SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What games are you currently playing?

Reply to topic
Greg the White
PostPosted: May 26 2012 01:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

World of Tanks: Think small, PvP-only MMO tank RPG matches combined with Risk. It's a hell of a lot of fun, especially if you join in Clan Wars.

Resistance 3: Sort of a return to grace for shooters. I can carry a shitload of guns that do a bunch of cool things, no half-brained recharging health or cover systems, and I'm fighting aliens that range from tiny bugs to 20 foot tall monsters.

Company of Heroes: I've been on a PC gaming kick for the first time in years, and I've had a blast playing with CoH. It's just nice to have an RTS where the strategy is beyond just "hurryupmakeunitsnowattackquickquick."

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: May 26 2012 01:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
There is no fucking around with the characters like Fatman in MGS2 or that stupid bee-controlling guy in MGS3.

How was that fucking around?

I think with Fatman it's the whole: THERE'S BOMBS IN EVERY STRUT and then you run around doing that and then ANOTHER BOMB in strut A and then fucking fight him and MORE BOMBS.

I can't remember bee guy if there was any build up to him but i can sort of recall his fight being annoying? - did you jump in and out of the water and shoot him with the grenade launcher.

I fail to find a noticable amount of fucking around in either of these.
I just found these characters ridicolous. Fatman is a fat guy on rollerblades that throws bombs all over the place. What kind of concept for super serious game like MGS is that? It would fit a Kirby game better.

For The Pain in MGS3 i have the same complaint. I just felt silly fighting a guy throwing bees at me. I couldn't help it. I would expect that from a Donkey Kong game or something.

I can't say I agree with either of these sentiments either. I find it odd that you're complaining that the rest of the games in the series have boss enemies that are too ridiculous when the first game has a Native American that wields a gatling gun and gets eaten by ravens in a sky burial, and a floating telepathic guy wearing a gas mask that you have to switch controller ports to beat.

Alowishus
PostPosted: May 26 2012 01:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
There is no fucking around with the characters like Fatman in MGS2 or that stupid bee-controlling guy in MGS3.

I think with Fatman it's the whole: THERE'S BOMBS IN EVERY STRUT and then you run around doing that and then ANOTHER BOMB in strut A and then fucking fight him and MORE BOMBS.

I can't remember bee guy if there was any build up to him but i can sort of recall his fight being annoying? - did you jump in and out of the water and shoot him with the grenade launcher.

It's unnecessary busywork which basically has no real point. The only thing Fatman basically does is blow up parts of Shell 2 so they didn't have to design them by claiming they are flooded. If you removed him from the game:

1. It would make basically no difference plot wise.
2. The game would be way shorter.

Anyway today i failed to play FFV and played RE4 instead from chapter 1-3 to 3-3.
Cameron
PostPosted: May 26 2012 02:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's unnecessary busywork which basically has no real point. If you removed him from the game:

Busywork? I find it fun. Plus I don't see how making the game shorter would necessarily make it any better or worse, but whatevs.

Alowishus
PostPosted: May 26 2012 02:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's unnecessary busywork which basically has no real point. If you removed him from the game:

Busywork? I find it fun. Plus I don't see how making the game shorter would necessarily make it any better or worse, but whatevs.

Well i didn't particularly. My point wasn't the length of the game, my point was that you may well just remove it as it has no actual point.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 26 2012 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

robot unicorn

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: May 26 2012 04:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Draw Something with Meek and woodzy.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Cameron
PostPosted: May 26 2012 08:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Well i didn't particularly. My point wasn't the length of the game, my point was that you may well just remove it as it has no actual point.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm arguing just for the sake of arguing, but I don't really follow what reasoning you're using here. If a specific part of a game doesn't have a "point", then does any part of a game have a point to begin with? I'm just not understanding what you're trying to say.

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: May 26 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Max Payne 3 still. So much to do.

I have been seriously thinking about getting the new Mario Tennis for 3DS though.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 27 2012 09:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really get why i even have to argue about Fatman being a silly character concept. He is weird bald guy on rollerblades that just pops up for one scene with no introduction or anything. The whole Fox Hunt members in MGS1 were much more defined and explained while the story progresses and were overall much better designed. Psycho Mantis has supernatural powers yeah. But as a character he is believable. He is sick and twisted and you somehow get what this guy is about. I also never liked the Vamp in MGS2. I dunno. It just seemed stupid to throw a vampire into the game.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Alowishus
PostPosted: May 27 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I'm not trying to sound like I'm arguing just for the sake of arguing, but I don't really follow what reasoning you're using here. If a specific part of a game doesn't have a "point", then does any part of a game have a point to begin with? I'm just not understanding what you're trying to say.

Lol why does this have to be an argument? I am merely discussing it, no hard feelings or MADNESS. I meant a point in the overarching plot. In terms of the plot in the whole game it is never mentioned again really, the whole Fatman thing. It's not like the presidents rescue. The Emma Emmerich thing is kinda unnecessary to - yes i know you need her computer skills but it could have been anyone who did that and not her. I should have been more clear.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: May 27 2012 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

With a few exceptions, I didn't have any problem with the Metal Gear bosses. The problem I usually have with human bosses in 3D games is that they're able to take 20000 shotgun blasts and rockets to the face before going down and then they have a parting speech afterward. It only makes sense that they could since I can, but in Dead Rising, it just took me out of the game. This was a huge enough problem for me to the point where I couldn't bring myself to go past the second boss.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: May 27 2012 01:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
With a few exceptions, I didn't have any problem with the Metal Gear bosses. The problem I usually have with human bosses is that they're able to take 20000 shotgun blasts and rockets to the face before going down and then they have a parting speech afterward. This was a huge problem for me in Dead Rising to the point where I couldn't bring myself to go past the second boss.

lol

You will throw your controller against the wall after fighting the Final Boss in MGS then.

it was the best of times

The Opponent
PostPosted: May 27 2012 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not the sort to throw anything at the wall, no matter how maddening it gets. I can understand those who do, but I usually just lightly toss the controller aside in resignation.

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: May 27 2012 01:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
I'm not the sort to throw anything at the wall, no matter how maddening it gets. I can understand those who do, but I usually just lightly toss the controller aside in resignation.

I do that sometimes. I even threw my PSP against the ground when i got mad. I remember totally destroying a PS2 controller by throwing it against the ground a couple of years ago.

it was the best of times

Alowishus
PostPosted: May 27 2012 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
With a few exceptions, I didn't have any problem with the Metal Gear bosses. The problem I usually have with human bosses in 3D games is that they're able to take 20000 shotgun blasts and rockets to the face before going down and then they have a parting speech afterward. It only makes sense that they could since I can, but in Dead Rising, it just took me out of the game. This was a huge enough problem for me to the point where I couldn't bring myself to go past the second boss.

I mean don't get me wrong, i found Fatman to be a bit dull - especially on replays. I don't really have many problems with any of the bosses, especially their design. All the MGS bosses are fucking retarded. It's just part of the franchise, be it vamp, fortune, psycho mantis, vulcan raven, gray fox, whoever! It would then be foolish of me to say you know Fatman is a stupid boss.

I don't have a problem with Fatman as a boss i'm just saying it's a bit of a dull boss (and the fact you spend a least an hour or two running around all the fucking struts, multiple times, crawling under things just to freeze bombs, it's not particularly entertaining) and the interactions with him don't really achieve anything in the grander scheme of things.
i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: May 27 2012 03:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

MGS has some great boss fights. Gray Fox, The End, Solidus for instance.

it was the best of times

The Opponent
PostPosted: May 27 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Metal Gear, I stumbled on this.

Notice something wrong?

slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: May 29 2012 01:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Metal Gear I've been sort of dabbling in Snake's Revenge lately. It's a game I've never beaten and never even owned until recently. I beat the original Metal Gear years ago. Mostly I've been playing Lufia II lately, however I seldomly have time to play video games lately, so it seems like it's taking me forever to get through it.

Oh, and that grenade launcher looks like a shotgun.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Greg the White
PostPosted: May 29 2012 03:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

So I finished off Resistance 3 and Company of Heroes. I'm now onto finishing Valkyria Chronicles. I kind of hit a wall with it a while back, and am trying to beat the super-tank mission.

The Flaming Schnitzel
Title: Tsar of all Russias
PostPosted: May 29 2012 07:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Arlock41 wrote:
Rogue Galaxy and the 1st Rune Factory.

I've been curious about giving Rune Factory a try. Is it good?

I am currently playing Super Mario 3D Land. Thinking of maybe trying Portal this weekend.

Image Image Image

Vaenamoenen
PostPosted: May 30 2012 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Legend of Grimrock
Greg the White
PostPosted: May 30 2012 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never been into dungeon crawls, but Grimrock looks interesting.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: May 30 2012 03:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Flaming Schnitzel wrote:
Arlock41 wrote:
Rogue Galaxy and the 1st Rune Factory.

I've been curious about giving Rune Factory a try. Is it good?

It's okay. It is basically Harvest Moon with a dungeon crawler added on. From what I gathered playing the game actually harvesting the crops is a bad idea though. Didn't make much sense to me coming from Harvest Moon, but I guess they generate stamina restoring stuff if you just leave them. I don't know if they changed it much in the second or Wii versions though because I just couldn't get into the first one so I haven't tried the others yet.
Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: May 30 2012 05:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Uh, the Beretta 92F (or Beretta M9 for military) is not single action, it's DA/SA. I wonder where Nintendo found a single action Baretta M92F?

Reply to topic

Jump to: