[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Wind-Up Toys

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 13 2006 07:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I used to love wind-up toys. Sadly mine all died long ago and I threw them out. Was anyone else into them at all?

One of my favorites was an orange kangaroo with blue boxing gloves that would do backflips when wound-up. I tried searching for it online, but no luck. Sad
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
jonnymorgue
Title: Nothing Special
PostPosted: Dec 13 2006 07:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have a TMNT Mouser wind-up toy, but one of the legs sucked and it always walked in circles.

Also had/have this weird snap-together toy that was a mechanical scorpion with a pilot. It didn't like to walk on carpet for some reason. I'm sure I still have it somewhere in pieces, I'll try to dig it up for pics over break.
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Dec 14 2006 11:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have some antique metal wind-up toys from my grandparents. I wonder what the hell happened to those.

SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Dec 14 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

The only wind-up toys I ever owned came from Kid's Meals.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 14 2006 07:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had a few wind-up toys, but a couple more "roll-up" toys. Like this Autobot tank that would shoot sparks out the rear, or another transforming robot that would kip-up from alt-mode into a standing robot mode.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

jonnymorgue
Title: Nothing Special
PostPosted: Dec 14 2006 07:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I remember having one or two weird matchbox-type cars. They may be the same car, but I can't remember.

One aspect of it had a side that would look normal when flipped one way, but when something hit it, a spring inside flipped the doors around, and it looks like someone jacked it at an intersection.

The other aspect of it was a small spring-loaded arm on the bottom that would pop when the car hit a wall, and it would flip the car into the air. I'm afraid no amount of digging in my apartment or back home will yield results Sad
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 18 2022 02:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
One of my favorites was an orange kangaroo with blue boxing gloves that would do backflips when wound-up. I tried searching for it online, but no luck. Sad

They were called "Pop Overs" made by Tomy. I actually had one too, but I gave it to my niece many years ago. Here's a listing for one MOC.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-TOMY-Pop-Overs-Wind-Up-Boxing-Kangaroo-Sealed-MOC-Windup-/393684948473?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Tomy also made some great wind ups called the Not So Grand Band, most of which didn't make any sound, but the monkey played the cymbals and the bear and dog also played the drums. The pig, cat and lion just walked though.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 18 2022 02:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well this was one hell of a necro-post. Excellent job, sir!

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: