SydLexia.com

8/13/2006

Happy Birthday, Fidel Castro!

Filed under: Stuff — Syd Lexia @ 7:40 pm

God loves Fidel Castro.

Fidel Castro, Cuba’s beloved president, turns 80 years old today. SydLexia.com wishes him renewed health, so that he may he live another 80. Castro, pictured above with his close friend Jesus, overthrew Cuba’s corrupt Batista government in 1959 and assumed power. He is the world’s longest reigning head of state and it would pretty awesome if he could extend his winning streak to 50 years.

On behalf of SydLexia.com, I would like to extend heartfelt birthday wishes to Mr. Castro as well as call for an immediate end to the morally unjust embargo that the United States has imposed against Cuba since 1962. Viva la revolución!

5 Comments

  • Posted by Tebor on August 14th, 2006 at 11:48 pm  

    The fountain of youth is in Cuba. :kirby:

  • Posted by Valdronius on August 15th, 2006 at 1:24 am  

    But if they get rid of the embargo, people won’t have to come to Canada to get Cuban cigars anymore. That’s like, 90% of our tourism.

  • Posted by Syd Lexia on August 15th, 2006 at 8:25 am  

    I’m pretty sure that people seeking Cuban cigars only constitute 80% of Canadian tourism. The other 20% of people who visit Canada are maple syrup and bacon enthusiasts.

  • Posted by DarkMaze on August 17th, 2006 at 4:30 pm  

    Am I the only one who goes there for bacon syrup?

  • Posted by Tebor on August 18th, 2006 at 5:33 am  

    Canada is great for filming Chicago… when I don’t want to shoot in the actual city.


Reply to this post

You must be logged in to post a comment.