SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Did i end up getting the first in a series, just came out?

Reply to topic
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: May 21 2009 08:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Batman - Two-Face and Scarecrow Year One"

http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=23774

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Two-Face-Scarecrow-Year-One/dp/1401222463

I'm a huge fan of both the Scarecrow and Two-Face, so when i saw this "Origin Story" on the shelf i just had to get it. I haven't read it yet but i became curious, wondering if it will be the first of many Villain origin stories. I can find little information on this GN, but what i have found implies that it just came out . . . this month! That would explain why i have not come acrossed any info on it.

If anyone knows anything about whether this is going to be an on going series featuring other batman villains, please let me know.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: May 29 2009 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was never much of a fan of the Scarecrow, Two Face is much more badass however.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Cattivo
PostPosted: May 29 2009 03:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've always liked Scarecrow, but Cillian Murphy made me really love the character.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 29 2009 06:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
I've always liked Scarecrow, but Cillian Murphy made me really love the character.

Ditto. Well not ditto actually--I was quite meh on Scarecrow, until Murphy turned the awesomeness level of the character up to 11. God I want him to be in the next movie. And this time, more than a cameo please.

Ahem. On topic, that looks really, really awesome. be sure to post your thoughts after your read it!

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: May 29 2009 08:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:

Ahem. On topic, that looks really, really awesome. be sure to post your thoughts after your read it!

I've read the half with the Scarecrows origin and i have to say, on it's own, it is a good read. It demonstrates how scarecrow's up bring was a key perversion into madness. The interesting part of the execution of this story is that he seems very sane and is more or less out for revenge against those who have wronged him.

While i love the Jeph Loeb's story lines (Long Halloween, Hush), the only dialog Scarecrow really had was singing nursery rhymes. In this story line he's given a lot more dialog and the artist's interpretation of both Crane and Scarecrow are refreshing, and i like the drawing of Crane himself, reminded me of the 1990s Animated Series.

All and all the Scarecrow part of the GN is a pretty good read. I have yet to read the Two-Face story though but i'll keep you post on that.

ImageImageImage

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: May 30 2009 03:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
SoldierHawk wrote:

I've read the half with the Scarecrows origin and i have to say, on it's own, it is a good read. It demonstrates how scarecrow's up bring was a key perversion into madness. The interesting part of the execution of this story is that he seems very sane and is more or less out for revenge against those who have wronged him.

While i love the Jeph Loeb's story lines (Long Halloween, Hush), the only dialog Scarecrow really had was singing nursery rhymes. In this story line he's given a lot more dialog and the artist's interpretation of both Crane and Scarecrow are refreshing, and i like the drawing of Crane himself, reminded me of the 1990s Animated Series.

All and all the Scarecrow part of the GN is a pretty good read. I have yet to read the Two-Face story though but i'll keep you post on that.

I just finished the Two-Face Half of the comic. While i still think "Long Halloween" is the best story of Dents conversion to Two-Face, this one goes a little more in depth and has many nods to previous source material. I'd say check them out, they are both interesting takes on two classic batman villains.

ImageImageImage

Reply to topic

Jump to: