SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What's your favorite 80's Transformer Action Figure?

Reply to topic
3skulls
Title: Skinned Alive to Death
PostPosted: Jun 08 2010 11:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mine Has to be Jetfire. I absolutely love this design even though it's a Robetech ripoff.

3skulls means you die.

<

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jun 08 2010 02:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This one.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 01:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bar none...the original Megatron. I loved the fact that he turned into a fucking gun.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 02:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Grimlock. He, along with Swoop and Slag were my first Transformers toys.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know its name and can't find a picture.

It transformed into two different types of planes and then also a monkey. It was a Decepticon and was grey, purple and black... possibly with a red tip.

Also, the head popped off and was a mini guy... I think he flied the plane.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
I don't know its name and can't find a picture.

It transformed into two different types of planes and then also a monkey. It was a Decepticon and was grey, purple and black... possibly with a red tip.

Also, the head popped off and was a mini guy... I think he flied the plane.

Was it Apeface?

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had that guy!

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

YES YES YES!!!

That is him!

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 01:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
This one.

Cheating, but he is very, very nice. And amazingly still available at Walmart for thirty bucks...

I have to say Soundwave, I frigging love my reissue version that came with Ravage, Ratbat, Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw. I always loved the fact that he had little guys that could fold up and fit in his chest and for some reason, them being tapes made it so much cooler. But I never actually had him as a kid (I had Blaster, who is decidedly less cool) and the ones I found second hand as a teenage collector were pretty beat up and missing all their accessories.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Blackout
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
Blackout wrote:
This one.

Cheating, but he is very, very nice. And amazingly still available at Walmart for thirty bucks...

I have to say Soundwave, I frigging love my reissue version that came with Ravage, Ratbat, Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw. I always loved the fact that he had little guys that could fold up and fit in his chest and for some reason, them being tapes made it so much cooler. But I never actually had him as a kid (I had Blaster, who is decidedly less cool) and the ones I found second hand as a teenage collector were pretty beat up and missing all their accessories.

Thirty bucks! I bought mine direct from Takara for 100$, but then again it came with the all japanese box and the little dude that sits in the cockpit.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 03:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite as a kid (That I owned) was a tie between Omega Supreme and Astrotrain (? I think that was his name). One was the biggest action figure I owned. The other turned into three things.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
Black Zarak wrote:
Blackout wrote:
This one.

Thirty bucks! I bought mine direct from Takara for 100$, but then again it came with the all japanese box and the little dude that sits in the cockpit.
Yeah, sorry but I think the only difference is packaging; mine came with Dr. Whatever-his-name-is too. Just don't order a Japanese Masterpiece Grimlock, he's coming to TRU soon.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still sad I missed out on the Soundwave reissue. Sad

Favorite Transformer is Devastator.

Is that cheating? Do I care?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

he doesnt have balls

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Blackout
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The only reason Devastator isn't my favorite is that he's not in realistic construction equipment colors, and his scale in relation to the rest of the transformers is all off. Imagine how awesome it would be if each vehicle that composed Devastator was the same size as the other transformers! Cool

Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 10 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Gestaults count as cheating, they certainly were a lot of our favorites. And I mean, I chose Soundwave and his cronies, if it's a set, it can count as one.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 06:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
The only reason Devastator isn't my favorite is that he's not in realistic construction equipment colors, and his scale in relation to the rest of the transformers is all off. Imagine how awesome it would be if each vehicle that composed Devastator was the same size as the other transformers! Cool

The colors are the best part! I agree it would be better if they were scaled differently though. But nothing in the Transformers toyline is to scale. Look at Soundwave! He's bigger than some of the cars!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Blackout
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 09:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Blackout wrote:

The colors are the best part! I agree it would be better if they were scaled differently though. But nothing in the Transformers toyline is to scale. Look at Soundwave! He's bigger than some of the cars!

Yeah, but still a Devastator that was almost two feet high and solid metal would be epic, you could beat rival children with it to settle school yard disputes!

APLETHORAOFPINATAS
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 09:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Man that skywarp makes me wanna run down there and pick one up right now. I would say my favorite all time was either Grimlock or Galvatron. I think Galvatron was always a favorite because it was my first "leader" transformer I had, picked up headmaster optimus a little after, miss those toys.

In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!

Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 02:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Blackout wrote:

That's what happens when you throw a toyline together using primarily molds from two very different previous toylines. That's also why a lot of vehicle alt mode TFs have drivers seats that look like they could actually fit a little guy and why the Insecticons have little compartments that seem to serve no purpose on them.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 04:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the cartoon, but never had any of the toys. What I DID have was a ton of Rock Lords though.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jun 23 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Although I had a number of Transformer action figures, I must admit that I didn't care for them as much as other types of action figures. Maybe because they were pointier, and thus more difficult to hold? Or they just didn't seem to withstand a good bashing as well as others? I'm not really sure why, but I logged a lot more playing time with my TMNT and GI Joe characters.

I think part of it is that I tended to favor "simpler" action figures. While Transformers were awesome, I prefered my figures to have few moving parts. I guess durability and simplicity was more important to me than having them "do stuff."

I also had an action figure from the Rambo cartoon, and it was probably my all-time favorite action figure. He was just some generic street punk guy, but it was large and well-made.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Jun 23 2010 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have Devastator (a version which has the vehicles in regular colors instead of green; don't ask me how my parents got that one...), one of the Headmasters (the green tank one) and also Tracks (yes, the ambiguously gay hybrid...). but, as for favorites that I actually owned, I'd have to say...

Double Agent FTW.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Jun 23 2010 05:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

BEHOLD! THE TIGERZOOOORD!

i loved all of my power ranger toys. Altough Tigerzord was my favorite.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Jun 23 2010 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I cut the shit out of myself on a cheap, metal Transformers knockoff that my parents bought me one year, so I never really cared for any of the toys. The only one I can remember having was the purple and black one with the raisable antennae that were clear yellow plastic, think it had wings too? I know it was a Decepticon.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: