"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Fallout 4

Reply to topic
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Dec 22 2015 04:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bought it at launch and played it for a week and now I can't get back into it.

Anyone else play this game. I think its one of the best games of 2015

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 22 2015 05:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've logged about 4 or 5 days of gameplay on it. Currently level 33 and have already gotten Piper, Cogsworth and Preston's affinity perks; I'm working on Strong's but he dislikes a LOT of the things I prefer doing (use power armor, pick locks, and crafting). The Glowing Sea is a pretty interesting place with only about 7 or 8 proper locations within it-there's also some cherry X-01 power armor in a military bunker.

The tweaks to power armor are interesting, especially in regard to swimming. The stuff was just treated like any other suit of armor in 3/NV; in 4, you sink like a rock and really feel like you're in a mobile tank.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Jan 09 2016 02:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently level 45, and haven't even been to Diamond City yet. LOL. I've been taking my sweet old time exploring the entire northern region first. I'm not far from reaching Diamond City now though.

I know this much, The Final Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution is the most hilarious thing I've taken part in in a Fallout game, hands down.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jan 10 2016 05:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

The desire to finish off some of the final trophies in MGS V has kept me from getting back to it but I've done a few things since my last post.

I'm level 39 or so (held off on the perk from 38 so I could advance Gun Nut and Armorer to level 4). Finally got Strong's affinity perk and went back to about four locations to salvage discovery power armor frames and mess with all of the locks and computers I could've picked and hacked. I've been using Curie as a follower but have recently discovered that I won't be able to max out her affinity until I complete a personal quest that only unlocks once I make it further into the main story. I'm considering taking up Macready (Little Lamplight's Mayor from Fallout 3), Cait, or Nick as my next companion but I last saved in front of the toys factory for that one ghoul in the Slog.

The Strong Back perk line is interesting, but the third level perk is a tad irritating; you can move while encumbered but it eats away your AP. Being able to travel when I'm carrying 9x my capacity is a huge boon.

Armaments
One of my go-to weapons has been this Wounding 10mm pistol I got from a Legendary Raider. Every hit applies a stacking -25 hit point effect (I discover that it's doesn't actually bleed foes because the depletion effect even works on robots and turrets). After fully crafting it out for damage, hip-fire accuracy, and rapid fire, it drops foes quickl; I have enough AP to fire off 14 shots with a full bar.

I also seem to have an uncanny luck for acquiring Missile Launchers. I've scored a Lucky one, an Exterminator's one off of a Mirelurk Killclaw, an Assassin's one off of a Raider around Hyde Park, and one or two other ones with special qualities.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Jan 24 2016 01:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

The most effective gun I have found was one that I purchased from a vendor in Bunker Hill, called the Spray & Pray. I hadn't even maxed out (or even selected) the perks that are associated with it (demolition expert and commando) and I was still killing previously difficult baddies with ease. I love that gun.

As of now, I am at level 53. STILL have not entered Diamond City, but the mission there I have already completed because I stumbled upon Valentine in the subway Vault while exploring. Diamond City will be my next stop.

I currently have Preston, MacCready, Cait, Strong, Codsworth, and Dog Meat to choose from as companions so far.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jan 25 2016 09:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a big fan of the Spray & Pray as well, just be careful when firing it off in close quarters; I've had enough exchanges where I accidentally crippled my arms or my legs from firing it at close enemies to be mindful of enemy distance.

I'd recommend taking MacCready as a companion, especially if you've played Fallout 3. His Killshot perk says that it only boosts your chances of hitting a head in VATS by 20%, but I've had several instances where the enemy's head was displaying 95% while every other area was 50% or less. Cait and Strong's Perks suit the berserker archetype (Having both perks means that you'll crit more often and gain more damage/damage resistance when at 25% max hit points or less).

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Jan 26 2016 04:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know what you mean when it comes to close quarter combat and the Spray & Pray. It's also annoying when your companion goes close quarters and you keep hitting him/her/it and busting up their Power Armor.

Am I the only one that doesn't use VATS?

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Jan 26 2016 08:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 05 2018 11:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had far more fun with this game than the latest Zelda, and I'm a huge Nintendo guy. It is what it is.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 13 2018 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

anyone doing the fallout 76 beta? I've heard mixed things from people here at work

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 06 2018 08:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
anyone doing the fallout 76 beta? I've heard mixed things from people here at work
Nope. Fallout 76 proper is an ongoing garbage fire between lackluster content, screwing up offers of a canvas bag for nylon and offering a mere $5 in virtual currency (which buys you almost nothing) and customer service accidentally leaking customer's information.

GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Sep 23 2021 12:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

this has prob been one of my fav games of all time. The mod community has basically fixed the issues with the game at launch.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 23 2023 04:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh hey, this thread is still front page. I've since platinummed every iteration of Fallout 4 (base game and all DLC) and Wizards of the Coast has now revealed four Fallout Commander decks:
Dogmeat (Fallout 3, Naya modifiers)
Caesar (NV, Mardu aggro)
Dr. Madison Li (Fallout 4, Jeskai energy)
The Wise Mothman (76, Sultai radiation [new mechanic])

Crazy_Bastard
Title: CeeBee
PostPosted: Nov 10 2023 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished a heavily modded hardcore run of New Vegas, such a blast! I highly recommend using Wabbajack to make modding easy Very Happy
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Nov 11 2023 01:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Was a huge fan of the Fallout series until this game. It just lacks the magic that drew me into the other games in the series. If I have to mod a game just to enjoy it, it sucks.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 11 2023 07:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I played the full unmodded game and DLC on Survival mode. Ran with a max Luck, minimum Endurance character. These factors...definitely achieved my main goal of keeping combat and exploration tense, which was enjoyable. And, weirdly, it made some frustrating moments memorable. Was absolutely maddened at the time, to be killed 60 minutes from my last save, moving cautiously in unexplored territory, by brushing up against a stationary car and receiving the full wrath of jank Bethesda physics. But hey, I can only chuckle now.

The main plot wasn't very good, but Fallout: New Vegas sustains me.

The Far Harbor DLC's story and general premise were quite nice, and among my recommendations.

Got bored with the settlement elements.

Won't forget my heart rate hitting maximum after a Vertibird crashed on me!

Not my clip, but a classic and worth your 44 seconds. Just brilliant.
Reply to topic

Jump to: