[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Things that piss you off, the TV edition

Reply to topic
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Dec 17 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
When my dvr decides to remove all my series recording schedules

Yeah, this is fucking brutal. Mostly because it could be a week or so before you even know it happened.
Tomdincan
Title: Test Icicle
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Huge bump. I guess no one's been pissed at the TV for awhile.

I hate commercials in which a fast food chain takes their newest spicy creation to a fire station. It's just lazy advertising. I've not once bought a spicy menu item because a firefighter can handle the heat.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 08:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hate how forced new sitcoms are, 2 broke girls I'm looking in your direction
Also, even though I enjoy the pictures, all of these accidently leaked cell phone pics conviently coming out around times of release, so sad, hehe

Ky-Guy
Title: Obscure Nintendo Gamer
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 08:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Whether or not it has already been said, the fact that reality shows have either been trying to take over specialty channels (such as Cartoon Network) or already have dominated specialty channels (such as MTV) pisses me off. They, in all honesty, should only belong to the four big channels: CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox.

Syd Lexia wrote:
iPhone games are what you play when you can't get at actual games. You know, like how sometimes alcoholics drink mouthwash.

Lexiabot9000 wrote:
Your love life will be happy and harmonious if you stick to masturbating.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

mcdonalds commercials. all of them

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
mcdonalds commercials. all of them

What's wrong with them Snuggle Wuggles?

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A (propaganda) commercial I saw a while ago about how wonderful digital television signals are. A kind of "Not a damn thing you can do about it, so here's some happy bullshit." One of the points they tried to make was about watching the weather during bad storms.

The first thing to go, during even moderately-sized storms, is the digital TV signal. Mad

Also, every show and commercial spouting "green" crap...ugh..a bunch of bandwagon-hopping assholes trying to grab as much cash as they can out of Al Gore's manufactured crisis. No... just no.

Ky-Guy wrote:
They, in all honesty, should only belong to the four big channels: CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox.

They shouldn't be on TV at all. Smile

Which leads to a final gripe: that competition shows are all "reality'd" up. I don't care about the competitors or their drama-queening. Stop cutting away from the competition; the interesting part, the part I want to watch.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Sep 27 2011 04:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

That Comedy Central (Austria) airs Power Rangers Samurai only on Saturday in the morning. Í'm used to sleep long.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Sep 27 2011 09:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ky-Guy wrote:
Whether or not it has already been said, the fact that reality shows have either been trying to take over specialty channels (such as Cartoon Network) or already have dominated specialty channels (such as MTV) pisses me off. They, in all honesty, should only belong to the four big channels: CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox.

I'd love to see them gone altogether. I was watching football the other day and found out Fox now has another American Idol clone. How many of those damn shows do we need before America realizes none of these people can sing? They wouldn't be on these shows if they had any talent, they could actually send in tapes to labels and get signed if they did.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Sep 28 2011 05:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You mean you JUST heard about the X Factor? The advertising has been so damn over the top for that show that I didn't think anyone in America had yet to hear about it. I was watching either Conan or Jimmy Kimmel and they were showing what the differences were...They drink Pepsi, they have an English Ryan Seacrest, and The Randy Jackson clone is skinnier and refrains from saying the word "Dawg".

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Sep 28 2011 05:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I just heard about it. I watch next to no TV until football season starts up. The only thing I've watched regularly all summer is Warehouse 13 on SyFy and half the time I miss it and have to download the episode or find it hosted to watch. The only time I watch Fox is football other than for House and Fringe during the fall and spring, which both usually get watched streamed or downloaded so no commercials there either. So my only chance to see Fox commercials is during football games, hence why I just heard about it. I wouldn't even have cable/satellite if the school didn't provide it free for me, I can watch about anything on the internet anyway even football games when they decide the Bears are more important than the Bucs.
Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: Oct 07 2011 03:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hate how some channels have the regular stations' volume is turned way down then THEY BLOW THE COMMERCIALS RIGHT THROUGH YOUR EARS! I also hate hearing about rapists/murderers, the shit happens, I don't need to hear about it.

slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Oct 09 2011 02:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not pissed off about TV at all. Because I don't have it.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Oct 15 2011 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not having seen America's Most Wanted for months. For all I know, Yaser Said's finally been caught.
brian
Banned
Title: Shit Disturber
PostPosted: Oct 15 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like TV at all... by which I guess I mean television programming networks/companies

There are now and have been for decades MANY good and great television programs of all genres for all ages to enjoy. But... well I feel about it this way...
Anything on TV can be converted into book-type format so to speak. That is, any information on TV should be available like books in a library, find the information you want or browse if you have no real target in mind then absorb and enjoy.
Thanks to the internet I can do that (almost.. not EVERYthing is available, but i'd say 99% of it is, and good goddamn 98% of that is available free!)
But if reading books meant only having certain books available at certain times of the day for limited time, sometimes too often, sometimes never, very few books per library, too many different libraries to search through, each wanting a paid membership, and within every book every other page is an advertisement usually disguised to look like it is part of something you might be reading, etc...
Advertising, that's the big problem, and not just the 30 second spots, I mean EVEYRTHING is advertising something. Very little is just a creative means of expression anymore unfortunately... and the News should be that. CURRENT events, and 'Serious' news and pop culture news should NOT intermingle.

Heck that's what the internet has become... I rememebr when we used to complain about banners... we really thought THOSE were a nuisance... we had no idea what was to come... IS TO COME... Duhn Duhn Duhn
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 02:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

brian wrote:

But if reading books meant only having certain books available at certain times of the day for limited time, sometimes too often, sometimes never, very few books per library, too many different libraries to search through, each wanting a paid membership, and within every book every other page is an advertisement usually disguised to look like it is part of something you might be reading, etc...

This literally makes no sense.

brian
Banned
Title: Shit Disturber
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 02:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How man it make no sense... tune into the next say Stephen King serial (just cause he has SO many of his books/stories adapted into screenplays) and compare it to reading one of his books, if you say it's the same... than you're opinion means nothing to me.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was simply saying that the way you worded the sentence made no sense. Stephen King books are better than his movies? No fucking shit.

username
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 03:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

what country are you from brian?

Klimbatize wrote:

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Based on this thread: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16419

He's absolutely a spoiled American.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I thought he was Canadian.

username
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 03:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i thought they spoke english in the USA & Canada

Klimbatize wrote:

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 04:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:

Not in the inner city or in certain parts of the south.
username
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beach Bum wrote:
username wrote:

Not in the inner city or in certain parts of the south.

granted, i probably am the last person who should pass judgment on someone who speaks english poorly, but most of his posts are just.... terrible.

& lol at your comment. but, im from the inner city... of tucson, so i guess that doesnt really count.

Klimbatize wrote:

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzy wrote:
I thought he was Canadian.

Canadians are just Americans-lite. Same difference.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Reply to topic

Jump to: