"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Boast about your random video game achievements here

Reply to topic
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 30 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm good at playing with ridiculously hard self-imposed rules, then refusing to give up until my 300th or so attempt and ragequitting.
Undeath
Title: Facepuncher of Asses
PostPosted: Jul 01 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the complete middle ground on video games. I can beat just about anything I get my hands on, but I'm not world championship caliber. My personal best is that for a fleeting few moments, I held the world record in Tetris. I was so happy I sent in pictures of my score to Nintendo, only to find out sometime later that week someone else had completely trumped me. Before that guy sent his shit in, though, I had tops. Hah.

Also, I won second place in that Starfox thing they were doing circa 1992. It was local, mind you, but I won one of those cheesetastic shirts for it.

Cracked.com wrote:
"MARGARINE IS ONE MOLECULE AWAY FROM PLASTIC."

Not only is that not right, that's not even wrong. It's a meaningless statement. Saying something is "one molecule away" from plastic is like saying a farm is one letter away from a fart. Water is "one molecule away" from being explosive hydrogen gas.

NeoQwerty
Title: The chosen keyboard
PostPosted: Jul 01 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

- Completed the Soul of Chaos extra dungeons without being inflicted a game over and gathering one of every item in my inventory in a completely legit manner,
- Completed the SD Hiryuu mode of Flying Dragon, and managed somehow to gather up all the Treasures.
- Filled Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA)'s extended character database and events menu.
- Beat Mega Man X8 on Hard with all the items.
- Beat Mega Man X7 in one sitting without deaths.
- Completed Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge and acquired every Navi Chip, including Bass and Bass SP.
- Beat Pokemon FireRed with an all-fire team, including the second round of the Elite 4.
- Beat all Pokemon games with only the original starter, and that does include Yellow with only a Pikachu.
- Captured all the Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon Colosseum XD: Gale of Darkness.
- Beat Pokemon Sapphire entirely with a BEAUTIFLY. SOLO.

And I managed to lose various games about twenty times in my own room. Eh heh.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 02:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beating the entire Sinnoh Elite 4 + Champion with an Electivire (so far as OHKOing everything but Lucien's Bronzong).

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 02:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's easy, my first playthrough of Pokemon Silver was done almost entirely with a Meganium,
even though I sucked and his moveset probably included Razor Leaf, Giga Drain and Solarbeam or some shit like that.

And now I'm stuck at Giovanni in Saffron City. Actually, I'm stuck against the Rocket Grunt before him. So I'm training against Mewtwo.

As for achievements... in Super Mario 64, I'm trying to get every coin in every level. It's not done yet, but I did finish Lethal Lava Land.
That was such a total pain in the ass. Those fucking volcano bully bob-ombs' coins always fall in the fucking lava, resulting in MANY restarts.

Also, I can defeat every robot master in Mega Man 3 with the Mega Buster, save for Quick Man, against whom I almost always have to use an E-tank even while using the Search Snakes.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 02:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beat Castlevania SOTN for the 30th time, and I keep finding shit I never found in the previous play throughs. Like the Sword of Dawn. Never had that before. Or the fact that I found out during this last play through that the wolf can swim. WTF?! That's why that game is amazing.

Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 06:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I love that sword. That is by far the coolest weapon in the game for me.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did this on my 856th attempt :

Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 09:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
Beat Castlevania SOTN for the 30th time, and I keep finding shit I never found in the previous play throughs. Like the Sword of Dawn. Never had that before. Or the fact that I found out during this last play through that the wolf can swim. WTF?! That's why that game is amazing.

The wolf can also let you access the Coliseum early (~10:00 into the game), and you can use the wolf charge to skip the Richter fight entirely. There's all kinds of crazy stuff about SotN.
Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have yet to go through the game and not discover something new. Which is ridiculous. I'm in the process of getting the drops from everything. I've been fighting bosses with the Jewel Sword just for the challenge. It's actually kind of fun, long, but fun.

Bouya
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I remember doing a "get everything" run, iirc it took about 37 hours of continuous killing to get everything. Didn't know you have to do it on a replay after you've beaten it to get everything, but luckily I was replaying, heh.

I was trying to max out the % with some of the glitch methods, but I think I topped out at like 232% or something and last I checked they had it up to 429.1%.
Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jul 02 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If they kept track of homw many times you've completed the game my number would be crazy large.

Bouya
PostPosted: Jul 03 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Same. When I was trying to beat the speedrun record I'd do it 2-3x per day. I kinda want to replay it again, but I got burnt out so hard during that time.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 03 2009 02:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Beating the entire Sinnoh Elite 4 + Champion with an Electivire (so far as OHKOing everything but Lucien's Bronzong).

Isn't Electivire pretty powerful, though?

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Jul 03 2009 03:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not just beating, but double-perfect destroying Seth in Street Fighter IV with Dan on default difficulty with a standard 360 controller.

LowEndLem
Title: Not Gay
PostPosted: Jul 03 2009 04:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Creating TWO lightsabers with attack of 52-58 ATK in KoTOR2: the Sith Lords.

And raping the fuck out of every enemy from then on.

<docinsano>i beat off using save states

<Tako> But, brontosaurs ate plants. It wouldn't be a threat to Jesus.

Why? Fuck you, that's why.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Jul 03 2009 04:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

That reminds me, I have to start playing KoTOR.

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jul 03 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beating Giovanni (the fight in the Silph Co. building) in Touhoumon Lunatic with only level 70s. He has level 90s, with base stats in the high-600s,
but with (probably) crappy movesets because I just Earthquake'd my way through.

It took 18 minutes though, with 10 of them against the last one because IT JUST WOULDN'T FREAKING DIE!!!
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 03 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I found Waldo in the Where's Waldo NES game on the hardest difficulty. MULTIPLE TIMES.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jul 04 2009 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I found Waldo in the Where's Waldo NES game on the hardest difficulty. MULTIPLE TIMES.

I always just kept selecting anything that had red or white in it till I found him, the graphics are so blurry and pixelated you can't really tell what anything is anyways. Laughing

Greg the White
PostPosted: Jul 04 2009 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I beat Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on SNES cartridge on Professional (both run-throughs). Had to set myself to 9 lives, but I forgive myself.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Jul 04 2009 04:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Once I beat someone on Custom Robo for the GC in some crazy amount of time like 5 seconds.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Jul 04 2009 08:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While replaying FF6 Advance, I got reminded of one:

- Beat Hidon in FF6 (SNES) using Strago alone; with no level grinding before that. It only happened because I misunderstood the instructions (My English wasn't that good back then).
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 05 2009 09:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

AtmanRyu wrote:
While replaying FF6 Advance, I got reminded of one:

- Beat Hidon in FF6 (SNES) using Strago alone; with no level grinding before that. It only happened because I misunderstood the instructions (My English wasn't that good back then).

First of all, I have been staring at your signature image for the last 5 minutes. Fucking love it.

Second, what exactly did you think the instructions were directing you to do?

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jul 05 2009 04:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beating the computer in match mode on normal using Cirno. It's not much of an accomplishment, but I kinda suck at this game, so I'll take it.

I also got a perfect in the first round.
Reply to topic

Jump to: