[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I just destroyed the BluRay of Sekiro and broke a Controller

Reply to topic
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Aug 17 2019 04:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Two Words: Guardian Ape.

I finished Dark Souls without using a shield or summoning anybody.
I platinumed Bloodborne.
I am not a faint of heart when it comes to hard games.

Dont get me wrong, the game really feels like playing Dark Souls.
Just no leveling and you keep that tiny broken sword hilt that is the fucking starter weapon. Does that sound like fun to you?
If so, Sekiro is just the game for you!

It's so utterly frustrating because you get better, you master the controls, you stay on top of your game but still the game manages to pull out the rug underneath your feet over and over again.

And the Guardian Ape is Epitome of that cruel principal that is woven into Sekiro.
It consists of 2 phases.
Just 2 phases, i mean, pfff, what could go wrong.
The first teaches you: Dodge the attacks.
Not like usually you need to block and dodge and parry.
No, just dodge. Very fast. Then attack.
Cool.
Actually, not cool because the boss is a giant monkey that screeches a lot, is fast as fuck and is just overall in complete rage-mode, spastic arm flailing included.
Does that sound annoying as hell? No? Well, it is. It certainly is.
But eventually you will succeed. He is not like crazy hard or anything.
But wait.
There is more.

SURPRISE 2ND PHASE!

Wich is the exact opposite in the way you need to approach it.
If you just dodge around, you are dead.
Now it's blocking time!
So everything the game learned you before, just throw it out of the window.
Now you need to block an array of completely bizarre and unpredictable sword swings.
Also an insta-kill was added for additional fun. Yey!

After all this i wouldn't be surprised if the game just deletes your save files when it feels like it!

I am glad i broke the bluray, it will spare me from a lot of frustration that would have come from this game.
The game is just so "super hardcore and only for pros" and was basically made for that one guy on youtube wich did beat Dark Souls 2 on a Guitar Hero Controller.
Give me a break.

Bottom line.
Fuck Sekiro.
DONT BUY IT.
Wait.
Or actually, you should buy it.
That is, if you really are looking forward to get cancer.
Then pls buy.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 17 2019 06:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sekiro is one of those games I finished and liked, but man I forgot I even played it. My biggest beef is that boss battles often require you to use items and techniques that are practically useless against the smaller enemies you face. My biggest obstacle was Madame Butterfly until someone told me "Yeah those shurikens that nobody uses are a big part of beating that fight." The mystery of Soulsborne games is kind of lost there, too. I kind of miss having to piece the story together using what I could scrape from a mixture of context clues and a handful of dialogue.

I'm kind of worried that a yearly release schedule may be hurting From

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Aug 17 2019 06:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yea because you forget games that you don't enjoy.
And Sekiro is not meant to be enjoyed.

I didn't mind fighting Lady Butterfly or even Genichiro and i had minor troubles with them.
You fight them the way the game teaches you to play.
Guardian Ape is just a middle finger into the face of the player by basically saying "forget what we learned you, 1st phase is bloodborne, 2nd phase insta-kills and attacks that have no visibile pattern".
I also just hated the overall mood of this boss fight with this giant monkey aggressivly just coming at you going totally berserk.
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Aug 21 2019 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

LOL! Got pictures of the broken game and controller?

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Aug 21 2019 01:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I adore Bloodborne because it's the high-quality Castlevania game we never got, but I've been extremely cautious about getting into the rest of From Software's game library (or any other games resembling it, like Nioh). As I get older I find myself less and less interested in challenging myself with difficult games because life is challenging enough and I don't want my fantasy land to crank up my real-life anxiety. I have also never been that great at video games, admittedly.

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Aug 22 2019 06:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
LOL! Got pictures of the broken game and controller?

The controller has no visible damage but it just doesn't respond anymore and the game has just a tiny dent at the side (from being thrown against the wall).

Cameron wrote:
I adore Bloodborne because it's the high-quality Castlevania game we never got, but I've been extremely cautious about getting into the rest of From Software's game library (or any other games resembling it, like Nioh). As I get older I find myself less and less interested in challenging myself with difficult games because life is challenging enough and I don't want my fantasy land to crank up my real-life anxiety. I have also never been that great at video games, admittedly.

It's my personal experience but after i platinumed Bloodborne and then played Dark Souls Remastered, i found the game to be a lot easier because i was adjusted to the pace of Bloodborne wich is much faster and "dodge-heavier" than DS.
Also if any FromSoftware game really feels like a 3D Castlevania it's probably Dark Souls 1 and 3.
Bloodborne is more on the abstract Cosmic Horror side wich isn't really a theme in Castlevania games.
I mean, both Bloodborne and DS are somewhat similar to Castlevania but DS even more so, being founded in "Dark Medieval Fantasy" just like Castlevania is.

But yeah, i agree on what you said. I don't like to play games wich rely too much on being difficult and it almost always gets in the way of simply having a good time with the game.
Sekiro is just a spiral of hard-mini bosses and even harder boss fights.
There is no point in the game where you feel like you really have figured it out or got gud or whatever. It just gets harder and harder.

The last weeks also have been very stressful (at work) so it was also bad timing to start and play Sekiro in this time.
BlumKram
PostPosted: Sep 27 2019 05:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

My brother almost broke a screen with a controller while playing Sekiro, just damn...This game doesn't stick in your mind. You perceive it as a challenge, nothing more

Currently playing Resident Evil 2:re on PS4 Your thoughts on the game?

WreathNRGP
Title: Critic of UI's
PostPosted: Nov 19 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like Sekiro is deliberate in its dick smashing difficulty though. If it were a game being sloppy about its puzzles, I could easily write it off, but I understand that Skerio was probably targeted towards some niche group with in the Dark Souls community that views a singular approach as a positive.
i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Nov 20 2019 03:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WreathNRGP wrote:
I feel like Sekiro is deliberate in its dick smashing difficulty though. If it were a game being sloppy about its puzzles, I could easily write it off, but I understand that Skerio was probably targeted towards some niche group with in the Dark Souls community that views a singular approach as a positive.

Pretty much. Wich is a fairly odd concept for a videogame.
Maybe FromSoftware got a bit too confident here.

It surely killed my need for Souls-Like games, since Sekiro i ignore these kind of games.
I heard that from other people too, so i don't think FromSoftWare did themselfs a favor with Sekiro.

Wich is a shame considering the game has a lot great aspects (Graphic, Artstyle etc).
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Nov 20 2019 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You n00blets need to get good. You are a bunch of scrubs.
i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Nov 21 2019 06:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

U wot m8?!

fight m3 in rl

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: