"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Boast about your random video game achievements here

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 13 2017 01:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Final Fantasy XV was responsible for my first platinum PSN trophy. I haven't played any of the DLC Episodes.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Dec 07 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got 1CC on Twinkle Star Sprites on the hardest difficulty. Am I good at this game yet?

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 07 2017 03:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Good enough to not die until the final stage on said difficulty.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Dec 23 2017 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beating Hyper Light Drifter on Hard mode.
It was a little though...

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

jprime
PostPosted: Feb 10 2018 01:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Last night, I beat Konami's Mission: Impossible for the first time in a decade, marking my third time overall. All I had to do to not trigger the apocalypse was not move the marker when playing Madelinette against the computer.
jprime
PostPosted: Feb 14 2018 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got all the items in Super Metroid. Mastered the wall jump, too; nothing to it, really.
jprime
PostPosted: Mar 30 2018 04:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Meant to write about this earlier, but it slipped my mind: I've recently started my biggest binge in seven years, The Legend Of Zelda, and it's entailed doing a lot of things differently, not least of which being the completion of the original game's second quest.

I'm now working on Zelda II, and currently have both my Life and Magic maxed out both container- and level-wise, as well as my Attack in regards to the latter, plus all spells and items and--I shit thee not--none of the crystals in place. The only boss I've fought so far is the first mounted Ironknuckle in the Three-Eye Rock Palace, and that's only because he stood between me and the Cross. And why? Because there was nothing the game could do to stop me.

EDIT: Now I've finished it, unexpectedly conquering all the Palaces in a single campaign, exploring every chamber of every Palace, up to and very much including the Great Palace. I didn't even need the 1up dolls found on the map. Yes, the big-budget sequel to the Final Fantasy binge of '11 is definitely in full swing.
jprime
PostPosted: Apr 18 2018 09:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Five down, eleven to go. Since my last post here, I've totally cleared A Link To The Past, Link's Awakening and--just today--Ocarina Of Time.
jprime
PostPosted: Apr 29 2018 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Majora's Mask, realizing that, in this case, the accent goes on the first syllable before starting. I actually could've done it last night, but I decided that this game's defeat had to be the ultimate defeat, in a timeline where the swamp is clean, the mountain is warm, the ocean is clear and the canyon is 100% undead-free. Once that was accomplished, I bought and drank a Chateau Romani, waited till midnight on the Final Day, stopped the moon (again), got the Fierce Deity's Mask (also again) and just RAPED Majora in all his forms, making sure to destroy the temple boss remains in the correct order, in which the game failed to present them properly, putting those of Goht and Gyorg in each other's places.

Now, this game presented a conundrum: Once you've slapped a menacing face on some hapless world's moon and chucked the bastard at it, where do you go from there? How do you even hope to follow up something like that, especially when it hasn't even been a year? I'll find out tomorrow as I get into the Oracle games, starting with Seasons leading into Ages before I do it the other way.
jprime
PostPosted: Jun 22 2018 02:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't anticipate that the Oracle games would take up such a significant portion of this binge. I wound up spending more time on these two games than the six that came before them! To keep it simple, I only counted each game as the beginnings of their respective versions of events. Same principle as Resident Evil 2, actually, which isn't surprising, considering Capcom developed them. Adjusted for scale:

Oracle Of Seasons -> Oracle Of Ages = Leon A/Claire B
Oracle Of Ages -> Oracle Of Seasons = Claire A/Leon B

Long story short, I did the games both ways and am now, gamewise at least, halfway through my biggest binge in seven years. The second half starts today with The Wind Waker.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 22 2018 11:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I been actually playing games off my steam library... I have about 500 games I think and I been randomly choosing a game here & there... the one I spent the most time with so far has been borderlands... about halfway through borderlands 2 and booting up the pre sequel after I finish (giggity) that one

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jun 26 2018 10:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got the master angler achievement from fishing in Elder Scrolls Online last Friday. I don't know why I decided to do it and it took many months.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jun 29 2018 12:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Finally getting around to playing Resident Evil 7. Honestly, I feel like it's one of the best games in the series after the REmake and maybe RE3. I feel like it kind of loses steam when you get to the ship but the first 2/3rds or so of the game are incredibly tense. Super stoked for the RE2 remake, too.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jul 01 2018 05:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got a 289m sniper kill in Fortnite. Yes, I play it, and proud.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 01 2018 10:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lol you fucking stupid immature pussy.

Friend me, let's play ASAP.

jprime
PostPosted: Jul 03 2018 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've finished the 100th day of my Legend Of Zelda Binge, which was where my Final Fantasy binge ended seven years ago. Still got a ways to go here, but now I can solve 4X4 sliding puzzles like a motherfucker.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Jul 03 2018 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:

Bruh....

I'll hit you up on FB.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 04 2018 04:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

Bruh....

I'll hit you up on FB.

I haven't played this yet but I been looking for people to help me introduce the mechanics of the game... I can play it on PS4 and steam

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Jul 05 2018 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
I haven't played this yet but I been looking for people to help me introduce the mechanics of the game... I can play it on PS4 and steam

I only started in May, so I'm no expert (I'm below average in the game actually, never did play many shooting games), but the best way to learn is to play. Right now they have a Playground mode where you can explore the map and build with no threat of being shot (well except by any friends you go into the map with, but there are unlimited respawns unlike the normal modes). I'm down to show you a few things. I play on PS4. ID: BlingBlingDBunny. Add me.

I think I've talked sideway into playing it, too! :O He loves dem free games...

jprime
PostPosted: Jul 17 2018 08:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finished The Wind Waker. I've watched a video of the differences in the second quest (Aryll and Link's clothes, Deluxe Picto Box from the start, translated ancient Hylian), and have concluded that it's not enough to warrant a second playthrough like the original did.

I'll be starting The Minish Cap tomorrow, and from it through A Link Between Worlds, I've only beaten them once each in the past, so it'll be interesting to see what I do differently from before.

Also, a little gripe regarding the Sages, and it's not the fact that Medli is the Earth Sage and Makar is the Wind Sage and not the other way around: There's no way to get them both aboard the King Of Red Lions at the same time, despite the fact that neither would be in the other's way. Were it not for this oversight, I could've done both Temples concurrently.
Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Aug 03 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Before Polyphony Digital shut off the servers for Gran Turismo 6 to force people to move to their new game... Evil

...I managed to get in the top 25 of one of the online races. Usually I end up in the low-mid hundreds.

Of course, that only lasted a day, then I was back above 50. Laughing

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

jprime
PostPosted: Sep 01 2018 01:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's the first day of Late 2018 and I'm now 75% of the way through my biggest binge ever. Since my last post in this thread, I've gone through The Minish Cap, Twilight Princess and (just tonight) Phantom Hourglass. The fourth quarter starts today with Spirit Tracks.
jprime
PostPosted: Oct 14 2018 03:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

After four solid weeks, I finished Skyward Sword. I'm now one game away (A Link Between Worlds) from Breath Of The Wild. Incidentally, Wednesday was my 200th day at this binge.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Oct 14 2018 06:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beaten Mario Odyssee, inculding the secret ander super-hard Darker Side of the Moon.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

jprime
PostPosted: Dec 20 2018 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I finally completed The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and, with it, my Biggest Binge Ever. Not counting the time I took today to add the DLC, the whole thing clocked in at 270 days from March 25 to December 19, 2018.
Reply to topic

Jump to: