[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Preng's Projects

Reply to topic
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Mar 29 2014 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

All right...

When I originally joined these boards, I was an overzealous college student with criminally minimal free time. Chances were if I was in the IRC, I was studying. My computer was very old-tech; it graciously got me through college, but was not very effective or efficient for much else.

I have since completed my studies and acquired my certified public accountant license. Work keeps me occupied, and I may be studying for additional certifications, but I am fortunate to have gained a satisfactory amount of free time. In addition, I recently built a new computer. The feeling of having a functioning machine is having a profound effect in my motivation to create content again.

Most of the stuff I share here is going to be video-game related, as I have also recently purchased a capture card. However, drawing was a pre-college hobby, and I intend to get re-antiquated with that medium. I also have hopes to someday create electronic/sample-based music, although more research and planning is necessary. Whatever it is, it will be added to this thread.

Finally, thanks for keeping me entertained over the last couple of years, everyone! College was brutal, but these boards and the folks occupying them were just what I needed to get through the madness.

I am going to kick things off with a Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike video that's been waiting far, far too long to be uploaded. If your name is sidewaydriver or MellowMeek, viewing is mandatory. For everyone else, all you need to know is that Round 2 highlights the best way to fight with the game's "worst" character. An unfair title, I can assure you!
Preng
PostPosted: Apr 11 2014 02:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is a brief video of one of my favorite sections in Fez.

Have you not played Fez? Shame on you. Watch this and go play Fez.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Apr 11 2014 03:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fez is such an awesome game. I really love the atmosphere. I should probably pick it back up and finish it.

Preng
PostPosted: Apr 11 2014 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for watching, @om*d. I had a hunch you would be particularly interested in something Fez-related.

How far did you get when you played it?
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Apr 11 2014 09:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's a pretty good question actually. I don't think I got very far at all back when I last played. I got to an area where it was raining and there was thunder and/or lightning, it looked like an old temple. I might have a hell of a time figuring out what to do next. I have had that problem a bit as of late. I tried playing Fallout New Vegas and couldn't figure out where I had stored all of my stuff and got really frustrated. I still have to do Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and the NCR and House ending of the main game. Thankfully I already did the hardcore run on my first time through the game, lol. I have too many games that I started and just left halfway or almost complete and stopped. Might have to keep a game journal where I write down what I am doing in my games to remember it all. The only games I have been completing are on my 3DS, since I carry it around everywhere and can play it in my car or when I am waiting at the lawyer's office Neutral

Preng
PostPosted: Apr 26 2014 03:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As some of you may be aware, I play a lot of multiplayer in the Gears of War series.

I won't defend the absurdities of this series. Steroid-folk from Not Earth fight weird underground Steroid-monsters? The campaign and general premise is admittedly silly and unlikely to be considered timeless.

Nevertheless, I am going to present a video of some multiplayer gameplay from the third game. I understand many will write this off as "wrong fucking audience, Preng" and I'm totally cool with that.

Though if it makes any sense, I have found the series' multiplayer to be one of low lows and high highs - a rarity in online shooters. I believe that element is required if one expects to derive any long term enjoyment from a game. Do you remember playing a NES, SNES, or other retro game that consistently kicked your ass, leaving you low and frustrated from the challenge? But you gradually got better, kept making progress, and got a high off of beating it? I did from Mega Man X3.

Gears multiplayer continues to supply me with that feeling. The lows are low because the game consists of active advanced players who only need a split second to ruin your day (most newcomers were weeded out by a fierce difficulty curve). But the highs are high because game changers could always be in your favor with some communication, strategy and luck. I still find myself learning new things.

Anyways, this video was a very, very close match, and I was playing solo. Some of my random teammates were genuinely helpful, but I would totally be lying if I said I didn't carry most of them. Nobody was communicating, and I had to mentally manage more than my share. I've sped through some of the less stimulating parts of the match for your convenience.

I hope this does something for you.
Preng
PostPosted: Nov 03 2014 08:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So Skyrim is fun and all, and after acquiring the Shield Charge skill I'm pretty sure I used it on about 80% of my opponents. Slight endgame spoilers if you still haven't gotten around to playing yet.
Reply to topic

Jump to: