Now it’s time for Fun With Search Engines, the weekly report I review some of the keywords that visitors to the site typed into search engines. This FWSE report is for the week of June 11th - June 17th. As always, these are all real searches.
1. kara borden pictures - Kara Borden became a hugely popular search last Wednesday when it was announced that David Ludwig had accepted a plea bargain and pled guilty to all the charges against him in order to avoid the death penalty. As a result, the number of hits to Kara and David Archive soared. I had forgotten I even made this page, but apparently others did not. The link made its way onto FARK.com and for the next 36 hours, I used up ridiculous amounts of bandwith. Luckily Dreamhost is quite generous with bandwith, so it’s not a problem.
2. super nakio brothers - I hate rom hacks. Oh, how I hate rom hacks. And I hate I-Mockery for exposing me to a rom hack with Big Bird’s giant penis in it.
3. fucked - OK, who the hell types in “fucked” by itself as a search? The answer is someone who was doing a video search on Yahoo! Japan. This is what they found.
4. regalsin - Like Candyman, saying his name gives him power over you. If he could form complete thought, he’d be the most dangerous man on the internet.
5. syd lexia - The site is the #1 result for “syd lexia” on MSN and Google. On Yahoo it is the #2 result behind my MySpace. Conclusion: Yahoo sucks. I don’t normally engage in ego searches, but this gave me an excuse to. And you know what I found? I’m quoted in someone’s signature on GameFAQs. How fucking cool is that?
6. cartoon cat who had a cane and cat friends - Riff Raff. He was from Heathcliff.
7. Magica De Spell fucking - DAMMIT. Is there any cartoon character that internet retards DON’T want to see naked? Oh well, at least it wasn’t a search for Webby or Mrs. Beakley.
This concludes Fun With Search Engines #72. Now go read a book. Even better, watch a movie based on a book. Better yet, read the novelization of a movie that was based on a book. That, or you could just read my Logo article.
Reply to this post
You must be logged in to post a comment.