"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Halloween Movie Month, Bitches

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 06 2017 12:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Let's watch Halloween/Horror movies all month! So far I have watched:

Tales of Halloween - Great little anthology film. Lots of different stories that /kinda/ connect to each other but not really. Some of the tales are meh while some had me laughing out loud. It's on Netflix, so give it a whirl especially if you like cheesy horror.

Housebound - One of my favorites. Good haunted house/horror/comedy out of New Zealand. Highly, highly recommended.

Now ya'll do it, all 4 of you that are still here.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 06 2017 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually watched Drag Me to Hell the other day, kind of cheesy but the weird eating disorder subtext/undertones made it memorable.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 13 2017 01:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Check out Cemetery Man. It's an underrated little horror film that looks for the humanity within death.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 30 2017 06:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

So today I watched Fright Night (the OG one) for the first time ever because it was staring at me on Hulu. It's one of those movies that I, of course, knew about but never got around to watching.

Yeah, uh...were we supposed to be rooting for the kid or the vampire? Because I was actively rooting for Prince Humperdinck to end that shit stain the entire time. Kid was a total douchecanoe, and he wasn't even really the hero of the damn movie. It was that Peter Vincent dude who had the character-changing arc that led to him sacking up and taking on the "bad guy".

Meh, I can see why they made a remake a few years back cause it's dated af, though I won't be watching that.

I'm sure some of you guys love that movie cause you saw it when you were kids, but eh.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Nov 03 2017 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Little bit late, but October is probably my favorite month of the year, I always grab bunches of horror schlock and hits I haven't seen. This year, I watched (in no particular order):

What We Do In the Shadows, We Are What We Are, Deathgasm, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Get Out, Colossal, The Girl With All the Gifts, The Void, The Belko Experiment, Life, Phantasm Ravager, Dementia, Re-Animator, Slither, and Pontypool.

And it would seem that I owe you a billion points, Klim, they finally made another Saw movie.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Nov 04 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap, Fernin is alive.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Nov 08 2017 03:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fernin wrote:
And it would seem that I owe you a billion points, Klim, they finally made another Saw movie.

That's actually the first thing I thought of when I saw a trailer for that movie months ago.

It only took like 6 years to happen, but god damn it I knew it was coming.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 13 2017 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Deathgasm was great, Fernin. Good list.

I'm stoked for Creep 2 to drop on Netflix soon, it's already on VOD. The original is fantastic and one of my favorite found footage type movies because it's so odd and the main guy is so charming. Give it a shot sometime.

promas
PostPosted: Feb 26 2018 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

ops
Reply to topic

Jump to: