[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
CHEESY BLACK METAL VIDEOS

Reply to topic
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 05 2015 05:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Please post them.

Here's All Shall Fall by Immortal. I'm especially entertained by the crab walking skip dancing thing at the beginning, the hilarious hip shaking almost twerking right before the solo, and the confused sad face the bass player has during the interlude, looks like he's trying to remember if he left the oven on.

Don't get me wrong I actually LOVE black metal musically, but the imagery is often downright hilarious.

View on YouTube

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Apr 05 2015 08:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

The way he holds his guitar, with his shoulders all hunched, makes him look like the least scary demon in the world. Like if they were to write a children's story about a sad demon who's cast out by the other demons because he wants to be a dentist or is too sensitive or something, he'd be the star.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Blackout
PostPosted: Apr 07 2015 04:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehehehehe

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 07 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Daily reminder that people actually like this kind of shit.

Oh and also:

Blackout
PostPosted: Apr 08 2015 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I like this kind of shit! Razz

I like fast dissonant angry brooding music. I even enjoy the silly look, because it's pretty campy and hilarious.

I know most purists take it super seriously and would probably get mad that I find enjoyment laughing at how silly I find the image they are cultivating, but I DO like the music so I'm not entirely mocking black metal.

Also a bit more research leads me to believe that Immortal may be kind of the Spinal Tap of Black Metal, and they're not super serious about it like some of the bands that burned down churches in Norway, or got in to weird murder suicide scenarios.

Here have some tree hugging black metal from The Czech Republic.

I keep looking for unintentionally hilarious black metal videos, and finding actual parody bands that are actually trying to be funny.

Immortal may be the tongue in cheek Spinal Tap of black metal and I've seen people argue about if they are serious or not, but as far as I can tell The Black Satans pretty much ARE the Spinal Tap of BM.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 08 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, that Immortal video strikes me as something that's dead serious with no self awareness at all.

I'm no music snob, but it's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Do people actually like hearing nothing but double bass drum and overly mic'd cymbals for 6 minutes straight? It actually made me laugh out loud, not even looking at the video I still laughed. Then I glanced back and shit my pants laughing even harder.

Blackout
PostPosted: Apr 08 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. It's fun, especially live.

It's not by any means what I listen to all the time, small doses.

I always enjoy explaining it to people who've never been exposed to it. The quickest way I've come up with so far is Nords with a propensity for metal went goth and never looked back.

JRA
PostPosted: Apr 11 2015 05:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

All Shall Fall is probably the least silly Immortal video. At least that one has a drummer in it, unlike Blashrykh (Mighty Ravendark)

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

thenose_knows
PostPosted: Apr 12 2015 04:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
Immortal may be the tongue in cheek Spinal Tap of black metal and I've seen people argue about if they are serious or not, but as far as I can tell The Black Satans pretty much ARE the Spinal Tap of BM.

"It's like... you have to ask yourself, how much more black can these Satans be. And the answer is, well... NONE, really. None... more black."
Blackout
PostPosted: Apr 17 2015 08:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LOL how could I forget early Immortal.

There's not much more metal than shredding on top of a mountain with an invisible drummer.

They have another old one where the drummer is dressed like jesus and they are jamming in some kind of ice cave (Frostbitten Kingdoms?)

Count_Akula
Title: Sir Galahad
PostPosted: Apr 30 2015 04:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I could never understand black metal, or BM as they call it nowadays. I think it's all about ice, evil, makeup, crying and being bummed out to the max. Chyeah! (in Wayne Campbell voice)
Reply to topic

Jump to: