8/15/2005

Almost True.

Filed under: Stuff — Syd Lexia @ 6:16 pm

A new comic is up featuring my barely fictitious exploits during a recent tax holiday. If you didn’t already click the link above, you can find it on the Comics page.

• Posted by flowerchild on August 15th, 2005 at 10:08 pm

You have a very artistic mind from what i can see from your website. Tax holiday fuckin sucked for me. If i were to create a comic from my experience this past year… well, it would be tragic.

• Posted by Tebor on August 16th, 2005 at 3:03 am

Holy crap, that box really did CRUSH YOU!!!!!?????

• Posted by Valdronius on August 16th, 2005 at 3:55 am

Tax holiday eh? Tell me more. Is this a holiday from taxes? Or is it a holday you get because you pay taxes? I am intrigued.
    The only holidays around here are the ones you win, like in ski-doo races, igloo decorating contests, and three-legged snowshoe marathons.

• Posted by Syd Lexia on August 16th, 2005 at 6:10 am

It’s a holiday *from* taxes. A tax holiday is a weekend where sales tax is waived. Other taxes such as restaurant tax and bottle deposits still apply.

• Posted by flowerchild on August 16th, 2005 at 2:33 pm

:roll: okay, i work at American Eagle outfitters and the whole fuckin week was a tax holiday (i know its like that here in florida but i’m not sure if other states do the same) anyway, its for the whole week for, you know, back to school. The whole mall was congested with disgusting shoppers trying to beat each other to the stores… it was like a scene from the 80s nightly news where people got in fights over cabbage patch dolls while christmas shopping. You wouldn’t believe the moods people got in for the no tax week. i wanted to shoot myself. I’ve never seen a mall so busy, not even the day after christmas.

• Posted by S. McCracken on August 17th, 2005 at 7:08 pm

I just don’t get the fascination with the DS. I mean, how does using a stylus even come close to using the actual buttons? To me it seems like more of a hassle, even if there are more styli (sp?) in the back of the machine. I’d rather just wait for the GB Micro to come out next month. :cool:

• Posted by Syd Lexia on August 17th, 2005 at 7:24 pm

Even without the stylus, the dual screens are still pretty sweet. I’m not sure, but I don’t think Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory uses the stylus at all. Conversely, there are games such as Kirby Canvas Curse that are played entirely with stylus. Canvas Curse is the only DS game I have right now and it actually is really fun. But yeah, the micro looks pretty sweet.

• Posted by S. McCracken on August 18th, 2005 at 11:05 am

Your mom’s pretty sweet.

Yeah, that’s how I roll. :cool:

• Posted by cybersst on August 18th, 2005 at 4:50 pm

If I went into EBgames during our Tax Holiday and tried to get a game tax-free, they would laugh at me.
    During out Hurricane Tax holiday, my wife bought 4 fans that take 8 D BATTERIES each. Horrible.