[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hawk Plays: LPs with SH

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jul 25 2009 06:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Something Awful, that's it, thank you!

I wondered the same thing, Spra. I like the bit I can find for free, but not enough to drop actual cash.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jul 25 2009 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well the theory is that it's to keep out the shitty posters, though you can view the forum without joining (save for the archive)

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jul 25 2009 08:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
Well the theory is that it's to keep out the shitty posters, though you can view the forum without joining (save for the archive)

It's also to make money for the site.

If you get banned, you can always make another account for another 10 bucks too.
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Jul 25 2009 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Optimist With Doubts wrote:

It's also to make money for the site.

Well that was implied I thought sir. But yeah I'm trying to defend it or anything I'm not a member. Oh and sorry for derailing your thread hawk

Greg the White
PostPosted: Jul 27 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Probably to keep out Spambots as well. Considering it's one of the most popular forums, it would otherwise be packed with bots.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Aug 04 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Still having youtube issues Ms Hawke?

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Aug 05 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, its the only reason I haven't had anything up. I actually have a few more eps finished. If this goes on I may upload them to another site, and just put em on youtube after shit gets figured out, but I want to give it a little longer.

This is annoying the ever loving shit out of me, for the record though. I didn't do anything differently, and now suddenly they don't want to upload?! Fuck that!

militarysignatures.com

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Aug 05 2009 06:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah youtube can be a pain sometimes, I have a motionmaker account on dailymotion which allows 20+ minute videos if you like i can upload there for you.

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Aug 05 2009 07:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I used to frequent Dailymotion all the time...

Also, great work so far Hawk, your vids got progressively better.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Aug 07 2009 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good news for those of you (and by "those of you" I of course mean the three people who care Wink ) who've been waiting for more Half-Life LP goodness: it seems like the upload problem I've been having it rectified! I have no idea how, why, or wtf happened, but I'm just happy it seems to be working now. You should have more HL LPs either tonight or tomorrow, depending on if I can drag my friends to GI Joe tonight or not Wink .

After this weekend updates will slow since I'll be busy as fuck down at the armory, but after that its free time until the 31st when school starts. Then god only knows, but I intend to have the game done by then. Of course, then there's HL 2...

militarysignatures.com

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 01:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

update yay

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 01:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hah, thanks Opti, beat me to it.

There's a definite video and audio downgrade in this one; its not horrible, but I had to re-encode my raw file as an mpeg4 to make it upload. Still watchable for sure, but not nearly as nice as the last one. I'm hoping I can get back to my old way of doing things by next vid. Enjoy.

EDIT: Since my old account got nuked, here's the new version of part 4:

militarysignatures.com

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 08:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

More up! Go me!

You'll notice quality is back to normal, phew. Apparently youtube only hates my Mass Effect videos now. I have no idea why. Oh well.

Also: probably mentioned this before, but I'm blogging on each video over at my wordpress account, http://soldierhawk.wordpress.com/ . Slightly more detailed thoughts on what's going on in the game, after I've had time to think about them, so its a little more in-depth and thoughtful and less off the cuff.

militarysignatures.com

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Aug 28 2009 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

oh i didn't notice this new video, i will check it out once i get back from shopping

TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Aug 29 2009 03:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, its odd being able to put a voice to one of the forum posters. Well, there is also syd, but that was syd doing a puppet voice.

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Aug 29 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RobotGumshoe wrote:
Wow, its odd being able to put a voice to one of the forum posters. Well, there is also syd, but that was syd doing a puppet voice.

eh hm, professor alex! And I agree is is weird to hear what how a forumer sounds/

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Aug 31 2009 05:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hope the voice doesn't scare y'all. Wink

Anyway, new one up. Includes what might be the single most retarded accidental death in the history of my video gaming career to date. I hope you people appreciate what I do for you.

militarysignatures.com

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Sep 04 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well guys, as I said in the other thread, my old YT account got nuked, along with all the videos on it. Luckily for me, I was smart enough to download them all yesterday--so glad I listened to that nagging little voice in my head, because I don't have any backups (the files are too damn big to keep on my comp).

Anyway, my YT channel has moved to http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierHawks . All my videos on the previous pages were nuked too, but I've replaced them with the versions I uploaded to this new account. Unfortunetly the video quality it a lot lower due to the quality hit it took from being reencoded twice, but c'est la vie.

If you were a subscriber to the old channel, I would really love having you back on the new one. And if you wanted to do me an extra-special favor, throw some views/ratings/comments my way on the new versions of the vidios. My channel was hardly Kikoskia or DeceasedCrabs, but I did have a least a tiny bit of momentum going and it sucks to have to rebuild because of some fucktards. So anything you'd be willing to do to help would be very, very much appreciated.

Sigh. Sad

EDIT: fucking hell. Part 5 somehow didn't get saved...I guess that one's gone for good. And it was one of my motherfucking favorites too. God damn these people.

militarysignatures.com

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Sep 04 2009 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Well guys, as I said in the other thread, my old YT account got nuked, along with all the videos on it. Luckily for me, I was smart enough to download them all yesterday--so glad I listened to that nagging little voice in my head, because I don't have any backups (the files are too damn big to keep on my comp).

Anyway, my YT channel has moved to http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierHawks . All my videos on the previous pages were nuked too, but I've replaced them with the versions I uploaded to this new account. Unfortunetly the video quality it a lot lower due to the quality hit it took from being reencoded twice, but c'est la vie.

If you were a subscriber to the old channel, I would really love having you back on the new one. And if you wanted to do me an extra-special favor, throw some views/ratings/comments my way on the new versions of the vidios. My channel was hardly Kikoskia or DeceasedCrabs, but I did have a least a tiny bit of momentum going and it sucks to have to rebuild because of some fucktards. So anything you'd be willing to do to help would be very, very much appreciated.

Sigh. Sad

EDIT: fucking hell. Part 5 somehow didn't get saved...I guess that one's gone for good. And it was one of my motherfucking favorites too. God damn these people.

YT may be the most convenient place to upload stuff but it is also the most frustrating. What are the details of you being kicked? Let me guess, some idiot cried 'copyright' wolf when they saw your mass effect videos.

Oh wait, did it have anything to do with the new and 'improved' formate of the channels yt has been pushing? Just curious.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Sep 04 2009 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, it had to do with a completely other channel I maintain actually--had to do with the music the figure skating videos I had uploaded had. See, the CW strikes are against *users* not channels. Since my email was linked to both, they both got nuked.

However, I haven't given up fighting yet. I've sent YT written notice of their bullshit, in very convincing legalize that a lawyer buddy helped me write. Here's hoping this will be fixed in the next month or two.

In the intrem, at least everyone can have fun reading my new wiki page:

http://history.sydlexia.com/index.php?title=SoldierHawk

militarysignatures.com

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Sep 04 2009 09:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
No, it had to do with a completely other channel I maintain actually--had to do with the music the figure skating videos I had uploaded had. See, the CW strikes are against *users* not channels. Since my email was linked to both, they both got nuked.

However, I haven't given up fighting yet. I've sent YT written notice of their bullshit, in very convincing legalize that a lawyer buddy helped me write. Here's hoping this will be fixed in the next month or two.

In the intrem, at least everyone can have fun reading my new wiki page:

http://history.sydlexia.com/index.php?title=SoldierHawk

Oh, well when you read my post in your other thread about the situation i may make references to the mass effect videos, my bad. To be honest though, i would not be surprised if you did get a strike for a minute video.

And I had a feeling that the accounts are depended on the email, that's why if i was ever to make a second backup channel i would use a separate email.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Sep 04 2009 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well maybe if you continue to get issues you can host elsewhere and post like trailers on the youtube page.

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Oct 02 2009 04:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT NEWS ladies and gents! After a FOREVER of emails and effort, success has been achiveved, and my YouTube accounts are BACK!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierHawke !!!!!!

Now the semi-bad news is that technically I still have two copyright strikes against them. However, I THINK that if I don't upload anything else (figure skating) related, I should be okay. And beyond that, I've started the same process I used to get my account back to get those strikes removed. So we'll see,

Look for more Let's Play: Half Life next week. (I'd do it this weekend, but I have Guard Drill, so that's not going to happen.)

militarysignatures.com

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Oct 15 2009 01:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

cool to hear your voice SH, nice vids

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Oct 15 2009 03:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ermac wrote:
cool to hear your voice SH, nice vids

Out! Out of my thread! Off with you! GO! Oh wow! You're Morgan Freeman!

militarysignatures.com

Reply to topic

Jump to: