"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Skateboarding Thread

Reply to topic
Buzz_Killington
Title: The Kill That Buzzes
PostPosted: Jan 21 2012 02:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if there is really anyone who skateboards on here, but I thought I would start a thread anyway's to see if you guys have any good set ups. Despite it being Winter, I went out and got a new board anyway, because I was overdue to get one, and I wanted to get myself excited for summer. The last one I had was a World Industries (which sucks ass) stock deck. I ended up switching out the bearings and the board but keeping the stock hardware onto that and I was using that the past 3 years. Now I think I'm deserving of a much better set up for this summer.

This new one is a Mystery deck with Thunder trucks, Bones Reds bearings and blank wheels. I think I am going to go pick up some spitfires later to replace the blank ones, though.

Anyone else have any good set ups? Namely better ones? Post em' here.

This signature is false. This Is A Joke

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Jan 21 2012 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Element featherlite deck, Destructo signature trucks, Bones Red bearings (hell yeah), I forget what kind of Spitfire wheels I have but they're some kind of hollow core. I used to go between Venture and Destructo trucks until I snapped a Venture one nearly in half doing a simple 50-50 on some steps.

As for why it looks nearly unused, I haven't been able to ride since I screwed up my knee.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Jan 22 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't board myself, but I'm friends with Greg Lutzka who's a professional Boarder. So I follow him when he competes and it's on TV.

I've always wanted to get into boarding, but anytime I try I've found I'm just plain terrible.
Camshaft
PostPosted: Feb 12 2012 02:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I used to skateboard around Cleveland back when I was in college. I started out with a cheap Kryptonics board for 3 reasons:

1) I was poor
2) I wasn't sure if I'd stick with it
3) It had the A-Team on it

They actually make decent stuff for the price. Unlike a lot of the cheaper brands they aren't too wide or heavy to attempt basic tricks. I intended to upgrade mine gradually but I got as far as swapping the stock trucks out for Grind Kings before my local skate shop closed. If you've always wanted to get your feet wet, I'd recommend going with a Kryptonics board if you can find one at your local Target Mart or whatever.

"DO YOUR FOLKS KNOW WHAT YER DOING"

Mick Bynes
Title: The Death Metal God
PostPosted: Dec 06 2012 04:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have been a skateboarder since the tender age of 9. Yup and that was in 1993! I don't skate too much and it's too bad that I never skated a lot. It was an on and off kind of thing. I skateboarded mostly in my early-mid teens.

I started at such a young age... I could have gone pro if I worked at it more and skateboarded more. Well it turns out I'm more musically inclined as I got older. I decided to pursue a degree in music after I finished up community college in 2005.

These days, I skateboard as much as I possibly can. Skateboarding is fun! Not only that, it's a great way to exercise and to stay fit.

Reply to topic

Jump to: