[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Boast about your random video game achievements here

Reply to topic
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Oct 22 2012 08:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Skinr wrote:
FINALLY got through the freaking mine cart stage on Donkey Kong Country. Now to get through Stop & Go Station...

Just walk through the entrance of the level.

That's a shortcut in the "Stop and Go Station", that takes you near to the end of the stage.
In the Minecart level it's a different path. Right at the beginning you have to jump over the ledge and slide along the wall downwards. There is a barrel that will shoot you to the middle of the stage.

On topic. I have done a 2 continue run on Castle of Shikigami 2. I'm trying to go down to 1 continue and than to a perfect "No lives, No bombs"-Run. I also nearly used no bombs on the 2 continue run.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Cactus
PostPosted: Oct 22 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of doing a run of Final Fantasy 7 without participating in random battles. I did something similar a few years ago, but I would steal stuff/ learn enemy skills before running and it was too easy.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 22 2012 06:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beat Lone Survivor twice and got two very, very different endings. One of the best survival horror games I've ever played.

Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: Oct 22 2012 08:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got to Level 12 in Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II. Only 188 more to go... Crying

Oh well, at least it's a fun game, unlike Phantasy Star Universe.

Cameron
PostPosted: Oct 23 2012 02:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I beat Heroes of the Lance on NES. It's a profoundly frustrating game and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Cactus
PostPosted: Oct 24 2012 09:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to go ahead with my boss-only run of FFVII, just beat Materia Keeper at level 14 Cool

UPDATE: Demons Gate down at level 18 Cool
Skinr
PostPosted: Oct 28 2012 06:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
I beat Heroes of the Lance on NES. It's a profoundly frustrating game and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

What a lazy ending! Talk about Divine Intervention.

*rimshot*

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 04:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beat the Halloween Mann Vs. Machine nightmare map tonight after three nights in a row of trying. Crazy thing is we did it with no engy. Plus two of our team were a demoknight using Persian Persuader and a medic using only the syringe gun. Damn near lost on the last tank but a lucky last second Scorch Shot from me destroyed it before the swarm of crits brought me down.

No achievement or special hat though which is sad. That was a brutal wave, which is why it is called Wave 666 I guess.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 06:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed the other day that Drew Linky (or maybe DeroMan, since I think they both play on the same profile) has beaten Limbo with no deaths, hence a 111% completion rate.

Very nicely done!
[SPOILER:cf0dc6e93f][/SPOILER:cf0dc6e93f]
JRA
PostPosted: Nov 05 2012 02:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beat Magna Centipede first in Mega Man X2 with no items.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

dimentiorules
PostPosted: Nov 06 2012 09:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've gotten a perfect in every single mini game in Rythymn Heaven fever. That game can be really hard at times, and it took me a while to do it.
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 07 2012 09:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Completed Link's Awakening DX without taking a hit Smile
In 17 segments

I'll at least post the final one here :

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 08 2012 08:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh! I look forward to watching those.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 29 2012 04:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Today is a historic day, my friends. We have now fully discovered how to get through any wall in Twisted Metal. We can get in any building and outside any stage where we are free to drive around and shoot the fuck out of any sucker who dared to join our room. We can even target people through walls so there is no escaping any weapon that has any homing capability. The best part is that they can't target us at all since we are behind the level's invisible barrier, even if they are directly in front of us. Up until a few days ago, we had not played for the last 3 months or so but once people find us again, they are in store for a whole new bag of tricks. Nothing can stop us now.

Nobody got Twisted Metal for Christmas? Sad

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Dec 29 2012 02:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:

It also seems to be the shortest NES game i have ever seen. Here is a guy beating the game in under 7 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNR4bWvnM6o

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 29 2012 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It also seems to be the shortest NES game i have ever seen. Here is a guy beating the game in under 7 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNR4bWvnM6o

It really is if you run away from everything. And if you use a walkthrough. Which I did neither because I clearly enjoyed this game. Razz

On another note, that "sequel" was never released in the US, though it was released in Japan. I played a ROM of it a while back, and it's actually substantially better than the first game; it's got actual RPG aspects to it, and the controls are vastly improved.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 31 2012 06:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

D-D-D-DOUBLE POST

I managed to beat Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, finally. My final save clocked in at 72 hours, and I managed to get (I think) the mega happy ending.

I also played through and beat Resident Evil: Gaiden for the umpteenth time, which was as surprisingly decent as I remember.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 31 2012 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

For what it is, I too enjoy Resident Evil Gaiden. I'd never consider it canon though.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 31 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
For what it is, I too enjoy Resident Evil Gaiden. I'd never consider it canon though.

Me neither, not with...
[SPOILER:1c26cce556]LOL LEON'S THE MONSTER[/SPOILER:1c26cce556]
...at the end.

Still, though, I think it's a lot better than people give it credit for. The zombies are really cool looking, it pretty much nails the atmosphere of the older games, and the combat system, while odd, can be pretty fun. Plus, it's got Barry "Fucking" Burton. I wish it wasn't so short, though.

Skinr
PostPosted: Dec 31 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've been meaning to play Gaiden for years, but always forget about it.

Beat Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land for the second or third time. It's really short; I noticed the same problem with Metroid: Zero Mission when I managed to beat it in something like six hours. And that's with quite a bit of exploring, though I did remember where a lot of the hidden items were. (But not all; 98%ish completion, can't be bothered to check now.)

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 31 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Skinr wrote:

Beat Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land for the second or third time. It's really short; I noticed the same problem with Metroid: Zero Mission when I managed to beat it in something like six hours. And that's with quite a bit of exploring, though I did remember where a lot of the hidden items were. (But not all; 98%ish completion, can't be bothered to check now.)

I feel like that's the only noticeable flaw about Metroid games; they're all way, way too short.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jan 01 2013 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Skinr wrote:

I feel like that's the only noticeable flaw about Metroid games; they're all way, way too short.

Only on replays. I always spend my first play throughs totally lost the entire time.
JRA
PostPosted: Oct 20 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

New Super Mario Bros Wii. I just fucking beat 9-7 and got all 3 coins in one life on my first try (of this particular game playthrough).

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Brandon22000
PostPosted: Oct 30 2013 08:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This was a while ago, but in Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream, I , in one take, beat Mr. Dream, beat the entire game, the beat Mr. Dream again. That was pure platinum, that's what I rate the experience. Off-topic: I am not very old.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 27 2015 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finally have all of the exotics weapons available in Destiny. The only items I am missing now are two helmets. The Skull of Dire Ahamkara for my Warlock and Mask of the Third Man for my Hunter. After that I won't have much left to do except max out my grimoire score, which is currently at 2705. I guess I should play more PVP, as most of my missing points are from lack of Crucible.

Reply to topic

Jump to: