"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The order of Submit and Preview

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Oct 12 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a meager thing, but I at least wondered if this ever catches anyone else. Since I've been back, I've noticed the Quick Reply feature at the bottom of the page, which is a wonderful addition. I've noticed recently that the order of the "Submit" and "Preview" buttons are reversed between this feature and the regular reply page. It just keeps throwing me off a bit depending on how I reply... such as publishing my post when I mean to preview first, or vice versa.

Like I said, it's not a big deal and I'm not demanding change (as I prefer dollars). I'm just puttin' it out there as well as wondering if anyone else has noticed, and maybe have suffered a similar fate to myself.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 15 2008 07:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

it's an interesting point and I'll add it to the to-do list. My WordPress admin panel is completely fucked right now though, so that's a bigger issue.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 15 2008 07:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Since no one else commented on it, I wouldn't bother changing it. I think it'll confuse more people to change it now.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Oct 15 2008 09:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

When it was first imposed I specifically remember someone saying something about and it was brushed under the rug. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: From the "Please add a quick reply" thread.
username wrote:
double post.

if its not too much trouble, can you switch the submit/preview buttons on the quick reply? im used to hitting tab twice from the regular reply option and its been confusing me on the quick reply. if its too much work, then dont even worry about it.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 15 2008 09:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the submit button should be removed and all posts should be previewed prior to posting.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 19 2008 08:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, the quick reply used to throw me off, but now im used to it.

so if he changed it now, then i would be confused yet again

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 21 2008 06:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
I think that the submit button should be removed and all posts should be previewed prior to posting.

No chance in hell. I post from my phone fairly often, and that extra page load would be an unnecessary pain in my ass.

And really, that's all "preview" is, an extra click. None of the people who have severe spelling/grammar issues are actually going to take a second look at their posts before they hit "submit".
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 21 2008 09:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
GPFontaine wrote:

No chance in hell. I post from my phone fairly often, and that extra page load would be an unnecessary pain in my ass.

And really, that's all "preview" is, an extra click. None of the people who have severe spelling/grammar issues are actually going to take a second look at their posts before they hit "submit".

I knew the answer before I hit the submit button myself.

At some point in the future if the boards are upgraded, certain forum software allows for previews without page loads. The text is rendered dynamically into HTML and shown in the same page.

Reply to topic

Jump to: