SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
NHL - Stanley Cup Finals

Reply to topic
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 25 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, what a dramatic turnaround at the end. Simply stunning & glorious.

While I'm happy for Kane getting the Conn Smythe, I wonder if Crawford deserved it more. And I hope the booing by Boston during the trophy presentations was just for Bettman. I imagine it was.

Amazing that the Hawks could do this with almost no Power Play whatsoever lately.

Can't wait for the parade on Friday, and I hope everyone fully recupes from their injuries in the off season, and that we're able to retain most of the roster, unlike after 2010.

Just wish I wasn't recovering from a cold so that I could celebrate fully like last time. Had to make do with one celebratory beer and then watching local coverage till 11:30 central. Will try to make up for it on Friday!

What an incredible season from start to finish!
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Jun 25 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say it was worse than the leafs loss considering the stakes, and the fact that the leafs still had overtime to win. Similar though, considering it was two goals in the final minutes in both instances.
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Jun 25 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
Not nearly as bad as the way the Leafs choked against the Bruins in the first round.

Leafs was still horrible, but this is almost as devastating. Leafs lose and their out of first round In one minute, Boston went from taking it to Game 7 and having a 50/50 shot at a cup, to losing the cup and being done their season. The loss in terms of numbers was worse for Toronto, but as a fan, I'd have taken the Bruins one much harder just because of their closeness to the cup in game 6 in the finals, versus the Leafs closeness to the cup (being a few rounds, not games, away from it).

Lawyers, Guns and Money

JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: Jun 25 2013 04:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wooo!!! I'm so happy I just blew up my car and killed a few neighbors!

HAWKS!
Reply to topic

Jump to: