"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Things that piss you off, video game edition

Reply to topic
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jun 20 2014 07:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think people would say any different if Nintendo advertised those new IPs at the same level they do their first-tier properties? I think that's why people are under the impression that Nintendo only makes three games ever.

Also, people do criticize Sony and Microsoft for rehashing their big titles. Most of them are probably Nintendo fans.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Sinistar
PostPosted: Jun 23 2014 08:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

RUN! RUN! RUN!
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Aug 15 2014 01:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is/did anyone have problems with the final boss of Retro City Rampage? I was kind of coasting through the game until I got to this point. I don't think I've fought a boss this hard since I played Demon's Crest.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Aug 15 2014 02:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just keeping plugging away at him and dodge whenever necessary. You'll get him eventually.
The Opponent
PostPosted: Aug 15 2014 03:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Is/did anyone have problems with the final boss of Retro City Rampage? I was kind of coasting through the game until I got to this point. I don't think I've fought a boss this hard since I played Demon's Crest.

That entire ending sequence marred the whole game for me.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Aug 27 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Mario Kart 8 DLC is absolutely maddening. Those "coming soon" stickers in every screen are going to taunt players for months. If the Battle Mode doesn't get tracks that are actually for battling, then all that DLC is a wash. Regular racing wears thin before long.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Oct 12 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It is taking way too long to unlock the custom outfits in Smash 3DS. Is there a faster way to do it than to grind in Smash Run?

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Oct 22 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
Cameron wrote:

That entire ending sequence marred the whole game for me.

Stop complaining and get some skill.

The-Excel wrote:
The Mario Kart 8 DLC is absolutely maddening. Those "coming soon" stickers in every screen are going to taunt players for months. If the Battle Mode doesn't get tracks that are actually for battling, then all that DLC is a wash. Regular racing wears thin before long.

Companies cutting content out of their games to sell later as DLC, that really pisses me off. Why can't these companies just make a full game, then give away or sell new DLC every week or month to extend the life of the game, making more money and pleasing the customers? It gets people talking about the game weeks after the game has been released.
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Dec 03 2014 08:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike I Wanna Be The Guy. I love the idea of this game, but I don't like how every obstacle is a hidden booby trap. Needs more gameplay elements and then it would be awesome. I do love the boss fights in that game though.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 03 2014 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
I dislike I Wanna Be The Guy. I love the idea of this game, but I don't like how every obstacle is a hidden booby trap. Needs more gameplay elements and then it would be awesome. I do love the boss fights in that game though.

It's a throwback to the old super hard NES games like Ninja Gaiden. It's all about rote memorization.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:

DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 06:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:

I do have skill, I just think the game is boring.
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pissed off at Pat Robertson. He is some old man Christian on TV or some shit. I saw a Youtube clip of him saying that some woman's husband should stop playing an MMO because it has "witchcraft". I really hate old men that still believe that witchcraft is real. That's fucking dumb.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Jan 20 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this really count as pissed off, but a friend of mine brought over Wii Fit Plus so I could try it, and it was so upfront about how much I let myself go over the last few months that I bought my own copy of Wii Fit U with the board and everything. The yoga in particular whipped my ass, especially when it got to the Warrior Pose and I was too busy thinking about what the Ultimate Warrior Pose would look like so I was laughing too hard to focus. I really hope I can find the time to use it every day because my employment situation for the foreseeable future makes that look unlikely.

Also, Club Nintendo is closing this year. I was sitting around on all of my codes waiting for the right time to register them all at once, like when the Super Smash Bros. demo went out to those who registered a lot. I thought I learned my lesson and put all of them in the night before the Direct last week, thinking it would earn me a link to buy a Ambassador's New 3DS like what Europe got. Boy was I ever stupid. Also, I am super farty that I missed out on the hanafuda cards and will likely never have a chance to ever get them now.

DarknessDeku wrote:
I'm pissed off at Pat Robertson. He is some old man Christian on TV or some shit. I saw a Youtube clip of him saying that some woman's husband should stop playing an MMO because it has "witchcraft". I really hate old men that still believe that witchcraft is real. That's fucking dumb.

Ranking of people with too similar names:
  1. Paul Robertson
  2. Pat Patterson
  3. Pat Robertson
  4. Rob Pattinson

Fun fact: Young Earth Creationism, the belief some Christians have that the Earth is only 4000 years old or so based on loose interpretations of time scales in the Bible, is so stupid that even Pat Robertson says it's wrong.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Jan 26 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So I bought Wii Fit U but I have never had the chance to actually play it for real yet because there is only one place in the house I have enough room to do the activities and it's almost always being used when I'm actually home. My parents insist on watching TV downstairs instead of their own room and my room doesn't have the insulation to host human life in the winter.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jan 26 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
So I bought Wii Fit U but I have never had the chance to actually play it for real yet because there is only one place in the house I have enough room to do the activities and it's almost always being used when I'm actually home. My parents insist on watching TV downstairs instead of their own room and my room doesn't have the insulation to host human life in the winter.

Can you use a computer monitor/can you set up a computer monitor in a comfortable spot?
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jan 26 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
The-Excel wrote:

Can you use a computer monitor/can you set up a computer monitor in a comfortable spot?

There aren't any comfortable spots anywhere else except the living room where the only good TV is. Our furniture is arranged alongside the walls such that the free space to walk around in is long, not wide, so there's barely any room anywhere as it is now.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jan 26 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
There aren't any comfortable spots anywhere else except the living room where the only good TV is. Our furniture is arranged alongside the walls such that the free space to walk around in is long, not wide, so there's barely any room anywhere as it is now.

I certainly sympathize with your situation sir. But I'll have you know that I'm also mentally picturing Sigma being really bummed out about his furniture arrangements, and it makes me all giggly. Razz
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jan 30 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
The-Excel wrote:

I certainly sympathize with your situation sir. But I'll have you know that I'm also mentally picturing Sigma being really bummed out about his furniture arrangements, and it makes me all giggly. Razz

This made me smile, I must admit.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jan 30 2015 05:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sigma > Doctor Wily...
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Jan 30 2015 07:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Except Dr. Wily wrote the virus that infected and consumed Sigma, which means it was ultimately Wily who was responsible for all the troubles of the X series.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Jan 30 2015 08:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I want to make an obese Mii Fighter in the new Smash Bros., but you can't make miis anywhere close to fat. What fucking nonsense.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jan 30 2015 08:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
I want to make an obese Mii Fighter in the new Smash Bros., but you can't make miis anywhere close to fat. What fucking nonsense.

Nintendo is seriously alienating their fan base.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Jan 31 2015 08:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Probable Muppet wrote:
Sigma > Doctor Wily...

Sigma stage 1 BGM > Dr. Wily stage 1 BGM.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Feb 01 2015 04:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Decided to give Mass Effect 2 a whirl tonight. After 90 minutes of updates and finally getting to play, it felt like I was playing in mud. I remember FPS games being a lot more fluid. Am I crazy?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Reply to topic

Jump to: