SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
(Un)OFFICIAL MMA DISCUSSION THREAD

Reply to topic
phantasmzombie
PostPosted: Feb 06 2011 06:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really wanted Vitor to win, felt like crying after it was over. I like how he later went on to say that he learned that kick from Steven Seagal. What do you make of all these idiots excited about the GSP/Silva superfight? Seriously, does anyone here think the 170 lbs champ is going to beat the (should be fighting at 205 lbs) 185 lbs champ. Its absurd.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 06 2011 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's extremely absurd. But I'm not gonna pick a side, I've been proved wrong way too many times in these fights.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Feb 07 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

GSP is ridiculous and Silva is only getting older. That fight is the only one I am interested in so when it finally comes I'll finally buy a UFC fight again. Oh and it better not end in the first round in which 2 minutes is spent going around in circles.

phantasmzombie
PostPosted: Feb 07 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's just how most Vitor fights start, he was sizing him up, did the same thing to Franklin before knocking him out. Just too bad he got caught so early, hope he gets someone like Michael Bisbing next so he can get a change to show his skills. Hopefully, he won't take another 15 month vacation in between fights.

I'm glad Jones is going to get the title shot, though they should have had a interim by now. Last time that title was defended was May 8th, 2009, seriously??
eddieh4444
Title: Doctor of Science
PostPosted: Feb 14 2011 04:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Man, watching Vitor get beat was terrible and then this weekend Fedor loses, terrible month for MMA (for me anyway) so far. I hope Vitor is able to make another run at the title and I hope Fedor follows through on his retirement plans. Fedor really is an amazing fighter for fighting bigger guys his entire career and wrecking them for so long but I think he may have lost a step or two speed/athleticism wise and I don't want to see him tarnish his legacy. He might have a few good wins left in him if he finds a good camp to train with but he's already done so much and fought for so long that it would suck to see him lose anymore fights.

I would agree that Anderson would smash GSP but it's actually a poor style match up on Anderson's end. If Chael Sonnen can beat up on him like he did for 4 and a half rounds, I don't see why GSP couldn't. Especially if GSP got a warm-up fight or 2 at 185 and was able to put on some size.

As for Jones vs. Shogun, I'm really pulling for Shogun and I'll probably put some money on him because he's a pretty big betting underdog. Jones is really good but he's never fought anyone with the striking, submissions, or sweeps of Shogun and I don't think he's gonna be able to handle him.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 14 2011 08:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

In my martial arts class we 50% of the time doing traditional arts and then about 50% on street fighting defense. On front kicks that division ends up being mostly heel kicks for traditional and mostly lower snap kicks or scoop kicks for street.

My instructor was so excited about this kick though that we just spent a week working on a ball kick. I know we'll fall back into the regular routine soon, but I just thought it is funny. It is an amazingly well placed kick.

phantasmzombie
PostPosted: Feb 14 2011 01:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yea shame about Fedor, I had him winning the whole tournament. He should have just took the big payday and ended his career in the UFC, but now that option isn't even on the table. I blame M-1.

As far as Silva & GSP, GSP has to get by Jake Shields first, and thats not going to be easy, dudes on a 15 fight win streak. I wouldn't be surprised if Shields straight up beasts GSP like he did Dan Henderson, and the last 20 guys he fought.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 04 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

that was a close fight, but i think diego had won it. even if his face looked like Baghdad afterwards

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

phantasmzombie
PostPosted: Mar 12 2011 05:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22807/ufc-purchases-strikeforce.mma

Wow, the UFC just purchased Strikeforce!
Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Mar 12 2011 06:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

phantasmzombie wrote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22807/ufc-purchases-strikeforce.mma

Wow, the UFC just purchased Strikeforce!

I don't know how I feel about that to be honest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

phantasmzombie
PostPosted: Apr 09 2011 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Strikeforce is on tonight on Showtime. I'd really like to see Paul Daley knock out Nick Diaz. Other bouts include Gegard Mousasi vs. Keith Jardine, Gilbert Melendez Vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri.
eddieh4444
PostPosted: May 27 2011 08:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UFC 130 is tomorrow. I hope Hamill can pull out a win over Rampage but I don't know if he has the stand up skills to avoid getting put down. I like Mir and Nelson but I'm hoping for Roy to win - I think Frank will win by either decision or (t)ko though. I like Stefan Struve and I think he's gonna win. Story v. Alves and Stann v. Santiago should both be good stand up fights.
eddieh4444
PostPosted: Aug 01 2011 06:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, sucks that Fedor lost. I kind of hope he retires even though I could see him beating a lot heavyweights in Strikeforce still. Whatever he does, I hope he does well. I'm glad Henderson is doing well though and I hope he gets a few more big money fights before he retires and gets a shot at either Jones or Anderson.

Next weekend is UFC 133. I'm thinking of doing a parlay on Vitor and Gustafsson. It pays even money and I just don't see either one of them losing their fights.
King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Aug 09 2011 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't say that I am overaly disappointed in Fedor losing, but I am also a HUGE Hendo fan, and I was a Fedor fan back in Pride days, but much of his unbeaten streak was not against the top competition in the world. I also think that had he changed his training methods years earlier, and cut to fight at 205 I think he could still be a great fighter now. That I think is a big difference between Fedor and Hendo, both were greats in Pride, but where as Hendo has evolved with the sport a bit, Fedor has not, at least not as much as he needed to.

Side note, I think he sucks balls that not only Alistair Overeem was cut from Strikeforce (Zuffa) but that all of the Golden Glory fighter were released. It reeks of the same thing that happened with Jon Fitch and AKA back in the day when he refused to be in the UFC game. I hope he comes back.

Second side note, I hope that Eddie Alvarez makes his way into the UFC, great fighter from my home state,

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Aug 10 2011 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sexy Yama took an ass beating I never saw coming. I loved that G-String man got beat, and Pimples looked really good. Isn't he like 19? Also it looked like Tito got his chest caved in by that knee from Evans

King
PostPosted: Aug 10 2011 06:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sexiyama getting an ass beating check
Hallman getting his less then a speedo wearing ass beat, and Ebersole getting a $70,000.00 bonus for doing so check
Tito's chest caving in 2 feet from Rashad's knee double check

I think the fact that Dennis Hallman's banana hammock said training mask on the crotch was seriously disturbing.

username
PostPosted: Aug 27 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

anderson silva is a beast. too bad he is getting to be a bit arrogant in the ring.

Klimbatize wrote:

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 02:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
anderson silva is a beast. too bad he is getting to be a bit arrogant in the ring.

Yeah, he got really cocky.

Dropping your hands and letting someone just hit you? One day that's going to bite him in the ass, but he did the same thing when he fought Forest Griffin. Speaking of which, as much as I love Forest, I think its time for him to throw in the towel and go back to writing books. He looked like shit tonight.
King
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 03:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I love Forrest but I agree he was out of step and was following a terrible game plan in wanting to stand and bang with Rua.

Silva definetly decimated and avenged his previous loss, but I also agree that I hate to see useless showboating, but with Sonnen being the only one to make him pay for any of this, and still losing with Silva being able to weather that storm and slip in a win out of nowhere via submission, I think it will either be a conscious decision on his part, his trainers, or finally another fighter making him pay for such actions, I fear it may not end any time soon

username
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 01:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunately, Silva is too quick to get caught when he puts his arms down. did you guys see how fast he counter punched? man, that dood is quick/sick.

Klimbatize wrote:

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 01:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see someone throw the kick he threw at Vitor when he drops his hands like that. Granted, it'd take someone fast as hell to pull it off, and I don't think anyone at 185 has that speed.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

King
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 01:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder, though I am thinking Silva would win this as well, most likely by decision or possibly submission, but how Hendo would fair against Silva, seeing as he is able to bounce around weight classes fairly easily, I think it would have the potential for an entertaining fight to say the least

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 02:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

King wrote:
I wonder, though I am thinking Silva would win this as well, most likely by decision or possibly submission, but how Hendo would fair against Silva, seeing as he is able to bounce around weight classes fairly easily, I think it would have the potential for an entertaining fight to say the least

They fought a few years ago. Hendo lost by RNC, but was doing decently up until then. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it again.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

King
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see Zuffa work out a deal with Alistair Overeem to bring him into the UFC, as good as the heavyweight division is now, with Brock still out due to illness, and Carwin fading in his last fights, they could use to bolster that division again, Also, I would understand if they didn't let him, but I would like if they would let him continue to fight in K-1 Grand Prix Tournaments, I wanna see him beat Badr Hari if possible

JRA
PostPosted: Sep 04 2011 01:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
Sexy Yama

I image googled him just to see what he looked like, and 90% of the pictures were of this asian prostitute.

Carry on.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Reply to topic

Jump to: