"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Any Chicago Bears Fans Please Help

Reply to topic
JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: Mar 01 2013 06:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have been a Bears fan my entire life. Might seem odd considering I live in Mississippi but I was born in Illinois so the Bears is and always will be my team in the NFL.

So please help me understand, why the fuck would they fire Lovie Smith? I understand since the made the Super Bowl in 2006 they haven't exactly been taken seriously even when they do make the playoffs. But Lovie was fired, in my opinion, from a kneejerk reaction to losing one game last season and now we have a new coach who looks like he could possibly work for Microsoft. Now I'm worried that even if they do finally address the offensive line problem that has plagued them for the past few seasons I'm not sure it will be enough. Urlacher is pissed over Lovie getting fired and now the entire defence might say fuck it and that is a scary thing considering they have been solid year after year no matter what.

So my reason for posting this is that I was wondering if there are any Bears fans out there who share my disdain or if anyone else's team is having issues they would like to talk about. Except those of you who are fans for the Green Bay Faggger, *ahem*, Packers I mean. Sorry, I just can't stand Aaron Rodgers for obvious reasons.
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Mar 02 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lovie wasn't getting them rings, and hell they hadn't been to the playoffs since 2010 and before that 2006. His defense was spectacular but his offense sucked pretty consistently and he wasn't getting in the playoffs. Those are the reasons he got fired.

Chicago expects the Bears to win and then make the playoffs every year, if not go all the way. Unrealistic given the division, sure, but that's what the city expects out of all their teams with the possible exception of the Cubs. Maybe it wasn't entirely Lovie's fault that the offense had practically no talent outside of Cutler and Marshall but he's the one the blame fell on.

Not a Bears fan myself despite being born here and still living here but I'm forced to watch the games since they don't show Bucs games around here unless I wander to my Dad's to use his Sunday Ticket and that's what I observed the last couple seasons. A defense carrying the team, an offense that could barely do anything, and when it came down to the wire the defense was so banged up it couldn't drag the offense's corpse into the playoffs on its own. Seriously this season it was a running joke in my house that all you had to do to stop Cutler was stand between him and Marshall since he never looked anywhere else.
JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: Mar 03 2013 05:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent points my good man. As to the running joke at your house, it wouldn't mattered if God himself stood between Cutler and Marshall because he was gettin the ball no matter what. Just check out the stats, they kicked ass. The Cubs and the Bears are similiar in that when the have high expections they royally fuck things up. Plus they had been plagued with injuries for the longest. But look what happened, soon as Lovie got fired he was picked right back up immediatly, can't remember who by but I bet they were breaking out the disco when they heard they could get Lovie.

Bigger question I would ask, if I may, is how the fuck did you become a Tampa fan if you live in and are from Illinois?
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Mar 03 2013 05:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Moved to Florida when I was 18 and I found that I liked them more than any of the teams around here even though they sucked back then, stuck with them when I moved back. Plus they had a pirate ship in the stadium that fired its cannons when they scored so there's that too. Actually there seem to be a lot of Tampa fans around here, probably because half the people that migrate to Florida in the winter seemed to come from Illinois.
Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Mar 03 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I do like the Bucs, except when they beat the Rams with :08 left on the clock. That pirate ship is badass. I think it's hilarious that the Bears fired Lovie, even with 10 wins. I don't hate them or anything, but between the team fucking up and Cutler, it's pretty funny. Fuck the Cubs. I like to go spit on the statue of Ernie Banks whenever I'm in Chicago.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 04 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was a little surprised myself when it happened, but I guess he just wasn't getting the job done over the long term. He shouldn't get all the blame for this past season's troubled end because of the injuries, but as a major market, we're supposed to expect more. Considering this team's gloried history, it has been pathetic in the Super Bowl era, and I think the city and ownership has certainly expected more since '06, and the team, and Lovie, did not deliver.

Then again, I thought they never should have fired Ditka, blessed be his name.

Sarge wrote:
Fuck the Cubs. I like to go spit on the statue of Ernie Banks whenever I'm in Chicago.

I love you. I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
kurkure
PostPosted: Jan 06 2014 08:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Actually there seem to be a lot of Tampa fans around here, probably because half the people that migrate to Florida in the winter seemed to come from Illinois.

Smile PleazZZZzzzZZZzzzz……

Reply to topic

Jump to: