SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Guns 'N' Roses Possibly Reuniting

Reply to topic
LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.avclub.com/article/its-rumor-time-guns-n-roses-actual-bandmight-be-re-228324

Rumors are flying that Slash and Axl have been talking and made peace, and that there is a world tour being planned. I'd say absolutely no way in hell, but Chinese Democracy came out several years ago, followed shortly by Duke Nukem Forever, so who even knows.

Ross Rifle, where you at, yo?
Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Nov 19 2015 08:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

After Chinese Democracy... yeah, fuck it, I'll listen. Appetite for Destruction II?

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Nov 20 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lesh, I am sitting here in the corner, quietly weighing the pros and cons. I absolutely do not want to see Axl performing live, as he deserves none of my money, but to see Slash, Izzy and Duff play the classics is a dream come true. At the same time, Axl owns all the rights so the other guys will be hired hands, which does not sit right with me.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
JRA
PostPosted: Dec 01 2015 01:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Would you go if it was Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and Fergie?

I would. Megaman

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 02 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm kinda pissed because I saw GnR twice last year and this means now I have to see them again at a likely insane ticket price.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 03 2015 01:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather get the flu than even hear clips of modern GNR playing in the background as I walk through a room.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 31 2015 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Dec 31 2015 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm weirded out by the fact that they only say Axl and Slash. They don't mention anyone else. I'm hesitant on this, but am excited to see what comes of it!

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jan 01 2016 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
I'd rather get the flu than even hear clips of modern GNR playing in the background as I walk through a room.

Same.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 02 2016 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While the instrumentals overall were always great with GNR, I could never stand Axl's nasally, whiny shit voice. He is a complete turd of a person as well, and I could never support such a piece of shit. This is just another shameless cash grab by aging rock stars and it is sad.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Mar 01 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy Stradlin confirmed to be uninvolved with the reunion.

http://www.avclub.com/article/izzy-stradlin-has-nothing-do-guns-n-roses-reunion-233099
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 27 2016 09:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So can anyone chime in on how shitty that has been?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 04 2016 04:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
Izzy Stradlin confirmed to be uninvolved with the reunion.

http://www.avclub.com/article/izzy-stradlin-has-nothing-do-guns-n-roses-reunion-233099

Izzy was mostly likely invited and didn't want to do it. He doesn't like stadium tours, that's why he quit GNR in the 90s. He'll probably do a handful of surprise guest appearances on some Appetite songs, which he did in the past with Axl's version of GN'R.

If Izzy wanted to be in the band, he'd be in the band.

Adler is a different story. Adler will never be allowed back in the band. They'd get Sorum before they got Adler.

I got tickets to see them at Foxborough. Crappy tickets, but tickets nonetheless. I don't really care about the reunion honestly. It could be Axl and the robots from Chuck E. Cheese's, and it'd still be Guns N' Roses to me. But I feel obligated to see GN'R with Slash before it implodes again. I think they can probably tour successfully, but if they go into the studio, tensions will arise again. Axl had tons of near-complete songs, and I seriously doubt Slash will want to be a glorified session player... unless he's made a lot of really bad financial decisions I don't know about. Slash sure has made a whole lot of bad musical decisions though, so I wouldn't be surprised.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Jul 06 2016 07:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I went to the show in KC. It was pretty fucking amazing. I was very skeptical about Axl, but he looked like he was in the best shape since his prime. He sounded great. The whole band sounded great.

My only complaint is that other shows got to hear Patience. But we got Don't Cry instead. I'd like to have got to hear both.

Nothing crazy happened. They came out on time. Axl didn't jump into the crowd or thank the lame ass security. They played the whole gig.

If anyone is wondering if it is worth going, I would say yes.

Alice in Chains opened. They were on point too.

Reply to topic

Jump to: