SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
23.79% of GameFAQs visitors suck at life.

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2418

In a poll that ran on 6/25, people were asked if they had played the original Legend of Zelda.

17.33% answered "No, but I've played other games in the series."
6.46% answered "No, I've never played a single Zelda game."

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Disturbing as it is, more and more people have never even played a damn NES. Kids play new Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games without knowing anything about their roots. For that generation, gaming nostalgia means N64 and PS1. Shocked
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, emulation is pretty big these days, so there are plenty of people who have played SMB and LoZ without ever having owned an NES. Also, Nintendo did release their Classic NES series for the GBA like two or three years ago.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good point, particularly about the Classic NES series. I suspect that that 23% of people (who, indeed, suck at life) are uninterested in "boring old games" like that, and emulators wouldn't be worth their time.

I think a follow up question for that first 17% might be "WHICH other games in the series have you played?" If they're all the 3D ones, we'd know why they probably haven't played the original. If they've played some of the handheld 2D ones, though, your guess is as good as mine.
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't there an NES fad a while back?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 01:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Hot Topic still stocks a bunch of NES shirts, so I imagine someone must be buying them.
RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 02:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I believe I created a couple of topics refering to my HUNTERS TEARS somewhere "if we banned together we can take em down". This is what I refering too. When Nintendo suddenly forgets about the last Zelda series unincluding Zelda 64 they decide to make money of implus buyers.

Personally I had a Nintendo testing Kit in my reach until my father "dumped it" recently instead of calling his s on who is into the games and such electronics and persues a carrer as a reator.

My Nintendo still works and plays even if I have to open it up to make a game work.
I even have most of my saves.

The truth is that games in America is made for kids and not adults and as a implus buyer kids are pron to this.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 02:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
persues a carrer as a reator.

What the heck is a 'reator'? Does Regal hope to be a realtor? "Buy ths house now! Finst house in the Jew part of town!" Maybe he wants to be a reactor. "I am too hot and too tired to continue. Meltdown iminent."

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Kurt
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've been into classic emulation for a while and until recently, I haven't realized just how widespread it's gotten. A few days ago I saw a kid at Taco Bell playing Bionic Commando with some kind of Java-based NES emulator on his (or possibly someone else's) Nokia phone, and he looked about ten. I didn't even know that was possible. Still, most gamers today are too obsessed with games like Halo 2 and the latest DOA gayfest to remember who the hell Link is or what games he was in.

Uhh... offtopicness over.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
RegalSin wrote:

What the heck is a 'reator'? Does Regal hope to be a realtor? "Buy ths house now! Finst house in the Jew part of town!" Maybe he wants to be a reactor. "I am too hot and too tired to continue. Meltdown iminent."

I think he means "creator." Which is never going to happen because the qualities game companies look for in possible hires tend to include skill with computer programs, the ability to think creatively, and a firm grasp on the english language.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 28 2006 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
Valdronius wrote:
RegalSin wrote:

I think he means "creator." Which is never going to happen because the qualities game companies look for in possible hires tend to include skill with computer programs, the ability to think creatively, and a firm grasp on the english language.

I am a artist and I will be creating games you or your chidlren will be hooked on for melliums to come. All I need is a Power house machine and some basic C ++ and Bormans along with a little Power PC tutorial and a Dev kit or two.

If I had a team that would work under me right now and funding my games would scare you and excite you. Not like no Miyamato and Rayman creator who knighted for What now? Creating a industywhile sacrificing millions of lives.

Yes we created a bunch of shut ins and now we are being knighted for it. We help disarm the world with Pixels and polygon figures oh look there goes one of our consumers right now spending his paycheck on a new 360 when he could have taken that to Penny Money down Risky Boot road.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 28 2006 09:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kurt wrote:
...the latest DOA gayfest...

Man, "DOA" and "gay" really don't belong in the same sentence. It doesn't get much more hetero male fantasy than that. Wink
rj815
Title: Dslycixe
PostPosted: Jun 28 2006 09:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Black Zarak wrote:
Valdronius wrote:
RegalSin wrote:

I am a artist and I will be creating games you or your chidlren will be hooked on for melliums to come. All I need is a Power house machine and some basic C ++ and Bormans along with a little Power PC tutorial and a Dev kit or two.

If I had a team that would work under me right now and funding my games would scare you and excite you. Not like no Miyamato and Rayman creator who knighted for What now? Creating a industywhile sacrificing millions of lives.

Yes we created a bunch of shut ins and now we are being knighted for it. We help disarm the world with Pixels and polygon figures oh look there goes one of our consumers right now spending his paycheck on a new 360 when he could have taken that to Penny Money down Risky Boot road.

I seriously doubt UbiSoft has "sacrificed" millions of people in order to run their company.

Oh, and for planning to become a person in the software industry, you seem to be lacking everything you need, both before and after acquiring a job in the software industry.

Permanently under construction.
"We have to kill the animals, or else they die!" ~ South Park
"The Window is now open, may the rain drizzle in." ~ RegalSin (slightly edited)
S. McCracken wrote:
Fuck, you really are a retard.

RegalSin wrote:
The retard who plays Mortal Kombat.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 28 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

rj815 you can go suck a lemon. Whst is t that I am missing. Also I told you already I am in it for the games. I have a creative mind unlike most, have a fair grasp of of computer then most people. understand some what of commmand line operation and how programs/games work.

rj815 you can go suck a lemon. What is it I am missing? Influence? the fact I am not a texas Cowboy, or he fact I am poor and using tend dollar computers.

I can fix and recover data, I know how to rencode with the usage of programs, A litttle HTML, have a fair understanding of math, and I know what real from what is not real unlike some of these abominations out there.

Would you rather see me in a lazy chair by a terminal or in a army suit with a really big gun.
rj815
Title: Dslycixe
PostPosted: Jun 28 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
rj815 you can go suck a lemon. Whst is t that I am missing. Also I told you already I am in it for the games. I have a creative mind unlike most, have a fair grasp of of computer then most people. understand some what of commmand line operation and how programs/games work.

rj815 you can go suck a lemon. What is it I am missing? Influence? the fact I am not a texas Cowboy, or he fact I am poor and using tend dollar computers.

I can fix and recover data, I know how to rencode with the usage of programs, A litttle HTML, have a fair understanding of math, and I know what real from what is not real unlike some of these abominations out there.

Would you rather see me in a lazy chair by a terminal or in a army suit with a really big gun.

In an army suit with a really big gun for 400, Alex!
PROVE to me you can, and then I'll believe you. Since you can't even prove you have any decent grasp on the English language (if you plan to make games in the US, England, or for an English-speaking company), I don't fully believe you can program games.
And is lemon sucking even an insult? It's definitely the weirdest one I've heard.

Permanently under construction.
"We have to kill the animals, or else they die!" ~ South Park
"The Window is now open, may the rain drizzle in." ~ RegalSin (slightly edited)
S. McCracken wrote:
Fuck, you really are a retard.

RegalSin wrote:
The retard who plays Mortal Kombat.

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 28 2006 01:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Black Zarak wrote:
Valdronius wrote:
RegalSin wrote:

Sooo....all you need to be a game designer is...everything?

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 28 2006 01:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No no no I need to take up Computer Science to understand programing such. The thin is I can draw good and really good if I have the concentration and tools. I am only lacking in the programing department as rj815 said but if you give me the tools and some books of how to draw this and that I will create it.

Also like many people I am very familiar with the videogames and what is hot form what is not and understand that people can be impusive.

If you gave me a series I will not only ive you a story but a whole new grasp on it.
Personally I could do that with anyting of the imaginary.

It's not really everyything but it's part of my dream and goals I have in life and not just settling down and live in the USA.

Also about european gaming I will never work there since they are way behind in the gaming feild.
Deezee
Title: Disregard me.
PostPosted: Jun 29 2006 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What the hell is going on in this thread?

Anyway.

I never beat the original Zelda. *Slices his own wrists*
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jun 29 2006 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I remember playing the original in the electronic section of the mall. I was playing for about 30 minutes and my grandfather had to drag me away kciking and screaming. I have played it much other than that, but this thread sparked that memory, so I thought I'd share.

RIP Hacker.

Sock
PostPosted: Jun 29 2006 08:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I knew how old Regal Sin was.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 29 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Deezee wrote:
I never beat the original Zelda. *Slices his own wrists*

I never beat the second quest on an actual NES. I could never figure out how to get to the silver arrows in Level 9.Years later, I finally did it on an emulator.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 02:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not ashamed to say it, I never even got a single piece of the triforce in LoZ until I forced myself to play it recently. I don't like the game.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Sock
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 03:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
I'm not ashamed to say it, I never even got a single piece of the triforce in LoZ until I forced myself to play it recently. I don't like the game.

Fuckin' eh. I don't like the games either. I'm not into linear adventure games.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Going back to the beginning of the thread and the NES fad....

I guarentee you that 75% of the people buying those shirts have never even played emulated NES games. With the permission of the court, I'd like to present my sister, Kris Lexia, as Exhibit A in the case of "Jeebus vs. stupid wanna be pop culture teens who shop at Hot Topic"

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The internal battery of my Zelda is still alive so my old save is still there! Amazing Shocked

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: