7/5/2005

Kirby: The Return

Filed under: Stuff — Syd Lexia @ 5:28 pm

I have no idea how in the fuck this happened, but it’s been over a month since the last installment of the NES Drinking Saga. In order to remedy this situation, Part XII is now available for your reading pleasure on the Comics page. Enjoy.

• Posted by Tebor on July 6th, 2005 at 3:46 pm

YAY! Double issue, but why is Danny Boy featherly? I certainly hope Darth Vader left to make Darth Dew an offical drink.

• Posted by Syd Lexia on July 6th, 2005 at 7:14 pm

Isn’t a little late to start demanding that the comics make total sense? If you didn’t take issue with God being a fish head or Michelle Trachtenberg being Super Mario’s sister, then why can’t Dan Akroyd be a bluesy Furby?

• Posted by Valdronius on July 6th, 2005 at 7:32 pm

No Kirby! Don’t be fooled! Oz will just job to you, then you’ll go through the portal to the dark world where you’ll be trapped forever in the body of a stupid pink…, er…, you be kicked around cuz you’re a fat round…. Oh who cares? Take the damn portal.

• Posted by S. McCracken on July 7th, 2005 at 11:53 am

Haha…I totally forgot about Kevin Nash being “Oz”. Easily in the top 10 worst gimmicks ever.

Speaking of Kevin Nash (indirectly), I just remembered the time I watched a WCW Halloween Havoc when I was a kid that had a kick-ass “Chamber of Horrors” match with El Gigante, Sting, Rick & Scott Steiner vs. Abdullah the Butcher, The Diamond Stud, Cactus Jack, & Big Van Vader.

All of these people were big stars at the time except for one: the Diamond Stud, a haphazardly put-together walking gimmick who dressed like a cowboy with a rhinestone-studded leather ensemble and a stupid stetson hat.

Who is the Diamond Stud, right above “Oz” as one of the shittiest gimmicks ever? Scott Hall.

• Posted by Syd Lexia on July 7th, 2005 at 2:53 pm

Damn, I think vaguely remember that gimmick. Wasn’t Diamond Dallas Page his manager?

• Posted by S. McCracken on July 8th, 2005 at 11:32 am

I don’t think DDP would have put his reputation anywhere near a guy who sucked as much as Hall did back then.