"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
In loving memory of Raymond Scott "Hacker" Bishop

Reply to topic
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 08 2014 08:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Life is awesome. I just saw the "I'm killing myself" thread, but can't read anything in it. Please contact your local suicide support. Google is good about this. Please, I don't want you to die.
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm terribly confused by this topic. I can only hope that this has something to do with a misunderstanding of some kind.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 07:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Due to the posting of personal information, it was decided the thread should be moved/locked.

But yes, Hacker posted a thread with his real name, birthday, and cellphone info saying that he was going to kill himself.

I really hope that he did not kill himself. He is a bright young man with a lot to live for.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hope that that was just a call for help and that he made a similar call out to family members or close friends who are nearby and able to help more directly. I know from reading some of his posts lately that he was going through some tough times, but suicide is NOT a good option.

As someone who suffers from PTSD I have thought of killing myself in the past and one time I came pretty close, only to realize how insignificant my problems really are when it comes to my life as a whole. There is so much more life to live and there will always be ups and downs, you just gotta keep on moving onward and upward as much as you can, enjoying those good moments as fully as possible when they come by.

DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I also hope Hacker didn't kill himself. I'm also glad @om*d you are still alive. I like seeing you on the forums.

Hacker, if you are reading this, we are here if you need somebody to talk to.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I called his number and left him a pleading message not to go through with it. For the record, I referred to us both by our screen names.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 01:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Suicide is never the answer. The answer is revenge.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Woodzy talked to some people in the know, and apparently it has confirmed that he actually did kill himself.

I am at a loss.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This makes me sad. I wish he decided to stay alive.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Godspeed, Hack. May you find some sort of peace in the next life.
Reinhart_x
Title: Master of nothing
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will miss him. Haven't talked to him in a couple of years but he was a good dude.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What the fuck? This has to be some sort of sick joke, right? Geez, I should have at least texted him when I saw the post yesterday morning. It's not like I was doing much at work...I just thought it couldn't be for real.
Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rest well, Scott.
krislexia
Title: Now with a hint of lime
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sad I hope that Hacker finds the peace he was looking for, although I wish he didn't resort to killing himself. I can't even imagine how much this must be hurting all of you who knew him better than I did.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't even...

Alowishus
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Woodzy told me on Facebook. I really didn't know him that well at all. I do remember him from the IRC and from his posts on the site. Sadly I didn't know anything of his situation but from what I remember about him this really didn't seem like the sort of thing he would do.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
What the fuck? This has to be some sort of sick joke, right? Geez, I should have at least texted him when I saw the post yesterday morning. It's not like I was doing much at work...I just thought it couldn't be for real.

I don't know if it would have done anything at that point. I think by the time he had made his RIP post with his real name, it was too late. I didn't see his posts until hours after the second one.

I feel like shit. Why didn't I check the forums sooner? Why didn't I talk to him more in May when he wanted to help me fix the forums? Why didn't I have better advice for him when he said he was scared he might be homeless?

Why can't I stop starting sentences with "I"? This isn't about me. This about a polite, funny, helpful, intelligent young man who is gone from us too soon. He will be missed.

Hacker, I don't know if they have internet in Heaven, but if they do, please know that you were well-liked and your death has not gone unnoticed. This is a huge loss for all of us. Rest easy, good sir.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Geez man, just geez...Didn't he post that on a Sunday night at 3 a.m.? I know most people still post pretty late in the day here, but doesn't that seem like a time least likely to be noticed? Especially at a half-dead forum like this one? Unfathomable.

I didn't know him that well either. I believe I took a break from the forums a little after he first started posting here. When I returned, I was surprised at how well he had matured into a young adult. Such a shame for it to apparently come to that for him.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 05:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is terrible. I had no idea that he was hurting so much.

Rest in peace, Hacker. I hope you're in a better place now.

This is just crazy, though. I'm not sure what to think. I just came back to this place a couple days ago, and now one of the prominent members of the forum is just gone.

I wish I had come back sooner. I didn't even talk to him much, but it's just bizarre to think he's not here anymore.

I hope the rest of you are okay.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Crazy_Bastard
Title: CeeBee
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 05:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I spent many hours up late on the IRC chatting with hacker these past years. I didn't know him altogether that well, and sometimes he annoyed me. But he was always a really great guy with noble intentions, and he put a helluva lot of heart into this community. I truly regret not reaching out to him a little more.
You won't be forgotten, hack. Rest in peace.
DeroMan64
Title: George Lopez's Diary
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hacker, wherever you are, just know everyone's going to miss you.

You mattered a lot, to a lot of people. I'm sorry you had to go.

Rest easy, man.

"TACO SALAD'S ON THE MENU TONIGHT BOYS"
Photobucket

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Cattivo wrote:

I don't know if it would have done anything at that point. I think by the time he had made his RIP post with his real name, it was too late. I didn't see his posts until hours after the second one.

I feel like shit. Why didn't I check the forums sooner? Why didn't I talk to him more in May when he wanted to help me fix the forums? Why didn't I have better advice for him when he said he was scared he might be homeless?

Why can't I stop starting sentences with "I"? This isn't about me. This about a polite, funny, helpful, intelligent young man who is gone from us too soon. He will be missed.

Hacker, I don't know if they have internet in Heaven, but if they do, please know that you were well-liked and your death has not gone unnoticed. This is a huge loss for all of us. Rest easy, good sir.

I...yeah. Yeah I think you pretty much said it, Syd.

Oh Scotty. We'll miss you. <3

I'm...I'm just gonna leave this here for you. You are not, and were NEVER, alone. Whatever made you make this choice, I hope you know that.

http://www.secrettoeverybody.com/images/takethis.png

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 07:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what to say. Hacker and I didn't communicate much on these forums.

I hope Hack is resting peacefully. I hope he is truly happy where he is. Just know that we all thought well of you, Hack.

I wouldn't be against doing something in memory of Hack. Everyone changing their sigs for awhile?
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 07:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So this was his plan to get the forums active again....

Mr. Spidersquid
Title: title?
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 07:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Suicide is never the answer! We as human beings are so adaptable, there is always a way out. Always a solution. Sometimes we just need to let time fix the problems for us. I remember my close calls with my self-worth. But what seemed so enormous before became so trival later. I am sorry I didn't get to share that with you, Hacker. Hope you are in a better place.

Zim: "I put the fires out!"
Tallest: "You made them worse!"
Zim: "Worse or better?"

Reply to topic

Jump to: