. It also says he is 6-1. One of the guys I was with was about 6/6-1, 185. Flair was bigger than him.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 12 2008 02:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WCW never got a single number right in thier history.

Though, they probably under weighted him to make him more of an underdog.

FUN FACT: WCW used to undercount it's attendances for a reason unknown to everyone on the planet. One time when they were sold out with 17,000 paid, they annouced that night's attendance as 14,000.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 12 2008 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They overbilled Nash's height and Big Show's weight.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Sep 12 2008 07:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Crash Holly was overbilled.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Reply to topic

Jump to: