"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I buy action figures just to stand on a shelf

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 06:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When Michael Crichton passed away I decided to take a picture of the bookshelf next to me.

Being lazy, I didn't even clear the way. I then realized that I just buy figures to stand on the bookshelf where they make it difficult to ever pull out a book.

I don't have a point. But where do keep your figures? In a box under the bed? On a desk? On a mantle? In their original boxes in order to drive up their worth?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 07:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a bunch of them on a bookshelf, some on another bookshelf, and some on top of my computer tower and sub woofer. I have a bunch that I haven't opened, not because I'm hoping to drive up the value, but because I'm lazy. I bought most of my action figures for use in comics. If I find the ambition, one of the action figures you featured above is going to star in a comic saga on the site.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gee, could it be Claire Bennet in The Sexual Misadventures of Syd Lexia?

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
words...If I find the ambition, one of the action figures you featured above is going to star in a comic saga on the site.

You have a Tom Welling action figure?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, I also have a bunch of unopened action figures that I had to buy giant plastic bins for because I ran out of shelf space for them.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I never really got into action figures. I did however a history teacher in high school who literally had thousands of them. He had doubles, triples even quadruples of most of the spawn stuff. I was friends with his son, who was my age, and attended the same school. We weren't allowed into the rooms he kept the figures in because he didn't want use to ruin them. They were all in boxes anyways.

Also, I have Micro Machines on my book shelf. I hope that counts.
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I had more money and still lived in Tucson cuz there was this badass store called R-Galaxy I used to get stuff from. They had walls of Spawn stuff and lots of cool anime shit too. Now I mostly collect Star Wars toys. Right now they're all in a pile on my desk because I was going to move them but never did.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Cattivo
PostPosted: Nov 19 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The bookshelf in my computer room is filled mostly with Batman figures, as well as a few Trek figures, Gambit from X-men, and Chiana from Farscape. There's also a few Batman figures on my computer desk.

The bookshelves in my living room that hold most of my college & grad school books have no figures obscuring them thankfully. Although, there are a few model cars working as bookends over there. The bookshelf in my computer room is mainly only for reference books and sci-fi books anyway.
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Nov 20 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got sucked into doing the shoesbox secret santa thing and checkout the dark night figures. There were like a dozen different batmans but i only found one joker . . . and no twoface . . . . WTF!

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Tebor
PostPosted: Nov 20 2008 12:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
I got sucked into doing the shoesbox secret santa thing and checkout the dark night figures. There were like a dozen different batmans but i only found one joker . . . and no twoface . . . . WTF!

I hate chase figures.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 20 2008 07:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Chase figures should only be repaints and characters in super obscure costumes that only hardcore fans would care about.

It's hella gay when a company makes a really cool figure and then it's a fucking Con Exclusive. Shortly before they went under, Palisades made a Con Exclusive Super Grover figure to tease their upcoming Sesame Street line. Super Grover was a fucking CLASSIC Sesame Street bit, and making it a Con Exclusive was a super shitty thing to do. Of course, since Palisades went out of business, it's one of the few figures from the line that actually exists.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 20 2008 09:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

My Slash figure has had a prominent position in my living/family room for about 4 years now.

He used to be in front of the TV, but now he sits on a shelf in front of the Cable/VoIP modem.

This is my old apartment. The picture is crap, but you can see Slash in his old home in front of our TV.

Edit:

Trivia Note: The game in the SNES is Super Metroid.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Nov 20 2008 05:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a few Transformers standing on the TV. my friends will come over and talk about how lame they are, and then take them down and play with them. Rolling Eyes

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Nov 20 2008 09:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a GM on my desk and a Wing Gundam on a shelf in my room.

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Nov 20 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not much for action figures, generally. Too much money and limited practicality. I do, however, have a plastic Psyduck that you can squeeze (no sound) and a plastic Baby Kermit from Muppet Babies. I also have a sweet plastic dragon that my old roommate gave to me when he moved out.

RIP Hacker.

IceWarm
PostPosted: Dec 22 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

I used to collect action figures as well and display them all over my room. Unfortunately I don't have nearly the amount of room in my apartment that I did before so most of my figures are boxed up. Some of my favorites are by McFarlane toys. I had the Movie Maniacs figures of the T-800(Both Arnie and the Endo), The T-1000, Ash(Evil Dead/Army of Darkness), Freddy, and Jason. I also had the Matrix figures of Neo and Trinity from the lobby shootout and I actually used them as a set of badass bookends since each one has a base and a wall they are jumping off of.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: