"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Kepora Gebora

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 26 2006 09:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As everyone on this board seems to know more about video games than anyone else I know, I have a Zelda question.

I just found out the Owl in Zelda OoT's name is Kepora Gebora (off the soundtrack). Does that name mean anything? And I remember there was some conspiracy theory regarding that owl dealing with why it wasn't in the future. I figured he died, but if anyone remembers some elaborate history behind it, I'd be curious to know.

Thanks in advance!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 26 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thw Owl in The Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening is part of the windfish soul. In the end after deafeating the Nightmares of the Windfish (Shadow Dealth ) the Owl wil tell you his true purpose and dissapear revealing the truth.

You could say this is a hint at Links Awakening since this is the real last game in Zelda series Timeline.

not counting the freaky Zeldas or Neo Zelda games.
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time/ Garden --- The first time Link saw the Owl
The Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past
The Legend Of Zelda: An Endless Quest/ Desert
The Legend Of Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link
The Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening/ Oceania --- The last time Link see the Owl

In short the Windfish is the Owl "while he is sleeping".
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's a cool timeline, but anything about the character in Zelda 64? Wasn't there a statue of him at the lake in the future, or am I making that up. I can't find the damn cartridge to check, nor can I find a Zelda Plot FAQ. Though I haven't really been looking. Confused

Off "Link's Awakening", I believe the owl in that game was limited only to that world. Otherwise, all the games are part of the Windfish's dreams... and that's kind of a bummer Sad

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the owl's name was actually Kaepora Gaebora.

He was an integral part of one of the most infamous internet hoaxes, one that played upon gamers' desire to obtain the Triforce in OoT: http://internal.tbi.net/~max/zwow.htm
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GreenFire1
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 01:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Regal, what is "Endless Desert" and which games exactly did you exclude?

By the way, the owl from Link's Awakening was a totally different character from Kaepora of Ocarina, given that LA was all a dream (highlight to read spoiler), thusly no character could be a real character. Which is good, because we all know Talon is the Hon. Mario Mario, who exists in Zelda only in cameos (see: Hyrule Castle, Ocarina of Time).

The opinion I hold of fanfics in general is that they are like the night sky. The good ones are the stars, and the shittastic ones fill the black space in between.
- Original quote

Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 02:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I believe the owl's name was actually Kaepora Gaebora.

He was an integral part of one of the most infamous internet hoaxes, one that played upon gamers' desire to obtain the Triforce in OoT: http://internal.tbi.net/~max/zwow.htm

I remember seeing a picture of someone gaining the Triforce as an item. I never believed it as the game was so straight forward that if you could get the Triforce, it would be damn necessary to do so.

EDIT: Oh duh, the Owl is really Rauru. Okay, I think that was what was bothering me.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the Triforce on the quest status screen:
http://internal.tbi.net/~max/ztrifoce.htm

This was a hoax too.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

No the Owl is not the Sage. The Owl is part of the Wind Fish Spirit. For cryin out loud Links Awakening was released right before this game.

Again Nintendo had a diffrent Zelda in store for people using the Mario 64 engine and again Nintendo did release a Zelda 64 for the N64 or DD64 Only in Japan.

Just trust me the Owl is the Wind Fish and was watching him from the begining
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have the DD64 version of Zelda and it is not that different. It given away as a free gift to people who pre-ordered the Windwaker for the Gamecube. It is the exact same game and storyline as Ocarina of Time, but the maps are changed. So it's basically like the second quest in the original Legend of Zelda.

Also, newsflash: Link's Awakening came out in 1993. Ocarina of Time was 1998. Please explain to me how a 5 year gap constitutes "right before".
Reply to topic

Jump to: