"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Things that piss you off, the TV edition

Reply to topic
Laminated Sky
Title: Extra Crispy
PostPosted: Oct 02 2010 09:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

You'd figure there would be a "things that piss you off" for ever category.

What pisses me off about tv, is the fact that you can have a thousand channels and nothing to watch. WTF are you even paying for? There seems to be a lot of bullshit programs you have to filter through. I've spent more time seeing what's on, then actually watching a show.

The news also pisses me off. Sometimes I think there job is to make people angry, annoyed, paranoid, or depressed.

I'm so bananas I'm showing up to your open casket,
to fill it up with explosive gases,
and close it back,
with a lit match in it,
while I sit back, and just hope it catches.

Blow you to fragments,
laugh,
roll you, and smoke the ashes.

http://history.sydlexia.com/index.php?title=Laminated_Sky

Signature subject to change without notice.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Oct 02 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah dude that's why I don't have cable, I don't see the point. Every time I'm at a friend's house who has cable I watch them spend more times flipping through a bazillion channels than actually watching a whole program.

Now if the cable companies offered me some sort of discount package where I could get only the four of five channels that I'm interested in I'd be all over it.

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Oct 02 2010 03:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you aren't a total spaz with a low attention span, it's quite easy to find programs you'll enjoy. If you have a thousand channels and can never find a show you like, then the problem might be you, not the TV. And don't watch the news if you don't like it.

What I do is just find shows that look interesting in advance and record them on my DVR, then I have a whole bank of shows to choose from whenever I sit down to watch TV. Either that, or I download shows I know I like and watch them on my computer whenever I want to.
Blackout
PostPosted: Oct 03 2010 03:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just want the History Channel, that military spin off they have, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, and Fox. Maybe Discovery, is that still around?

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Oct 03 2010 05:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Laminated, it's not the news, it's the lack thereof. Journalistic integrity is a thing of the past, every news program is pushing some sort of corporate agenda and they focus on ignanimous pap instead of real content because the American public is too stupid to want substance instead of flash and partisan rhetoric.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Oct 05 2010 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When the C-minus students who run your favorite network replace not one, but TWO shows you love with one inexplicably long-running piece of shit.

That's what happened to me just yesterday. I've never particularly cared for the show in question either way, but now I've never hated it more.
Laminated Sky
PostPosted: Oct 05 2010 06:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care for most shows. I find there is so much bullshit in T.V. the news, reality shows (if you can call them that) and "RERUNS". I don't pay for the cable at my house, and i never would. I would be fine with a handfull of channels too, but even they will have shows I don't watch. What I'm saying is I'm picky with T..V. I find I watch the shows with too much criticisim. I will mock any show that seems too stupid to watch.

I even find wrestling retarded sometimes too. I still watch it though. Whether or not this is relevant I don't know anymore. Rolling Eyes

"I'm on a crusade against everything stupid."

and close it back,
with a lit match in it,

Blow you to fragments,
laugh,

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Blackout
PostPosted: Oct 05 2010 06:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

But wrestling is supposed to be kind of retarded. Confused

Laminated Sky
PostPosted: Oct 05 2010 08:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
But wrestling is supposed to be kind of retarded. Confused

The storylines in wrestling can be as bad as reality T.V. The actual wrestling is entertaining, but having to listen to the in between ranting before each match is dreadful. The bad acting is a pain sometimes too.

and close it back,
with a lit match in it,

Blow you to fragments,
laugh,

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Oct 15 2010 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Missing episodes of Jeresy Shore...I keep forgetting to record it when ever I get a chance to watch TV.

Also when you record a show on DVR and it's not the show you wanted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Oct 15 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can summarize if you want to know what happened this season. And fuck you naysayers. It's like a series of field recordings.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 16 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
I just want the History Channel, that military spin off they have, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, and Fox. Maybe Discovery, is that still around?

Even the damn History Channel isn't nearly as good as it used to be. Their new slogan "History made every day" is just an excuse to put up a bunch of quasi-reality shows I don't care about. I can tolerate American Pickers and Pawn Stars (except Chumlee) because I might actually learn a thing or two, however most of the others are just absolute wastes of time. I don't want to watch people drive on ice, I don't want to see people cut down trees and I don't want to watch Swamp people. These shows are OH SO classy when they bleep out the F word every 5 seconds. How about some real fucking history? We have several thousand years worth of it.

Anyways, I too watch wrestling, and tend to overlook the stupid stuff. At least it's not 2007 again, where Hornswoggle was on Raw every week outsmarting Coach and Carlito. At least during this time of year, I can flip over to the NFL.

Outside of that, I hardly watch TV. Maybe the occasional old episode of the Simpsons or Everybody Loves Raymond. If I'm not at work, I'll also seek out Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption.Turner Classic Movies is a pretty decent channel. I used to like Gameshow Network, but that too went down the toilet over the last two years. I hate Deal or No Deal, yet they somehow find a way to put 4 episodes on every fucking day.

I agree with the person who would only pay for a few channels. What I've been doing anymore is constantly switching providers, so I get the 6 months of free whatever every time I do it.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Oct 16 2010 02:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Laminated Sky wrote:
You'd figure there would be a "things that piss you off" for ever category.

What pisses me off about tv, is the fact that you can have a thousand channels and nothing to watch. WTF are you even paying for? There seems to be a lot of bullshit programs you have to filter through. I've spent more time seeing what's on, then actually watching a show.

The news also pisses me off. Sometimes I think there job is to make people angry, annoyed, paranoid, or depressed.

Agreed on the news. If you're finding yourself without something to watch, maybe invest in a DVR. I don't have one anymore, but man oh man did I love it. Record episodes of any and all shows you like, and you'll soon have more to watch that you like than you could ever find time for.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Oct 16 2010 09:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was gonna stay out of this, because most of TV I can take or leave. But Family Channel dropping my Midnight Whose Line for some retarded ass generic sitcom, that pisses me off.

Also, pretty much any of the faux reality "reenactment" shows on TruTV, like Operation Repo and shit. They're so frigging blatantly fake.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Oct 16 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hate the commercial at the climax of an hour long program, when there is less than 10 minutes left. I have premium cable with about a thousand channels, but I mostly download what I want to watch, whether it be movies or shows. My girlfriend watches TV more than I do, and she watches a shitload of design and cooking shows, which can be interesting and informative, but that's about the only time I actually watch it, when it's already on because she is watching something.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 16 2010 11:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when TLC stood for The Learning Channel. Lately the only learning it seems to bestow is how to NOT raise kids (Kate Plus 8, Toddlers n Tiaras, 19 Kids and Counting), fashion sense (leave that to stuff like Bravo). I understand part of this redesign was due to Discovery trying to reinvent itself for ratings (which started around 98-99). Discovery Kids has gone away and morphed into a channel run by Hasbro called The Hub (at least they offer Fraggle Rock, G1 Transformers and G.I. Joe).

In short, I want the History Channel to be about History. I dig Pawn Stars and American Pickers (and even How The States Got Their Shapes), but everything else needs to be sort of like how History International is, covering actual events.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Blackout
PostPosted: Oct 16 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the History Channel's recent revamp is kind of a bummer.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Oct 17 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

At least the History Channel is not 90 percent Nazis and KKK programs like it was at one point. I prefer History International now, as well as NatGeo Wild, which is kind of like how the Discovery Channel used to be.

Laminated Sky
PostPosted: Oct 17 2010 03:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

I notice there are times, when all the channels I watch, have nothing on. I only watch a handful of channels; usually at least one of them, will have something to watch. There are still times when I go to watch T.V. and I check all the channels, and there ain't shit on.

Maybe I'm just ranting, but there isn't anything to watch on T.V. Rolling Eyes

and close it back,
with a lit match in it,

Blow you to fragments,
laugh,

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Oct 17 2010 10:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
(and even How The States Got Their Shapes)

The title alone of that fascinates me. I need to see it.
IceWarm
PostPosted: Oct 17 2010 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that Heroes got canceled after what was a pretty good forth season. Probably the best season since season one.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Oct 17 2010 04:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hate when shows I really enjoy take a "mid-season" break. I also hate waiting for a week to watch the next episode of a show when it leaves you on a cliff hanger.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Oct 17 2010 04:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
I hate when shows I really enjoy take a "mid-season" break. I also hate waiting for a week to watch the next episode of a show when it leaves you on a cliff hanger.

My wife hates cliffhangers so much...
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Oct 17 2010 05:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

being alive is so fucking disturbing and depressing, they should put more entertaining shows into the programm.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Oct 18 2010 03:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much all commercial music, iPod and car commercials especially. Only a few commercials have used good music lately (A car commercial used Judas Priest's "The Hellion") but most times when they use actual bands they pick the most annoying indie rock ever. Just once I'd like to see an iPod commercial in which everybody is headbanging to GWAR or something like that.

This Is Tuna With Bacon

Reply to topic

Jump to: