"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What games are you currently playing?

Reply to topic
slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

NOTHING lately, since all my games and shit are in storage while I stay with my in-laws and hope that the rental application that I put in for this one place gets approved. However when I get a chance I'll probably return to Zelda Outlands and Lufia 2.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Along with Gears of War 3, I've been playing Fallout New Vegas, Minecraft and Golden Sun.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Some recent games:

-Still playing World of Tanks as an addiction, especially now that my clan is starting to take up space on the Clan Wars Map.

-Finally got to Minecraft. These games are weird for me, because although it's fun for me to fart around and break crap, I always feel inadequate next to people who can create amazing stuff in the game, and just kind of lose hope in my dinky underground lair.

-The Dream Machine is one of the best point-and-click adventure games I've ever played. It's got great puzzles, atmosphere, and neat ideas that make it a lot of fun.

-Penny Arcade 3. Basically a parody/homage to 16-bit JRPGs, but with great, challenging combat, and a fun job system.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 01:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, probably one of the best ROM hacks I've ever played in terms of presentation. Pity about the poor translation, though.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing Pokemon Conquest mostly. The game is actually kind of enjoyable.
Not Sure
Too Good At 2D Games
Too Good At 2D Games
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 05:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, probably one of the best ROM hacks I've ever played in terms of presentation. Pity about the poor translation, though.

Second. At least they translated it, though.

My Youtube Channel | 2012 NES Challenge standings
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 07:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just Cause 2 and Quantum Conundrum.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 07:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Minecraft, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Castlevania: SOTN.

Vaenamoenen
PostPosted: Jul 11 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Crusader Kings II

This makes Civilizations look like Call of Duty. A bad analogy in a way, since Civ's are awesome games. But they are so straightforward in comparison to this über-clockwork of a game. Many will find this game boring as hell, as most of the time you are just staring at various menus with character portraits as decoration.

But I think this game teaches kids some objectionable moral ideas! I think Fox News should pick up that in Crusader Kings 2:
- Every woman becomes infertile at her 45th birthday. At that point it makes most sense to conspire her assasination and get a new, younger wife as keeping your dynasty alive is the point of the game. And oh, you can arrange marriage between 50 years old king and 6 years old princess.
- You want to have your kingdom near Arabs or other pagans, as every military thing you do towards them will automaticly be called "holy war". No need for silly casus bellis, such as forged claim for a piece of land, or, you know, actual reason to fight.
- Just in case you want that piece of land next to you and don't feel like fighting wars, marry your heir to their daughter and assassinate all other claimants. Done.
Vert1
PostPosted: Jul 12 2012 02:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Space Raiders.

Probably the only game I know that having an awesome weapon is determined by how many consecutive hits (one missed shot and you are reduced back to a pea shooter) you rack up and not getting hit. Insane perfectionism. Very addicting when you get your shot up to 100 on the consecutive hit system.

The voice acting in the cutscenes is hilarious. "It's taken over the body!"

utahpunk
Title: Sir!
PostPosted: Jul 20 2012 02:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Modern Console: Saints Row The Third (PS3)
SNES: Hagane/ Zelda - Link to The Past
NES: Batman....that's right, Batman. Deal with it.
GBA: Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.

*** For the record I LOVE my JXD A1000

......I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jul 20 2012 02:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The past week or so I've been playing an edited rom I found on the internet of RBI Baseball for the NES, with 2003 rosters. It's great to be able to play as the White Sox in one of my early, favorite baseball games, not to mention playing as Frank Thomas & Paul Konerko in the same game. Awesome.

The photo used for the original game, on its wikipedia page:
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 20 2012 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

La-Mulana remake came out last week. I'm prepping to face Tiamat for the second time and it is going to suck supremely.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Jul 20 2012 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got the whole Men of War series on the Steam Sale, and it's a blast. It's a strategy game set on obscure (for Westerners anyway) battles on the Eastern Front in WW2 that relies almost completely upon unit movement and positioning. There are large battles featuring armor and infantry charges, and smaller covert ones reminiscent of the old Commandos games that require more stealth and looting to get by. It's interesting to die almost immediately in a mission, then switch up your armor/infantry cohesive tactics and be able to flawlessly steamroll a German defensive line in subsequent tries.

My favorite mission so far is the one where you're supporting the Moscow defensive line. While troops are preparing a rear main defense line, you have to establish a forward line with only conscript troops and crappy anti-tank rifles. I was down to about two or three squads when they finished the the main line, and after that things got insanely action-packed as the offensives got bigger and required me to counter-attack and retreat multiple times until armor support arrived, when I was able to mount a full counterattack and win the mission. It's definitely going on my list of most memorable video game moments.

Did I mention I like the game at all? I'm just glad to see strategy games dumping the Starcraft and Warcraft style of strategy games where it's about base-building and rushing early.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Jul 21 2012 03:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Been playing Endless Space. I'm not sure I really like it though.

It is like a combination of Civilization, Sins of a Solar Empire, and the Total War series but it is a total mess from the combination. The "combat" is essentially a boring card game that plays like rock, paper, scissors that seems like it was originally intended to be fought like Total War but they decided not to spend the resources to do it and just half-assed it in the end. Better off just letting it auto resolve.

Also if you try to expand your empire early you'll eventually end up with all your planets freaking the hell out and revolting because you over-expanded, but if you don't the AI takes everything around you because they seem to suffer none of the same penalties you do. Doesn't really seem to matter how much or how little you really expand either, the planets start incurring penalties for over-expansion even if you just take a single other planet, which is pretty ridiculous.

After you are boxed in by the AI the pirate fleets will show up. Good luck beating those bastards as they take your planets one by one, because they'll be using fleets that are nearly five times as powerful as anything you or the AI can even field. Seriously if you even do damage to them before they blow your fleet apart you did excellent. It is like they ripped the pirates straight out of SoaSE and scrapped the bounty system so you'd have no way to avoid their god-like raiding fleets.

The idea seemed cool, but the final result is just a painful mess to play. It is definitely challenging but not through any actual effort to be so, really only being challenging because it would take a ton of effort to win despite the poor design choices and awful, awful AI.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 21 2012 01:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dead Space 2.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

SHODAN
Title: Sentient
PostPosted: Jul 21 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Resident Evil. The original PSX version.

Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial existence? When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence. I am SHODAN.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've playing Xenogears for the past month, almost to the very end of the game. It's definitely one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and it definitely has one of the best plots of any game I've ever played.

Major spoiler:
[SPOILER:ab10e6acdf]My jaw just about hit the floor when it revealed that Fei and Id are the same person.[/SPOILER:ab10e6acdf]

Vert1
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 07:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to do a no-death run on V-rated with Sylvia. Stage 2 is insanous maximus.

Recently started playing Gotcha Force. Had that one lying around for years after never really playing it when I bought it used at GameStop many years ago. Can't wait to test out multi-player with 3 friends.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 07:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
La-Mulana remake came out last week. I'm prepping to face Tiamat for the second time and it is going to suck supremely.

Just reached Tiamat. Even with all the assistance this remake gives you, she is still a horrendous turbobitch.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 03:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
The past week or so I've been playing an edited rom I found on the internet of RBI Baseball for the NES, with 2003 rosters. It's great to be able to play as the White Sox in one of my early, favorite baseball games, not to mention playing as Frank Thomas & Paul Konerko in the same game. Awesome.

The photo used for the original game, on its wikipedia page:

just saw this post, and that is AWESOME.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Jul 26 2012 09:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Decided to look through my older generation games and started playing Super Metroid, it's as good asexpected, if not better, I didn't think there would be so many different power ups.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Mondegreen
Title: The Guy
PostPosted: Aug 10 2012 06:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I started playing Earthbound for the first time recently, mainly because I got in an argument over whether Giygas could beat a tag team of Thor and Jesus. Yeah.

"'scuse me while I kiss the sky."
-Purple Haze

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Aug 10 2012 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums, Mandegree!

JRA
PostPosted: Aug 10 2012 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to 100% Super Metroid in under 3:07

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Reply to topic

Jump to: