SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What games are you currently playing?

Reply to topic
Alowishus
PostPosted: May 25 2012 06:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Simple topic. What are you currently playing?

With my youtube channel stuff i've been playing Diablo a good bit.

I've been playing Diablo III on and off and i'm probably going to get back into FFV tomorrow now that my final semester has finished.

Also played a bit of Dragons Lair and Noby Noby Boy earlier with my sis, was pretty funny.

Thinking of picking up Red Orchestra 2 on steam as it's on sale at the moment and maybe Mario Tennis when it is released - if it isn't already!
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 25 2012 06:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A little SNK Vs Capcom: Chaos for PS2 and Metal Storm for the NES challenge. I'm not playing much recently though...

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: May 25 2012 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Currently playing L.A. Noire. At first I was absolutely horrendous at interrogations, but I'm happy to find myself getting way, way better at them. I can definitely see why they felt the need to use advanced facial technology for the game, as the facial expressions have so many subtle movements that are evident and important for the interrogations.

Alowishus
PostPosted: May 25 2012 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i remember being hopeless at it too. It's a pretty long game and interesting play style.
Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: May 25 2012 07:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Playing Skyrim and Saint Seiya: The Sanctuary Battle (Well, more or less playing it, since it's not MINE, but I'm helping a friend level up and get achievements Smile )
Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: May 25 2012 07:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting back into IL-2: Sturmovik 1946. There were two big content patches since I stopped playing last year. So far I like the updates EXCEPT that they borked the F4U even further.. Sad <sigh> I can't really complain too much, though; it's a PC game that still has support eleven years after it's release. Razz

Also playing Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition since I picked it up super-cheap not long ago.

And I'm determined (so far) to 100% Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin...only because, for the first time in a long time, 100%-ing something seems within my reach. But farming the drops from the Nest of Evil is going to be a pain in the ass. I might settle for 99%. Laughing The last time I 100%-ed a game was Super Mario World.

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

Beach Bum
PostPosted: May 25 2012 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing RAGE off and on but it pissed me off the other day when I fell through the terrain due to some glitch or something and hadn't saved for a couple missions so I haven't bothered playing it since.

Other than that I've been playing random stuff on Kongregate and Dwarf Fortress.

Might try to get some more trophies on the PS3 if I get more bored than I already am.
Alowishus
PostPosted: May 25 2012 07:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm about half way through RAGE. Just stopped playing it. I wanted to get all the achievements - you know for the stupid minigames but they take forever.
Arlock41
Title: Naunie
PostPosted: May 25 2012 09:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue Galaxy and the 1st Rune Factory.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: May 25 2012 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm basically always playing Gears of War 3.

I also recently nabbed the Xbox 360 Minecraft edition. It's been quite fun so far! Fallout New Vegas is also on my next-up list.
Tomdincan
Title: Test Icicle
PostPosted: May 25 2012 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm replaying Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: May 25 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I found a copy of the first Metal Gear Solid just lying around and it occurred to me that it's been in my house for years for some reason and I just never got around to seeing what it was like. Time to fix that.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: May 25 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
I found a copy of the first Metal Gear Solid just lying around and it occurred to me that it's been in my house for years for some reason and I just never got around to seeing what it was like. Time to fix that.

You mean MGS for the NES or for the PSX?

it was the best of times

The Opponent
PostPosted: May 25 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The PS1 Greatest Hits release. I could have played it at any time but this was well before I cared very much about Metal Gear. Last month I played Metal Gear Solid 3 from the HD Collection and I stumbled on the original, having completely forgotten we had it.

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: May 25 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's great. It's probably the best MGS game. The atmosphere just works. There is no fucking around with the characters like Fatman in MGS2 or that stupid bee-controlling guy in MGS3. You just feel fucking lonely stumbeling through shadow moses, wich works fine considering that you are playing a one man sneaking mission. Have fun.

it was the best of times

The Opponent
PostPosted: May 25 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

But I really liked 3, flaws and all. I even played through the MSX Metal Gear 2 twice. I don't even remember the last game I played more than once all the way through that isn't a shmup. I reason that if I can bother to play a game through to the end, it's a good game, even more so if I do it more than once within a short time.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: May 25 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I bought a NES and SNES as graduation gifts, so I've been playing (and beating) Yoshi's Island, Link to the Past, Mario World, Mario's 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Link's Adventure.

I plan on buying several more, like Kirby and Metroid.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: May 26 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am currently playing MOTHER 1 and 2 (That's Earthbound Zero and Earthbound to most people). Once I complete these (I am currently more or less halfway through both games), I will start playing MOTHER 3.

Outside of MOTHER, I also occasionally play Minecraft with friends on a CraftBukkit server I hacked together on my definitely-a-MacBook.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: May 26 2012 02:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
There is no fucking around with the characters like Fatman in MGS2 or that stupid bee-controlling guy in MGS3.

How was that fucking around?

Alowishus
PostPosted: May 26 2012 07:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
There is no fucking around with the characters like Fatman in MGS2 or that stupid bee-controlling guy in MGS3.

How was that fucking around?

I think with Fatman it's the whole: THERE'S BOMBS IN EVERY STRUT and then you run around doing that and then ANOTHER BOMB in strut A and then fucking fight him and MORE BOMBS.

I can't remember bee guy if there was any build up to him but i can sort of recall his fight being annoying? - did you jump in and out of the water and shoot him with the grenade launcher.
i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: May 26 2012 09:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just found these characters ridicolous. Fatman is a fat guy on rollerblades that throws bombs all over the place. What kind of concept for super serious game like MGS is that? It would fit a Kirby game better.

For The Pain in MGS3 i have the same complaint. I just felt silly fighting a guy throwing bees at me. I couldn't help it. I would expect that from a Donkey Kong game or something.

it was the best of times

Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: May 26 2012 09:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've been committed to finishing all my old games that I haven't beat yet. I'm playing Overlord and Luigi's Mansion at the moment but I'm not really enjoying either of them so it's taking me a long time.

If I can finish those games I'll start STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and Gladius.
SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: May 26 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've got Legend of Dragoon in my PS3. Legend of Legaia in my PS2. Xenoblade Chronicles in the Wii. And playing King's Quest III Redux on my PC.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
GPFontaine
PostPosted: May 26 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Portal 2 & Assassin's Creed: Revelations

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: May 26 2012 01:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Minecraft on the 360 is what I have been playing the most lately. Still trying to finish up the DLC for Fallout New Vegas. Not very far in RE5, but picking it up here and there. I also pick up Assassin's Creed 2 now and then but I am not very far in it. Return Fire for 3DO because I am determined to finish every last mission on that game (been playing it for probably 16 years off and on now) and Castlevania SoTN for 360 and PSX, pretty much once a week since the games were released.

Reply to topic

Jump to: