"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Walking Dead comic

Reply to topic
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Paranoia aside, is anyone current current with the comics? I guess maybe we should have a system here as to how far ahead we talk? I know Hawk only gets them monthly, but where's everyone else? I'm a little late on it myself, so I'm only up to issue 93.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

chazzlabs
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've only read up to 90, which is the end of the last trade paperback. None of the comic shops around here has the ones I've yet to read.
Lasher
Title: an horse
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 03:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Current current. I read somewhere they're going to be bi-monthly now too, which sucks! Need to confirm this though.

get your ass to mars

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't read in awhile but I don't mind spoilers up to where SoldierHawk is, especially since the show isn't canon

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

aeonic
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 07:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

From what I understand, it'll never be bi-monthly as long as Kirkman's writing it and Charlie Adlard's doing all the artwork. They've had a couple months over the run where two issues came out, but that was more, "Ooops, we were late for September, here's two in October". Out of most of the 'major' comics players, Image is still the loosest as far as release dates go, so from everything I've seen, it's going to remain between 10-12 issues per year, with a few specials at times.

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You guys need to catch up! I am bursting to talk about the end of issuue #94. Very exciting. They are so badass in the comic.

get your ass to mars

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 09:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Robert Kirkman gives us Michonne's origin story in Playboy.

http://pinterest.com/pin/227220743669689337/

get your ass to mars

aeonic
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did you read the interview where he said Shane was supposed to kill Rick and Carl would see the whole thing go down?

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, but... wow. How different would everything be? I don't think the group would have survived 94 issues without Rick. It would have imploded even if it survived readers leaving the series after that issue.

get your ass to mars

aeonic
PostPosted: Mar 17 2012 01:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's a pretty old interview, but here's the link: http://comics.ign.com/articles/819/819361p4.html Just finished 94 also, and I have to say [SPOILER:1da3350c4d]that's some exciting shit, and Paul is a goddamn badass.[/SPOILER:1da3350c4d]

Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Mar 22 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just got the first book, and I like it. Carl is already a zombie-wasting badass. The art difference between Chapters one and two are weird for me though. I plan on reading all 7 (?) books, but with the show, waiting list at library is a tad long.

Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 08:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

The art by Tony Moore is extremely detailed and oh so badass. The difference is pretty jarring but only at first. Charlie Adlar is THE man IMO. The grungy style of his is just perfect and I like to think of the Moore issues a sweet intro. By about the third book you won't even remember there was a different artist.

I just caught up on al the posts in the TV thread and decided I'm not even going to write in there. It's to do with a certain character that appeared briefly on the show.

[SPOILER:fce43a4b83]
I have to totally agree on the whole 'suspension of disbelief' issue. It feels way to early for michone to appear. The new character should be Tyreese and they should be saving her for later. That's my thoughts anyway. [/SPOILER:fce43a4b83]

get your ass to mars

chazzlabs
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Totally agree that eventually you'll forget all about there being a new artist.

My brother is really into the show, and my girlfriend and I were telling him how awesome the comic is. He was really skeptical, and it took a lot of convincing, but he picked up the compendium earlier this week and can't stop raving about it.

[SPOILER:5ef9ec96da]Yeah, I think I'd be thrown off by Michonne's introduction if I hadn't read the comics, but it's hard to say much in the TV thread because, knowing about her character from the comics, it doesn't seem that ridiculous. I cant' help but feel like they shouldn't have left an entire off-season for people to be angry about there being a "ninja with a katana" all of a sudden.

And I thought I heard that Robert Kirkman confirmed that Tyrese would show up in the show at some point.[/SPOILER:5ef9ec96da]
Lasher
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 07:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

chazzlabs wrote:
Totally agree that eventually you'll forget all about there being a new artist.

My brother is really into the show, and my girlfriend and I were telling him how awesome the comic is. He was really skeptical, and it took a lot of convincing, but he picked up the compendium earlier this week and can't stop raving about it.

This happens to every single person... except my wife. She just can't read comics. It's like she can't stop reading it like a book and she forgets to look at the pictures. I tried her on Y the Last Man too. Womp womp.

[SPOILER:085da96319]Do you guys think Carl killing zombie Shane not live Shane was just due to the story or that they skipped around it so a kid doesn't kill a man on TV. I'm really starting to wonder about how far they'll go. I know that the next seasson is ages away, but I wonder just how far they can take things like Michonne and the Governor. I doubt Rick will lose his hand either. They're also saying they will still be at the prison for season 4. I wonder how much is it due to the story telling or the convenience of budget.
[/SPOILER:085da96319]

Also, Andrew Lincoln brings me out of it too much. Instead of being enthralled in the story like in the comics I always make an over-acting joke when he has a monologue - like angry sherrif in Deadwood.

I'm going to dig out Season one and watch it again and re read the comics over the next few months. It sucks waiting for more Walking Dead!

get your ass to mars

aeonic
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 07:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

[SPOILER:135589a7d1] Personally, I think that Rick will still lose his hand, but they might not just show it outright. Carl killing zombie Shane vs. live Shane, to me, was definitely modified to appease S&P for the network. As for the Michonne/Governor thing, yeah, they'll allude to it at best. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell they'd show her getting raped on national television, or cutting his dick off or any of that stuff.[/SPOILER:135589a7d1]. And that's why I like pie.

Sarge
PostPosted: Mar 26 2012 09:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know I'm way behind, but I just finished #15... Herschel just found the kids in the barber shop. Holy shit. I know I'm gonna have to stop myself from coming here to comment about years old issues.

Sarge
PostPosted: Mar 28 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

So... I feel like the Governor is going to be upset, if he is still alive after Michonne finished with him.

Lasher
PostPosted: Jul 17 2012 07:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

We're at #100. Anyone all caught up?

EXTREME [SPOILER:e6df84972d] OMFG They killed Glen with a fucking barb-wire baseball bat and smashed his fucking head inside out! Fuck![/SPOILER:e6df84972d]

get your ass to mars

chazzlabs
PostPosted: Jul 17 2012 08:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not caught up. I'm going to try to pick up the last few issues today because my girlfriend read a spoiler, which is what I assume you've covered up, and she was terribly upset with herself.
Lasher
PostPosted: Jul 17 2012 09:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

chazzlabs wrote:
I'm not caught up. I'm going to try to pick up the last few issues today because my girlfriend read a spoiler, which is what I assume you've covered up, and she was terribly upset with herself.

Yeah, it's a pretty big thing (That's why I put EXTREME in front too), definitely read up first. The last arc has been quite interesting. Makes me optimistic about the next season of the TV show aswell.

get your ass to mars

DeroMan64
Title: George Lopez's Diary
PostPosted: Nov 04 2012 01:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Reading the last few comics that came out, the new antagonist makes me want to kill a homeless child.
So much rage.
I'm excited for the new episode coming out today.
You know, my family went down to Senoia, Georgia where they were filming the episode that came out last Sunday. It was really cool to see the things on television and know exactly how close we were when they were filming the scenes.
I have pictures, too, if anyone is interested.

"TACO SALAD'S ON THE MENU TONIGHT BOYS"
Photobucket

Reply to topic

Jump to: