"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Top 5 Most Destroyed Canadian Cities in the Marvel Universe

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 13 2012 06:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/09/five-most-destroyed-canadian-cities-marvel-universe/

5. Calgary. "Calgary gets the lowest ranking on this list because, though it gets trashed pretty regularly, none of the battles there really result in loss of life. Who would dare spill blood in John Byrne’s hometown, after all?"

4. St John's. "I’ll let Newfoundlanders decide which is more embarrassing: The fact that their city was destroyed in the second-tier tie-in book, or the fact that its defence rested in the hands of Speedball."

3. Toronto. "Toronto would serve as the longest-running home base of Alpha Flight’s original run, so naturally, many windows were smashed and buildings destroyed in the issues that followed. But the city as a whole wouldn’t take another truly destructive pounding until Michael Avon Oeming’s Omega Flight miniseries, where the Wrecking Crew (aided by the Great Beasts) utterly demolish the Royal Ontario Museum in a battle with Omega Flight and, for some reason, Beta Ray Bill. I would have thought that, if you’re going to fight at the ROM, you’d want Rom: Spaceknight on your side."

2. Vancouver. "I’m not holding my breath for a miraculous restoration of Vancouver after Fear Itself, like when Odin magically undid the destruction of Paris in Fear Itself #7.3. Though given the widespread flooding, I’m guessing Vancouverites are holding their breath for as long as they can."

1. Edmonton. "Hudnall’s four-story arc Wrath of the Dreamqueen, running from issues 67 to 70, puts Edmonton through the wringer, and may be one of the most gruesome things I’ve ever read in an Alpha Flight comic. The Dreamqueen makes Edmonton her base of operations, uses her mind-control power to take over the city and send Edmontonians on a citywide killing spree. We see a father murder his children with a shotgun, motorists running people over thinking they’re riding bumper cars at the fair, average citizens lynching each other and hanging them from street signs. It practically crosses over into M. Night Shyamalan’s The Happening territory: There’s even a scene where a man is running people over on his lawn with a lawnmower, just like in that movie."

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Jan 13 2012 01:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What an oddly specific list
bassguy252
Title: Professional Malcontent
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 01:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

yeah!! we're #1!! we're #1!! Very Happy

Let's assume it's a mixture of the two!

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 03:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

bassguy252 wrote:
yeah!! we're #1!! we're #1!! Very Happy

That's right... out of other Canadian cities! Wink

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

bassguy252
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 01:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

no shit

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bassguy252 wrote:
no shit

I was just pokin' fun. I've been to 3/5 of the cities mentioned (sadly, not Edmonton or St. Johns), but I have noticed that Alpha Flight in particular takes it pretty rough on our neighbors up north. Maybe it's stored-up American aggression over being so close to a far more sound economy, public healthcare and a subconcious desire, never to be fulfilled, that Wolverine'd love the US more?

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

bassguy252
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 06:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

no offence taken kind sir

oh our great healthcare system is a myth, it sucks, not as much as your guys but its nothing to write home about

I think Marvel just hates us because of superman, its really all it is, I know the guy is from NY but he was created by a Canadian. Theyre just bitter about it is all

Reply to topic

Jump to: