SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
My First Game of MtG

Reply to topic
IceWarm
PostPosted: Mar 07 2009 09:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I played my first game with AKAFred in the chat room earlier today. I collected the cards for a while but never got around to learning or playing since I could never find any opponents near where I live. Thanks to AKAFred and Fernin for helping me with the rules. Even though I lost it was still a great game.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 07 2009 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats! I wish I could do that sort of thing, but I don't have a deck. :/ I'd love to be able to play and learn the rules that way.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Mar 08 2009 07:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Magic is fun at first but gets expensive and quickly becomes really competitive if you aren't careful. I played in the old days a lot, but became very disillusioned with it when I started going up against hardcore players and uber nerds with unbeatable card combos, and my friends started to get too into it. It's fun though if you have a set group of friends that don't take it too seriously, and aren't too concerned with winning.

All it takes is one dickhead though to spend tons of money and many hours reading through stategies to craft the perfect, unbeatable deck to ruin everyone's fun though.
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Mar 08 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

My friends and I used to play, it was pretty fun but we kept using the same cards so it got kind of old. Plus we were probably playing completely wrong.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: