7/7/2005

Promise fulfilled.

Filed under: Stuff — Syd Lexia @ 7:34 pm

As I promised here, the third consecutive NES Drinking Saga in as many days has made its triumphant debut on the Comics page. Ten SydLexia.com Fun Bucks will be awarded to anyone who can name the NES game I borrowed a sprite from. This one is a lot more obscure than Link To The Past.

DISCLAIMER: SydLexia.com Fun Bucks are not redeemable anywhere, especially SydLexia.com.

• Posted by Valdronius on July 8th, 2005 at 1:42 am

I’m gonna say Ninja Boy 2. I had Super Ninja Boy, and that game was freakin’ weird.

• Posted by S. McCracken on July 8th, 2005 at 11:51 am

One of the few games I owned. I remember the time you rented it and we spent the whole afternoon on the Nintendo Power 900 number. Your mom was NOT happy.

The game, of course, is Deja Vu.

• Posted by S. McCracken on July 8th, 2005 at 11:52 am

Speaking of your mom, can I spend my 10 Sydlexia bucks on HER?

If not, I’m using it to pay down my debt to you.

• Posted by Syd Lexia on July 8th, 2005 at 12:30 pm

The answer is indeed Deja Vu. Good memory. Unfortunately, the disclaimer still applies. Besides, my mom is worth at least 14 SydLexia.com Fun Bucks.

• Posted by S. McCracken on July 11th, 2005 at 1:35 pm

Well then, what CAN I use these “fun bucks” on?

• Posted by Tebor on July 15th, 2005 at 10:37 pm

DUDE, WE NEED AN UPDATE!

• Posted by Syd Lexia on July 16th, 2005 at 6:41 am

I know. I did throw up a random non-NES comic a couple days ago and I forgot to announce it. I really do hope to have the next article up by the end of Sunday. When it’s up, hopefully you’ll understand why it took so long. I had to do some fact-checking and log a lot of gameplay hours to get it done.

• Posted by Tebor on July 18th, 2005 at 2:13 am

It’s Monday at 1:11 in the morning. I want a refund of SydLexia.com Fun Bucks!!!

• Posted by Valdronius on July 18th, 2005 at 3:38 am

While we’re playing suggestion box, I’d like to point out that it’s high time some news was archived. In the drug-induced, heavily slurred words of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective in When Nature Calls: “Three [Months of News Articles] is too much.”

• Posted by Syd Lexia on July 19th, 2005 at 12:55 am

The front page is definitely in dire need of a reworking. I’ve been thinking about doing it for quite awhile, but I can’t decide how many articles should be on one page… Ten? Fifteen? I also really need to add some sort of navigation bar too.