[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Last Movie You Watched?

Reply to topic
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jun 24 2015 06:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LowEndLem wrote:
I watched Whiplash last night.

Holy fucking hell, if you like jazz, drumming, or completely batshit mentor characters, watch it. Even if you don't. Every actor in it is amazing. And it's got me listening to hella jazz.

Yeah this movie was amazing. Watched it three times now. Never gets old....

Also, American Sniper. I just watched it. Really good movie.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jun 25 2015 01:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A friend dragged me along to see Jurassic World, even though I didn't want to (and after repeatedly telling him that I hated the original movie. His offer to pay for it enticed me, so I begrudgingly watched it with him. When I first saw it I thought it was really entertaining, if a but dumb, but further digestion after watching it has kind of led to me hating it.

The movie is completely braindead, and what is supposed to be the main draw of the movie (the dinosaurs) doesn't even look that great. The CGI is excellent, but the problem is that no one in the movie (save for Chris Pratt) looks like they know how to act in front of a green screen; none of the main characters look or act like they're inhabiting the same space of the dinosaurs, creating this really awkward look where it appears that the dinosaurs are visually right in front of them but physically in another dimension. So basically, the dinosaurs look like ghosts. The fact that the animatronic dinosaurs from the original movie completely averted this problem (obviously) made the new one all the more annoying.

I primarily hated the original movie because of the colossally annoying children, and the new movie did not disappoint in that regard. Thankfully the children have slightly less screentime than in the original, but not by much. I also loathed how mindless the dialogue was in the movie. I know it's just supposed to be "popcorn" entertainment but Jurassic World, like Jurassic Park, has failed to indicate why the series is deserving of the hype it has.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 27 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i havent seen jurassic world, but the preview makes me feel its going to be just like the original movie.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

maverickhuntergirlz492
PostPosted: Aug 10 2015 05:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Minions. It was okay
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Aug 13 2015 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Time of the Apes, the mst3k version

Lawyers, Guns and Money

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Aug 13 2015 09:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ant-Man. I watched a pretty good cam version on the Internet, pretty steady. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but of the Marvel movies, I've only seen the most recent Hulk, Iron Man 1 & 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and that, so I guess there's not much that I can compare it to that's recent? My wife has finally relented to the idea of watching The Avengers, but mostly because she wants to see if they really have camaraderie that seems naturally.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 14 2015 12:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I watched both Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F and Ant-Man last week. After nearly an hour of rewinding video due to issues with no audio, DBZRF finally started up. It was great for what it was and it was really nice to watch ti with a huge crowd of fans. we were comped guest passes for the difficulty, which I put toward Ant-Man.

Ant-Man was great. It annoys me that some people disregard it since Edgar Wright left the project. It hit all the right notes for me, especially the use of The Cure in a sequence with a suitcase.

aeonic, I would strongly recommend catching The Winter Soldier at some point, especially if you're fond of political thrillers/the Bourne films.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Aug 14 2015 07:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would absolutely recommend Winter Soldier too. It might be one of the most thrilling films I've ever seen. It's my second favorite Marvel movie after Guardians.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Aug 14 2015 09:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, watch Winter Soldier. It is very good.

It's by far one of the best MCU movies. I figured it would be boring, bland and annoying. I was wrong...
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Aug 14 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Watched Fantastic Four.

No, not the new one silly. The one from 1994 that was never supposed to see the light of day. Roger Corman is teh bomb.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 18 2015 05:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw The Man From U.C.L.E. in theatres. Very fun. High recommendation.
maverickhuntergirlz492
PostPosted: Aug 22 2015 09:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Transformers 3 I didn't like it. Stopped watching part of the way through.
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Aug 23 2015 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Godzilla versus Megalon. My brother and I have been on a Godzilla kick as of late. It is a good way to finish off the summer before going back to school. I'm particularly fond of when Jet Jaguar approaches Megalon and just decks him with a right haymaker.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Aug 23 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blazing Saddles, definitely one of the funniest movies ever made. There's no way that movie could be made today since the world has gone full sandy vagina.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Aug 24 2015 01:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Superbad. Just one of the most relatable and hilarious movies I've ever seen. My 5th favorite movie ever.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 25 2015 01:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Neutral-Bob wrote:
Godzilla versus Megalon. My brother and I have been on a Godzilla kick as of late. It is a good way to finish off the summer before going back to school. I'm particularly fond of when Jet Jaguar approaches Megalon and just decks him with a right haymaker.

My gosh, I watched that movie probably eight million times when I was in first grade. Of course, I was incapable of finding anything Godzilla related humorous at that age, and interpreted the whole film as super-serious high art.

I miss being seven.
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Aug 30 2015 06:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Some of my fondest memories as a boy involved hanging out with my friend after school when I was seven or so. He had one of those god-awful TV/VCR hybrids that I thought was amazing at the time. We'd burn through his collection of Godzilla movies whenever the damn thing actually worked. Sometimes we'd poke fun at some of the innate silliness present in the series, but by and large we found them to be really cool.

Nowadays a lot of the wonder is gone, however I still enjoy the nostalgia of it and my friend still visits every now and again to watch them when he can find the time. I know how you feel, though.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Sep 07 2015 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Blazing Saddles, definitely one of the funniest movies ever made. There's no way that movie could be made today since the world has gone full sandy vagina.

Good movies in general can't be made anymore. Actual humor might offend somebody.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Sep 23 2015 07:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maximum Overdrive, or proof that cocaine can direct a movie.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Cameron
PostPosted: Sep 26 2015 07:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

eXistenZ, starring Jude Law and Jennifer Jason Leigh, amovie similar to the Matrix with elements of virtual reality that takes the concept in a completely different direction. The first 30 minutes are so are a bit cheesy and overly "90s" (the theme is similar to cyberpunk but with organic aesthetics - so I guess "fleshpunk"), but once the VR element becomes the forefront of the movie it becomes incredibly engaging.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Sep 28 2015 07:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

eXistenZ was a decent movie from what I remember. definitely made you think.

I recently watched Exodus: Gods and Kings. A visually stunning movie, but that's about it.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Sep 28 2015 01:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
I recently watched Exodus: Gods and Kings. A visually stunning movie, but that's about it.

The curse of latter-day Ridley Scott.
Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Sep 28 2015 03:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw The Scorch Trials. I enjoyed it, and was really into the change of pace from the first Maze Runner. My wife hated it though. She told me the plot of the Scorch Trials book afterward, and it was like she was describing a completely different story. Wildly different from the book.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 26 2016 06:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Videodrome. Incredibly intense movie. Replace "television" with "internet" and it remains relevant.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Mar 06 2016 09:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Princess Mononoke. As a lover of Studio Ghibli in general and Miyazaki in particular, I have no idea why it took me so long to see this movie. Suffice it to say, I was blown away.
Reply to topic

Jump to: