8/16/2005

Old School Syd Lexia

Filed under: Stuff — Syd Lexia @ 11:54 am

I was going through some boxes of old papers earlier and I found a fake ad booklet I made for no apparent reason back in 1996. It was called The Psycho Pages and as you can see, it has sustained some water damage. I think it’s still kind of funny, so I may scan and restore the entire booklet for your viewing pleasure. It wouldn’t take too much effort since it’s only 10-12 pages long. Below are scans of two of the pages, click on either one to see a larger version of it.

As you can see, my sense of humor has evolved greatly since then. It has become far more subtle and complex. OK, so it really hasn’t. But I swear more.

• Posted by Tebor on August 17th, 2005 at 3:14 am

Very creative… OOOOooooo SMILEYS!!!!! :oops: :razz: :wink: :cry: :lol: :!: :?:

If only you had Photoshop back then for those ads. I love the militia one. Thanks for scan and posting them!!! :mrgreen:

• Posted by Tebor on August 17th, 2005 at 3:20 am

Hey man, I was cruising your wonderful MySpace and saw the lack of movie reviews. This got me to remembering a certain poll you conducted awhile ago. So what happened to the reviews of:
    Suburban Commando (1991)
    Cobra (1986)
    Demolition Man (1993)
    Escape From New York (1981)
    Raw Deal (1986)
    Stay Tuned (1992)
    Scanners (1981)
    Labyrinth (1986)
    Encino Man (1992)

I demand a review of each of these by the end of the year. :twisted:

That, or a new poll.

• Posted by Syd Lexia on August 17th, 2005 at 6:13 am

Ah yes, the ill-fated movie poll. What happened with that is that one of my friends, one who hasn’t posted here in at least 2 months, exploited a basic flaw in the free poll code and voted for Demolition Man about 85 times. After that, I quietly took the link to the poll off the main page since I couldn’t get an objective result anymore. It seems that Ballot-Box.net fucking deleted the results due to account inactivity, so I can’t prove it to you.

• Posted by Tebor on August 17th, 2005 at 2:06 pm

:cry: :shock:

Guess we just need a review of all of them. Or at least half of them. Maybe every other article can be a review?

• Posted by flowerchild on August 17th, 2005 at 3:25 pm

oooh, i remember demolition man…it had stallone in it, and sandra bullock. Like, when it came out i was young so i took mild interest in its action/adventure scenes…but now i realize that it was just stupid. Labyrinth wasn’t AWFUL! well, i haven’t seen it for a while, but from what i could remember it was okaaaaay. :???:
    My favorite childhood movies were definitely Splash and…Big. I also liked Don’t Tell mom the Babysitter’s dead.

Syd, thats such an adorable little book… what a precocious boy you were! :razz:

• Posted by flowerchild on August 17th, 2005 at 3:37 pm

… By the way, how late are you all online? Syd and Tebor my lovelies, i’ve noticed that you guys post at like 2 in the morning, aren’t you tired? By that time i’m like deep in REM sleep drooling on my pillowcase. I keep forgetting that school is derailing my plans for midnight/early morning fun, so i just find it unfair that the rotating world around me gets to stay awake without consequences (in school, work, ect.)

• Posted by flowerchild on August 17th, 2005 at 3:47 pm

i’m sorry to sound stupid (if this is stupid) but the word tebor, i heard that name today whilst i was deep in my studies and i don’t know what it is. SOMEBODY said it while i was reading about unsuccessful historectomies due to TSS in the library. Tebor. I looked it up in the dictionary and it wasn’t there but i didn’t continue the search so i thought i’d ask you… it sounds like a technology device or perhaps is it from a video game? i put it in the search engine but nothing came up *blushes* i feel like a fucktard now.

• Posted by Syd Lexia on August 17th, 2005 at 4:09 pm

Aside from perhaps Cobra, none of those movies are absolutely terrible. “These are all fucking horrible! ANY other movie would be better than one of these!” was just thrown in there as an option for anyone who didn’t like any of those movies.

Demolition Man is actually a pretty clever movie. There’s the typical action stuff going on there, but beneath that you’ve got some competent social commentary. And Labyrinth kicks ass.

I generally not up too, too late if I can help. I usually have to work at 7 AM, so I’m almost always asleep by 1 AM. I’m not 100% sure on this, but I think all posting times are in Eastern Standard Time and Tebor is in the Central time zone, so you need to subtract one hour from all his posting times.

• Posted by flowerchild on August 17th, 2005 at 5:13 pm

lmfao, alright so i’ll assume he posts at 3 in the morning instead of 4…
    holy shit, wasn’t wesley snipes in demolition man? Oh my lord, i forgot all about that…
    labyrinth had some odd ass fragglerock looking creatures in it (which, mind you i had the theme song stuck in my head all of yesterday evening… do you remember fragglerock?)
    Dance your cares away! worries for another day! Let the music play, down at fraggle rock!Work your cares away! Dancing’s for another day, let the fraggles play… (this is the part like where they list the names of the dudes, but i forgot :eek: )
    *excitedly lights a cig*
    …only cool kids watched that show.

• Posted by Tebor on August 17th, 2005 at 6:33 pm

Wow, when did I get popular? :shock:

I go to bed around 4-5 a.m. Central time. I’ve discovered a time portal in my life that states that all time from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. is in hyperdrive. What feels like half an hour is really 3 hours. Nothing better than checking this site for an update at such time! :grin:

Ah, the name “Tebor”. Despite popular belief, it is not a Simpsons reference to a character who Homer blamed for his troubles in one old episode (”Tibor” ;) . It might even be some technology term or device, but I don’t know it. The name originates from my own name BACKWARDS and minus an “R” because I’m cool. It became my nickname in 5th grade for some reason and some kid name Erik Maki started calling everyone by their name backwards for a week. Mine stuck, so I made it my internet handle. Yep, no, philosphoical teachings or meaning. Just vainity. My favorite sin. :twisted:

• Posted by flowerchild on August 17th, 2005 at 8:30 pm

heheheh! niiiice. I love nicknames but i never really had a “cool” one. My mother calls me gravels (sounds like grayvels, not like gravel that you put in a fish tank or garden display) and my boss calls me simonita. i don’t know why. I just had stupid ass nicknames for my whole life.
    oh god, I never realized how descriptive the show NIP TUCK really is. this episode is about a menstruating eight year old. intriguing… :???: :shock:

• Posted by Tebor on August 18th, 2005 at 12:26 am

:!:

• Posted by Tuckster on August 18th, 2005 at 11:25 am

My favourite part is the ‘unidentifiable weapons’, some of which are completely and utterly identifiable, and some of which, like that octopus thing, look like they come out of Startropics. Man, I wish I had one o’ those octopus weapons. They look wicked.

• Posted by Tuckster on August 18th, 2005 at 11:58 am

Oh, and check out Badass Raffi’s Banana Phone: http://badraffi.ytmnd.com/. Turn your sound on!

• Posted by flowerchild on August 18th, 2005 at 2:33 pm

:eek:

• Posted by cybersst on August 18th, 2005 at 4:45 pm

Reset the clock

• Posted by Syd Lexia on August 18th, 2005 at 4:49 pm

Well at this point, I’d have to actually remake the poll. Honestly, it didn’t really matter. Demolition Man and Labyrinth were the frontrunners and those are the two I was most likely to do anyway.

• Posted by Syd Lexia on August 19th, 2005 at 4:26 pm

What does YTMND stand for? I’ve seen a bunch of them and I’ve never figured it out…

• Posted by flowerchild on August 19th, 2005 at 6:25 pm

I’ve never seen it before. i just recently (meaning in the past 6 months) realized what rotf is. I felt like a fucktard when somebody had the decency to tell me what it meant. :-)

• Posted by Tebor on August 21st, 2005 at 1:02 am

I didn’t know what an “emo kid” was until yesterday.

• Posted by Valdronius on August 21st, 2005 at 3:29 am

I don’t know how to use the three shells… guess I’ll have to wipe my ass with my Sydlexia fun bucks.

• Posted by Tebor on August 21st, 2005 at 4:52 am