[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
In loving memory of Raymond Scott "Hacker" Bishop

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 09:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We all have different ways of coping. I remember at my grandfather's wake, my uncle and I had a lengthy discussion about Seinfeld.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 09:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
We all have different ways of coping. I remember at my grandfather's wake, my uncle and I had a lengthy discussion about Seinfeld.

When my grandmother died, my cousin and I wound up building MtG decks using cards we'd had since childhood and playing until almost five in the morning. Definitely not what I expected to do.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 10 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will miss Hacker. Admittedly he pissed me off quite a lot, but we also PMed frequently and I had a lot of profound, rewarding conversations with him. He's been through a lot in the past few years, and I know he felt (justifiably) overwhelmed by his life circumstances. I'm sad to see that his sorrow overtook him. Sad I hope he's in a better place now, at least, where he can find the tranquility he didn't find in life.

Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 04:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I... I'm not totally sure what to say. Most of what I can think of has been said multiple times already, but still, he was a great kid, and this is pretty hard for me to take in.

Rest in peace, buddy. Maybe we'll win the next forum battle.

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This seems so unreal. I only started coming by here this year, so I hate that I couldn't have gotten to know Hacker well enough to be a shoulder for him to lean on. This day sucks now.

I really hope it's not true, but if it is... is there some way we can reach out to the family and offer some support, either by donation or some other means?

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 01:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately it is true, Vaporman. I read his death notice in his local paper's website yesterday. Such a tragedy.
TARDISman
Title: Time Traveller
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 03:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I heard from Woodzy a couple days ago and honestly I'm still at a bit of a loss. I mean, I haven't been here for 2 years, argued or yelled at Hack in IRC multiple times, and I just don't know. He was here, now he's gone, and the thing that always comes to mind is him making a custom sig for me a few years ago when I was super depressed. And I just feel like shit not being able to at least have tried to help him in some way. I dunno, I'm just rambling at this point, it's my own dumb way of coping. I'll miss you, bud. Hope you find some peace in whatever's past this life.
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 05:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So Im guessing everyone has ruled out that pet semetary next to Judd Crandall's house?

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 06:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was cute at first, Ermac, now you're just coming across as a 15 year old. Learn when to give it a rest.

GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

fair enough
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 08:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 08:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Goodbye Hack. You may not have realized it, but you touched many lives here and left a lasting impression that gave many here a reason to enjoy this place. The outpouring support from people who either hardly post here or don't post here anymore shows what kind of a person you were. I know we teased you at times about something you posted, but believe me we did it because we liked you, there was never any malice from most people, you were part of our team and we loved having you here. I'm sorry that you found little to live for, but I sincerely hope that you find everlasting happiness in Heaven. Godspeed, my friend.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( &#865;� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just my speculation but I wonder if he was drunk at the time. Just can't wrap my head around him doing it if he was thinking clearly.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

This and my seasonal affective disorder is really doing my head in. I worked for a suicide helpline for two years in my late teens as a public service project for my high school. I should've been able to pick up on some of the signs, or at least checked the forums more often. As for alcohol, I can't speculate, but depressants can definitely hurt an already bad situation. No matter what, it's a shame, and wherever you are, Hacker, I hope it's better than where you were.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 01:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gosh, looking at the picture is like a punch in the gut. So young!

It's so tough not to keep thinking about what might have happened if we'd seen his post sooner, or called at just the right time. If I had known he was in such a bad spot, I'd have paid that kid's fucking rent for him. What a stupid tragedy. So avoidable.
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 01:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing that reminds me of when he mentioned his guns that he might pawn. Wondering what happened with those guns is getting to me.

And he definitely looks like a kid. Which is makes it worse. Like never gave himself a chance.
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 01:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

I still look like a kid and I'm pushing 30.

On topic, does anyone know what method he used?
slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 02:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, truly sad. He was a kid. I'm old enough to be his father. I mean sort of. I got my driver's license the year he was born.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 03:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

So I decided to take another occasional look at this site and this happens. Oh dear.

I was not expecting this at all. When I first started reading this thread I thought "please let this be a tasteless joke or at least a cry for help".

Rest in peace, Hacker.

sidewaydriver wrote:
Just my speculation but I wonder if he was drunk at the time. Just can't wrap my head around him doing it if he was thinking clearly.

I feel the same way, though I can't really be sure since I haven't really been in regular contact with this community for quite some time.
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for posting that Usa. And BDB, I thought the same thing. The most heart-wrenching for me is that when I was 19-20, I was in a very similar place. Then I met my now-wife. Life could not be better and it just breaks me to think of how much my life completely changed for the better in a few short years, and how that have happened for Scotty. Ugh.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Bob Dylan`s Blues
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand why older people feel like they have no choice. They think about how they have already lost so much time and given their all. Life almost certainly will get better anyway. But I understand it.

But, damn. This young! You haven't even started! I'm sorry if this comes off like I'm judging him. It just kills me.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Life can be especially frustrating when you're young. Especially when you're in the 21-25 range. People you know are graduating college, and if you didn't go, or took longer than average to graduate, you can feel pressured. You start to question every choice they're ever made and fall part. Some people double down on their choices. Some people change course midstream and work twice as hard to catch up. But we're all wired differently. What some people see as a challenge, other see as a hopeless void.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 02:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, life after high school until 25 can be a shitty time for many young people. If I was not overseas in the military I might not be here today. I was lucky to meet some great people who have been there for me in those dark times and the ones that followed. Even at 30 years old I still have a friend who seems to be on the brink. When you look back from 30 and don't see many accomplishments you can feel really shitty about where your life is heading. I spent a lot of my summer supporting that friend and I am continuing to do so.

Bob Dylan`s Blues
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 04:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can definitely understand that stuff. I guess it just makes me sick to think about it. It's a terrible shame that someone should feel so lost.
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't posted here much in recent years, but I saw the news on facebook and wanted to stop by.

I had some back and forth with Hacker in various threads here over the years, and he always struck me as a rather upbeat kid. He always seemed eager to answer questions about things he knew about, or just to offer opinions or advice about anything else that was under discussion. He seemed like a bright kid.

I had a son of my own this past year, and the thought of him ever being so unhappy that he felt the need to end his life is just too horrific to even ponder. I can't imagine the pain his family must be going through now. I wish them the best as they suffer through this horrible time.

Reading through this thread, I find it heartening that so many of the old members have turned out to pay their respects, or at least chime in in their own way. I've been a member here since 2005 (previously under a different name), and it brings back memories of all the cool people I used to talk with here. In the face of this tragedy, it's good to see that most everyone else is still around, safe and hopefully happy.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Reply to topic

Jump to: