"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Avengers 2

Reply to topic
Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: May 01 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

I saw this last night and had mixed feelings about it.

First, either the audio was really poorly done or the speakers at the movie theatre weren't working. The bass (especially the ground-shaking bass during fight scenes) was completely non-existent which really took me out of the experience. Also, the background music was barely audible. Can anyone confirm if they had the same experience or if it was just my crappy movie theatre?

Also, the dialogue and camaraderie that I really liked in the first movie just felt forced and unnatural in Avengers 2. The comedic lines tended to be hit or miss.

I liked James Spader as Ultron. Vision was boring. I felt mixed about the amount of comic characters that made an appearance. It was fun to see so many but the result is that it dilutes the screen time that each of them gets so some were barely there at all.

Overall, I give it a 7 and I think the first movie was much better.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 03 2015 03:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i liked it, but i didnt think it was that amazing. it felt as though the purpose of the movie was to setup phase 3 of the MCU. they left too many subplots unresolved imo. i still enjoyed the ride though. i liked the easter eggs they had and i cant wait for the next movie to roll thru.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: May 03 2015 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was way off about who the villain would be were Hawkeye ever to get a solo movie.

Incidentally, anyone read this yet?
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-avengers-are-bad-guys-marvel-movies/
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: May 03 2015 05:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the movie was great. It didn't beat out Winter Soldier or Guardians, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought James Spader was great as Ultron, and I thought Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Vision were perfect. I loved the twist with the Infinity Stone, and how Hawkeye was actual a useful member of the team. It certainly doesn't stand alone as a one-off film though.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 03 2015 11:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with everyone else. It was a great film, but not as good as the first, and it really did feel like a placeholder. Basically, give the Avengers something to do until the big finale with the supercast of all the Marvel movies vs Thanos.

James Spader was fantastic as Ultron. And, I now have a huge crush on Elizabeth Olsen. She was great as Scarlett Witch. And, incredibly hot.
Ross Rifle
PostPosted: May 04 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Growing up, I had a huge crush on the Olsen Twins growing up, but I definitely carry a torch for their sister now.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 10 2015 05:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, this is by far the best movie in the MCU IMO. Super clever and very well done.

Just saw it and want to see it again.
Ross Rifle
PostPosted: May 10 2015 01:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like it more than Winter Soldier or Guardians, but I absolutely loved it.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 10 2015 07:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just feel that the first Avengers was quite boring. Yesterday was my girlfriend's birthday and she basically had to drag me to it. I went in with zero expectations and came out with a "what the fuck that was awesome" look on my face that didn't fall off until I fell asleep.

Yeah, it is not a stand alone movie but it just pushed MCU into now I actually give fuck. Can't wait for CA: Civil War.

Also find it interesting that Joss Whedon got so much shit from feminazis over the Hulk/Black Widow relationship that he closed down his Twitter account...

I mean really? This guy is known for strong female leads.
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: May 20 2015 02:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

No doubt it was a great movie. I agree that Spader was really clever as Ultron. I enjoyed that he took on some of Stark's less desirable traits. And the part when the Hulk jumps on board Ultron's getaway craft and Ultron says, "Oh for gawd's sake"... hilarious.

Cattivo
PostPosted: May 20 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Good movie, if a bit overstuffed. It was hard to see what was happening in the action scenes sometimes, but that's modern film for you. There was some weird, random character stuff that I found odd too, like Hawkeye's family, the Hulk/Widow romance, and Thor's vision quest. Still a fun movie though, and as everyone else mentioned, Spader was awesome as Ultron. It was like he was an evil robot version of his Red character from Blacklist.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Jun 21 2015 08:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

I found Hawkeye particularly annoying. The whole - "hey I am responsible family man" routine was annoying.

Overall I had mixed feelings about it.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 02 2015 02:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I remember wanting to enjoy it much more than I actually did. I'm not sure if my experience from the first one kind of colored my perception of the movie, but either way it did not satisfy as well as I thought it would be. The plot felt pretty convoluted, or just moreso than usual--too many different elements doing their own thing. Instead of being able to enjoy the Hulk/Iron Man fight for what it was I was slightly confused as to how it had started.

Maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. It was okay.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 03 2015 01:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really did dig the whole movie a lot, but I just found the Hulk/Widow scene at Hawkeye's house really awkward. I think the idea could've been cool, but the delivery was just kind of awful (one single shot of Widow the whole time and Johansson just stammering the whole time made it seem really forced).

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Jul 03 2015 05:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If Scarlett Johansson was hitting on me like that, I'd grow a Hulk in my pants.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

username
PostPosted: Jul 08 2015 02:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

i would definitely hulk out and smash that

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Jul 25 2015 08:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

saw AntMan thursday night. i liked it. thumbs up. not one of the best marvel movies, but it was still fun, engaging, entertaining, and sprinkled with marvel easter eggs.

Klimbatize wrote:

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Jul 26 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

And you didn't start a thread for that movie because...?
Reply to topic

Jump to: