SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
www.2d-sprites.com

Reply to topic
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Aug 16 2006 09:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So a while back I had a website, www.greeneyedzeke.com, that was poorly maintained and almost never updated. Well, I'm trying again. This time, the site is called www.2d-sprites.com (thanks to Syd and Jeebus for helping decide on the name). You can also access it via the old URL if you so desire. While the name is basically a direct reference to gaming glory from days gone by, the scope of the site is slightly larger. Right now, in fact, the only thing up there is a CD review.

Tomorrow I see "Snakes On A Plane", though, and I'll probably post a review of that this weekend.

Also, there are various other projects being planned. Hopefully I can stay motivated enough to see them through.

Okay, that's enough sitewhoring by me.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 16 2006 09:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure I asked this before, but will the Digital Pictures Project makes its way onto the new site? I need to see DPP, dammit. That or some Jenna Jameson DP.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Aug 16 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely want to include the DPP on the site. The backup disc with the files on it isn't playing nicely, though, which could suck in a big, big way. Stay tuned...

And yeah, I'd love some Jenna DP, too.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Aug 16 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard tell of the DPP, but the site was gone before I ever had a chance to check it out...
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Aug 16 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
So a while back I had a website, www.greeneyedzeke.com, that was poorly maintained and almost never updated. Well, I'm trying again. This time, the site is called www.2d-sprites.com (thanks to Syd and Jeebus for helping decide on the name). You can also access it via the old URL if you so desire. While the name is basically a direct reference to gaming glory from days gone by, the scope of the site is slightly larger. Right now, in fact, the only thing up there is a CD review.

Okay, that's enough sitewhoring by me.

Good to know about the site change. Whore the site, I shall.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Aug 28 2006 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let anyone know (since I don't update regularly enough that I assume anyone would be checking the site daily), a new article is up on 2d-sprites. Very Happy
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Aug 28 2006 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
Just to let anyone know (since I don't update regularly enough that I assume anyone would be checking the site daily), a new article is up on 2d-sprites. Very Happy

And it was freaking hilarious. Very Happy
Tebor
PostPosted: Aug 28 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Someone's car alarm went off just as I finished reading the article... It really freaked me out Shocked

GOOD WORK!

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Sep 18 2006 03:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The "sister site" to 2d-sprites, www.plutoisaplanetdammit.com, was just updated. It links to another site I just put up. Basically, I've uncovered a horrifying plot against mankind that must been seen to be believed. That, and I have way too much free time at work, apparently.
Tebor
PostPosted: Sep 18 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
The "sister site" to 2d-sprites, www.plutoisaplanetdammit.com, was just updated. It links to another site I just put up. Basically, I've uncovered a horrifying plot against mankind that must been seen to be believed. That, and I have way too much free time at work, apparently.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Sep 21 2006 01:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on a roll of some sort, 2d-sprites has been updated with a new food review!
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 03 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so lemme ask a question...

Some of you might remember that back when I owned greeneyedzeke.org, I was undertaking "The Digital Pictures Project", where I attempted to play through every single Digital Pictures FMV game for the Sega CD/Saturn/3D0 without killing myself. I came to find out that it was fairly popular and a number of Sega fansites actually linked to it.

Sadly, when I took down the site, though I had backed the material up onto disk, I didn't take the greatest precautions (I honestly though the whole thing was over and that was that). Long story short, I can't find any of the DPP data anymore. I've put the machine I originally authored it all on through two separate file undelete utility scans and have only been able to pull up fragments at best. There's not much I can work with.

So my question is, for 2d-sprites... I've been going back and forth. Would it be worthwhile and of interest to people for me to redo/finish this? Part of me really wants to go through with it and experience every one of these games. But I'm worried that it would seem "fake" for me to cover material I've already spent time on. At the time, I had four articles. The first was a description OF the project, with a history of Tom Zito, Digital Pictures, and the Sega CD. The second was a rather longwinded look at how much goes into actually setting up a Sega CD. Number three was a playthrough of the game "Double Switch". And the last one (and the one that almost drove me to suicide Very Happy ) was a playthrough of (gulp) "INXS: Make My Video."

If I did this over, I think the first article would be a history type deal again, only now I'd include stuff about the DPP version 1. As far as setting up a Sega CD goes, I might roll that up into the premiere article, since it might be of some benefit for me to get the games for the "stronger" systems, too. (For example, "Night Trap" is unrated and much nicer looking.. and more expensive... on the 3D0). Thus, placing such an emphasis on the SCD might be unnecessary, though still fun. Then I'd start with the games, an article for each one. Obviously, to be fair, I'd replay the two I'd already written about, with fresh material (I actually think the "INXS" video might benefit from my having already battled it once before).

Anyway, I'm just tossing that out there. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Oct 03 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I missed it the first time around, so I'd love to see it this time if you were willing to do Take 2.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 04 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say do it up. Your writing was funny and had impecable grammar. Maybe lay off the tiled background of Corey though. I still have nightmares....

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Tebor
PostPosted: Oct 04 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
Some of you might remember that back when I owned greeneyedzeke.org, I was undertaking "The Digital Pictures Project", where I attempted to play through every single Digital Pictures FMV game for the Sega CD/Saturn/3D0 without killing myself. I came to find out that it was fairly popular and a number of Sega fansites actually linked to it.

Part of me really wants to go through with it and experience every one of these games. But I'm worried that it would seem "fake" for me to cover material I've already spent time on.

I was a fan of the DPP and I would like to see it continue. I'm actually really sad that most of that material didn't survive Sad

I don't think it would be "fake" to redo the project. Technically, the project didn't get very far, so a second attempt would be like a rematch. Grudge match! Twisted Evil

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 06 2006 01:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

You gotta bring the DPP back! You just gotta!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Oct 20 2006 04:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like this site alot.

good job dude. you got some weird stuff up there that I would enver htink of.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 27 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaand a new article is up. It's the last of the "stupid Halloween food" ones and I believe it is fittingly ridiculous. Tons of pictures, too.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Oct 30 2006 07:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I thoroughly enjyoed the cookie one. it reminds me alot of my experiences trying to make instant rice.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Dec 04 2006 03:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A... sizeable new article is now up.

I can't believe I wrote this much about the topic. Shocked
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Dec 04 2006 03:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap, man. Intense article! Very Happy

And a fantastic read.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 04 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

that was a fun read. reminds me a lot of my trips to philadelphia nad conneticut for ring of honor shows.

BBH
PostPosted: Dec 05 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely an enjoyable read, and I'm not even a Meat Loaf fan. Good stuff.

I'm afraid I missed out on the Digital Pictures Project when it was up. Was Citizen X included among the games you were trying to play through?

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Dec 05 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

BBH wrote:
I'm afraid I missed out on the Digital Pictures Project when it was up. Was Citizen X included among the games you were trying to play through?

Yeah, that reminds me, are you still thinking about doing that again? Because DO! Very Happy
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Dec 05 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you guys like the article.

To answer questions regading the DPP, my hope and goal is to have it back up at some point in the near future. The problem is that computer technology can oftentimes crap all over us and that's exactly what happened. The hard drive with the data... kaput. The freaking CD with the backups... nowhere to be found. I have bits and pieces of a few articles and almost the complete "INXS: Make My Video" one, though.

What I THINK I'm going to do is redo the whole damn thing, starting with the setup. This time out, though, the introduction, in addition to talking about the history of Digital Pictures/Tom Zito/the Sega CD would point out how undertaking this task has already almost killed me once. Very Happy

As far as games go, the official list of Digital Pictures games (all of which I'd be playing) are as follows:

Double Switch, Night Trap, Corpse Killer, Prize Fighter, Sewer Shark, Supreme Warrior, Slam City with Scottie Pippen, Ground Zero Texas, Quarterback Attack, Four MAKE MY VIDEO titles (INXS, Kriss Kross, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, and C&C Music Factory).

I have also now learned that there were other non-sega cd games put out in the final days of the company, including Maximum Surge (with Yasmine Bleeth and Walter Koenig), and two PC-only games that I now vaguely recall as being somehow "educational" -- Kids On Site and What's My Story? .

There were a number of non-DP FMV games that were also awesome/awesomely bad (depending on your viewpoint), like Viacom's "Dracula Unleashed" (I actually really, really like this game... and I own the DVD version these days) and Sega's own Tomcat Alley, etc. If I ever actually made it through the main list, maybe I'd touch some of these, since they were very heavily influenced by what DP did.

Phew...
Reply to topic

Jump to: