"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Legend of Korra

Reply to topic
Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jun 28 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's weird; I liked the ending, but still felt sort of let down at the same time.

[SPOILER:d135cd0464]The previous episodes when Korra learns that Tarrlok is a blood bender and gets kidnapped was really awesome with the story and the fight coreography/animation. I had a big, dumb grin on my face the whole time. Then Amon shows up and totally resists the blood bending WHAT!? Mr. Green . Seems kind of like a cop-out to make him Tarrlok's brother who is also a blood bender, but better-er. I was hoping for something more inscrutable.

And it really sucks that they only get two half-seasons (what, are we British now?). I really think if they had at least four or five more episodes to work with it would have been much better for it.[/SPOILER:d135cd0464]
Even with that it was still the best show this year. Season two can't start fast enough.

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

Greg the White
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard a lot of good things about the show, but hadn't decided to watch it until I visited my cousins. Their three kids were playing and were arguing over who got to be Korra. Two of those kids were boys.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 01:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
I've heard a lot of good things about the show, but hadn't decided to watch it until I visited my cousins. Their three kids were playing and were arguing over who got to be Korra. Two of those kids were boys.

Oh my god, my sides...

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 11 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

From entertainmentweekly:

Nickelodeon has picked up a second season of the animated adventure series The Legend of Korra, EW has learned. After averaging 3.8 million viewers for Season 1, Book 1, which concluded June 23, the Avatar: The Last Airbender sequel received an order for 26 more episodes (which presumably will be divided into two parts called Books 3 and 4.)

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 30 2012 07:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, before I watched Korra, I worked up the guts to watch Avatar: TLAB on Netflix. While this show was slow starting, it picked up like hell in season 3. It felt like they had to make it as friendly as they could in the first 1.5 seasons, and were given more reign later on. Season 3 was wonderfully written, with well-realized characters and genuinely funny and heartfelt moments. I'm amazed to see a kids' show touch on things like death and anger in such a mature and developmental way.

I'm now a few episodes into Korra. It's definitely taking a lot of chances for Nickelodeon, but it's in capable hands. I can tell it well pick up, as it's mostly character development, but it's set the mood really well considering I'm only 3 episodes in. It's just nice to see shows for the 10+ crowd that isn't either insultingly toned-down nor shallowly melodramatic. It sounds like I'm over-analyzing, but both series are very good, and I'm proud to see better animation on than the drivel that preceded stuff like this and Adventure Time.

TL;DR, anything with J.K. Simmons is fucking sweet as hell.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Etch
PostPosted: Aug 29 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

New season of Korra starts Sept. 13th Very Happy

Legend of Korra: Book 2: Spirits

Etch
PostPosted: Sep 21 2013 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

So the first few episodes are passed...and the first two started okay. I got this odd, something-isn't-quite-right feeling at the beginning, but it passed when the show got going. Some great new characters added, like the overzealous millionaire moviemaker and the creepy twins. Very Happy

...and then I watched tonight's episode..... Sadly no the animation quality took a huge nosedive; distractingly so. It was modern-anime-level choppy and bland. After looking online it turns out they switched studios (partly) to Japanese Studio Pierrot, who made Bleach (among others).... <siiiiiiiigggghhh>

Maybe most people won't even notice, but, damn, did it hurt to watch this episode.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 21 2013 05:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the heads up, I was at a card store last night. Am I the only one to think of the twins from Superjail when Desna and Eska speak?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Spanish Meatloaf
Title: Denim Clad Road Warrior
PostPosted: Sep 22 2013 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, the animation on the last episode was really sub par.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Nov 04 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Etch
PostPosted: Jun 28 2014 06:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

New season started on Friday with three episodes. Thank goodness for DVR or I would have missed it completely. And Nickelodeon seems to hate airing reruns of Korra, and when they do its in standard definition Confused

Anyway, the animation looks good and the bad guys look interesting. I especially like the armless water-bender. I don't really care about the 'finding air-benders' plot but everything else was cool.

Let's just hope all the animating was done in Korea and none in Japan.

Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Jun 29 2014 01:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. Must make a mental note to look this new season up on Hulu or Xbox Video.

Etch
PostPosted: Jul 13 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hooray! More of Lin Beifong

And Varrick is back! Laughing

And I like Lin's nephew Huan, the artist. Went to college with a few guys/girls like him. Too bad about the Skrillex hair. Razz

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 13 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I REALLY want to know the story behind Lin's family and who Toph's husbands were. Also, the nephew reminded me of "The Dark One" from Toph's metalbending academy in the comics.

Also: http://www.fybertech.com/4get/view/14051965541967.png

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 25 2014 09:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So yeah, it seems that tonight was the last episode that's going to be aired on television. Starting August 1st, Nick's making all future episodes of Season 3 (the recovery season after the last one) available for viewing only through various streaming sites, including nick.com.

Etch
PostPosted: Jul 29 2014 08:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
So yeah, it seems that tonight was the last episode that's going to be aired on television. Starting August 1st, Nick's making all future episodes of Season 3 (the recovery season after the last one) available for viewing only through various streaming sites, including nick.com.

Etch
PostPosted: Oct 03 2014 05:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

So Book 3 was awesome, and now Nickelodeon is rushing to be done with the series, because Book 4 starts today...

I just hope they get the DVD/BluRays out quickly; I hate watching grainy, compressed internet TV.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 04 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So we've got Earth Kingdom representatives of a Rule 63 Nobunaga and Kuzco, while Korra's taken up pit-fighting. At least Korra can still bend.

Etch
PostPosted: Dec 13 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, this final season has been pretty 'blah'. Which is disappointing after season 3 was so good. Sad

I also wonder if they are farming out their animation again because Korra was going way off-model in the last episode (#11).

Reply to topic

Jump to: