SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Magazine Mashups

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 24 2022 01:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mentioned this in the other thread I created in the Toys section, but I've been clearing out my phone of old pictures I took over the last several years. One of the minor hobbies I got into when I was working long hours at my office was assembling pictures using magazine art. It started out as a project to use *for* the office, but when I was done with that one, I had a a few other ideas, so I did those in my extra time at the office when I was literally waiting to finish system scans or to give final approval on a nightly report the SVs send out every night.

Anyways, here's a few of them. Apologies about the quality, I originally took these to share with a friend, meaning that I didn't worry too much about the light reflection and what not. The mashups themselves have probably been lost to time unless I packed them away. It's been a few years since I last saw them, regardless.

Unfinished "Shrimp on the Barbie" picture

This should be a movie

Flying toothpick

This was probably my favorite, although the paper began to peel almost immediately.

Anyways, those were the best ones, but I did make a few more. Honestly, it was a time waster at work when I had nothing else to do but wait, but I tried to challenge myself to only use the magazines that people donated. I kind of regret not holding onto them, but maybe I still have them somewhere.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jan 26 2022 08:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Raisin Bran Sun made me laugh. I'll never again look at it in the same way!
Reply to topic

Jump to: