SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE / NBA Playoffs Pepsi Center Scheduling Conflict

Reply to topic
IceWarm
PostPosted: May 19 2009 04:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I loved how McMahon said "World Wrestling Federation." However this is big news in my state. I have no idea how they can work it out. My suggestion might be to have the basketball game in the middle to late morning and then the WWE show at night. However it takes a long time to set up an arena for one of these WWE events.

One radio DJ this morning suggested they have the basketball game be a half court game and have wrestling on the other half of the court.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 19 2009 05:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's awesome that Jonathan Coachman is covering this story.

Vince has had the date booked since August 2008, so the arena should be his.

Vince has also said he'll hold RAW in a parking lot if necessary. That would be awesome. I'm not a huge Vince fan, but he's 100% right in this situation.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: May 19 2009 05:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

An outside RAW in a parking lot would be pretty awesome, it would be perfect for them to bring back the hardcare championship.

IceWarm
PostPosted: May 19 2009 06:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I mean if it was booked since August it should be theirs. But it looks like things fell through the cracks and when Denver got into the playoffs they forgot they had booked it already. I do like the option that he should fight the owner of the arena in a cage match. I'm sure something will be worked out but I love how Vince keeps playing along with it. Hell its free advertising for the WWE.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: May 19 2009 06:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

in other news, McMahon has challenged Kronke to a steel cage match

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 19 2009 07:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, the WWE has just booked over 100 hotel rooms in Colorado Springs for the weekend, so it seems that Raw most likely will be held in the World Arena in Colorado Springs.

Though, both Madison Square Garden and the Los Angeles's Staples Center have offered thier spaces to the WWE for Monday. However, since over 10,000 tickets have been sold in Denver, neither of those would be very likely.
Reply to topic

Jump to: