SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Post your video game console lineage

Reply to topic
taterfyrings
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

1. Started out with my fathers old IBM portable PC which could run DOS, and play games like Pac-man, Space Invaders and Snake. The most advanced game we had was the the racing game called Grand Prix, so I guess the PC could in theory run more advanced games, however, I was to young at that point to copy my own games.

2. Nes - got this for my birthday in 1991 with Super Mario Bros, and soon got Zelda 2 and Ducktales as well, which were the only three games I ever got for it. However, a lot of my friends had it as well, so I got to play most of the classic thanks to trading with them. It still works fine after I changed the connector a few years ago, and I know have a decent collection of about 60 Nes-games.

3. Apple Macintosh Classic - I got this computer from my grandfather, and even though it could not play advanced games, it still had some decent old ones, and it was the first computer that was owned by me!

4. My father finally bought a new computer with windows 3.11 in about 1993, and I could now play all the classic computer games like Prince of Persia, Wolfenstein and Doom, and I also started to buy my own games like Flashback and the Monkey Islands

5. Bought my first own PC in 1995 to play Simcity 2000, Transport Tycoon and a lot of Civilization 2. It had fairly good specs for the time, so I had it in about five years to play most of the interesting PC-releases of the day. However, in the end the PC was almost exclusively used to emulate old consoles like the Nes, SMS, Genesis and Snes.

6. Playstation - I got this from my cousin who was bored of his, and it was also modded so I could literally play whatever I liked, however, I ended up not using if for much more than playing arcade-games like Tekken and Gran Turismo, as my computer was able to emulate the Snes and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, systems I was much more interested in. So when Final Fantasy VII came out, i Played Final Fantasy III (VI), and when Ocarina of Time came out, I played A Link to the Past etc.

7. Gamecube - as with the Playstation, I got this one from my brother who had moved on to a PS2, and I did not seriously use it at first as I still played on (my now new) PC mostly.

8. Snes - finally bought an Snes in 2008 after wanting one for 15 years. I had played most of its library on emulator, but have not collected about 60 games for it, and growing.

7. N64 - extremely happy with my Snes, I decided to get an N64 as well. As with the snes, I had already played the most interesting games on an emulator, but its nice to finally get to play them on the real deal.

8. PS2, Master System, Mega Drive - bought all this used buy a guy at a forum pretty cheap, still in 2008, and as with the Snes and N64 I already knew most of the library of the Sega-Consoles. For the PS2 I was fresh however, and it has been a nice experience to get to play a few of the gems like MGS2 and ICO.

9. Wii - got my first current generation system to play Super Mario Galaxy in 2009. Awesome console that get waaaay to much criticism imo.

10. 360 - got this from my sister who was bored of it, but returned it after a year when she regretted her decision. Even though I owned it for a year, I did not really play it much save for Street Fighter, so don't really miss it. Will eventually get my own though.

11. Dreamcast - got this early last year, but has not really got the time to play it much sadly.

So thats about it, I also have a modern PC, a Toploading Nes, an NTSC Snes (I'm european) and tons of portable consoles like the original Game Boy, Game Boy color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, DS Lite and PSP. I guess my history is pretty strange, as I have been a retro gamer for most of my life playing console games on emulators, and finally gotten the consoles themselves just the last few years, however, I fully plan to get a Wii U at or near launch, and will also probably get the3DS when Layton versus Phoenix Wright comes out.
JimmyLazer
Title: Always bored
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm...

GBA
Genesis
PS2
Wii
XBox
NES
PS3

ProtoScott
Title: New Robot Prototype
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 02:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NES-It wasn't mine, but I think it was a family console. It is hard to remember, but I have clear memories of playing NES games with my siblings
Game Boy- Has since been lost and recently replaced
GBP- Has since been broken and recently replaced
SNES- Mom's house (has been lost, tragically)
Sega Genesis- Dad's house
Game Boy Color- Has since been lost and recently replaced
N64-My brothers but I played it all the time anyway.
Ps1
Sega Saturn- Dad's house
GBA- Has since been broken and kind of replaced with an SP
PS2- First console I was ever in the store to buy myself
Game Cube
Xbox- Got this one toward the end of this generation of consoles, it was just a Halo 2 machine for me
Xbox 360- Has since been broken and replaced like 9 million fucking times
Top Loading NES
My Own N64
Wii
Magnavox odyssey II
Atari 2600
Virtual Boy
Sega Game Gear
Sega Nomad
SNES- Replacement for my old one.

I'm not really sure about the order of everything after the 360 because they were all bought within the same year, including the replacement gameboys that are mentioned, so it is kind of a blur.

Where's Doctor Wiley... Oh no, too late.
My band's music can be heard here ---->http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/FELD/365363305503

http://useblogswisely.blogspot.com/ <------READ MY WRITINGS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or not. I don't care.)

Alowishus
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 02:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Some ridiculously old console that played on tapes - which name i've yet to remember.
SNES
Game Boy
PS1
Game Boy color
PS2
Gamecube - Not mine
Wii - Not mine
PS3
Nintendo DS
N64
Megadrive
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Some ridiculously old console that played on tapes - which name i've yet to remember.
SNES
Game Boy
PS1
Game Boy color
PS2
Gamecube - Not mine
Wii - Not mine
PS3
Nintendo DS
N64
Megadrive

the spectrum? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 03:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NES->SNES/Genesis->PS->PS2->GC->Xbox 360

My parents owned a video store when I was a kid, so I had all the games I could want to play and consoles at least to the end of the fourth generation. After that I got on the Playstation to follow Final Fantasy and then on the PS2 out of loyalty. I picked up a Gamecube when they started selling cheap, and when the next gen came up, I switched over to the 360 because the price for the PS3 was way too high when it launched.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 03:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
SNES
Game Boy
PS1
Game Boy color
PS2
Gamecube - Not mine
Wii - Not mine
PS3
Nintendo DS
N64
Megadrive

That's the very one. I don't have a tape recorder so i can't play it Sad
slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 04:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got an Atari 400 in about 1985 or so. Before that I wasted too many quarters at the arcades (my folks say). That was the system of the 80's for me.

Wanted an NES in 1988, but had to save up my own money for a year to buy it. It takes about a year to save 100 bucks when you're about 11 or 12. So in Decemer '89 I finally got one. Got my first game for it on Xmas of that year. (Ghosts n' Goblins)

Same thing with my SNES. Had to save the money myself so I got one in the spring of '92. I was a little older so I was able to save money slightly quicker.

Can't remember if my next one was the Sega Genesis or the PS1. It was at least ten years later though, so I think the PS2 was already out. So I was able to find both systems for about the 25 dollar range, since both systems were old and obsolete by then (especially the Sega).

My PS1 crapped out about 2 years ago but a friend of mine down the street had 2 PS2s. He said here, you can have one of them if you want. He was all about the Wii by then.

That is all.

EDIT: Forgot about Pong. My parents got a pong machine way back in the 80's also. I definately got my fill of it.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am not going to bother putting dates on these, as I have way too many and I am sure I will forget to list some(I am doing this by memory mostly, a lot of this stuff is in storage). I just don't have the time right now to make a full list. I do plan to in the future, and when I do it will probably be in the Sydapedia. Here we go:

NES
NES2
Famicom
Famicom Disk System
Atari 7800
TurboExpress
Sega Master System
Sega Master System 2
ColecoVision
IntelliVision
IntelliVision 2
Atari 5200
Vectrex
Atari 2600
Magnavox Odyssey
Sega SG-1000
Sega Genesis
Genesis 2
Genesis 3
Sega Dreamcast
Sega CD
32X
Game Gear
Atari Lynx
PC Engine
TurboGrafx 16
Neo Geo
Neo Geo CD
Nintendo Game Boy
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo 64 (NA)
N64 (Japan)
N64DD
Nintendo DS
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS
SNES
SNES 2
Super Famicom
TurboDuo
Sony Playstation
FC Twin
Sega Saturn (NA)
Saturn (Japan)
Sega Nomad
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Atari Jaguar
Jaguar CD
PS One
PS2
PS2 Slim
Playstation 3
PS3 Slim
Retro Duo
Neo Geo Pocket
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Microsoft XBOX
XBOX 360
XBOX 360 Elite
XBOX 360 Slim
Amiga CD32
3DO
WonderSwan
WonderSwan Color
Apple Pippin
Playstation Portable
PSP Slim
Nintendo Wii
Game.com
CD-i
Game & Watch Climber
G&W Balloon Fight
G&W Judge
G&W Manhole
G&W Octopus
G&W Zelda
G&W Donkey Kong 2
G&W Super Mario Bros.

One day I hope to have a whole room where most of this stuff can be hooked up for use/ on display.

Almost forgot, I also have 2 arcade cabinets, Mortal Kombat II and Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga

Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 09:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atari 2600- I had been begging my parents for an SNES for a bit, and since they figured I'd stop using the thing at some point, they just gave me my uncle's old 2600 with a huge library of games. Since the family and I had so much fun with it, we got the SNES.

SNES- This was the one the whole family used. My dad and I would work through RPG strategies, and I would load up Mario Kart against my mom or sister.

PC- Got it shortly after the SNES. Came with a free copy of Doom 2 and a shitload of shareware.

Genesis- Got one of the Genesis Model 3's (the really compact ones) at one of my father's Christmas parties. This was around the time I started earning an allowance and doing odd jobs for money, so I was able to buy up craploads of cartridges at flea markets since the system was dying.

Dreamcast- My uncle came to the rescue in Christmas of 2000. He had bought a Dreamcast to help him program a web browser for the console, and when it became apparent that the console wasn't going to be long for the world, he passed it off to me. Came with some great games, and I was able to add to the library over the years.

Xbox- Since my parents are the kind that will keep a computer around for years, I couldn't play any cool new shooters coming out, and since the Xbox was kind of a port machine for the PC, I figured this was my in. I managed to get my parents to chip in a little bit just for the sake of them being able to have a DVD player.

Xbox 360- I looked down the line, and with XBLA and wide 3rd party support, I went for the 360, and it's my favorite console so far.

Gamecube- Since I've started making a decent wage, I've been picking up last gen stuff while I can. I pretty much bought the Cube just to play RE4, but I've been picking up some of the essentials lately.

PS2- I honestly wish I'd bought this instead of the Xbox back in the day, because although the library largely became a dump for everything you can think of, it had a lot of fun, unique, artsy stuff that other two consoles couldn't get. I've really been enjoying catching up with it.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I went:
SNES
NES
Atari 2600
Genesis
PC
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
N64
Commodore 64
PS1
PS2
XBOX
Xbox 360
DS
Gamecube
Wii
DS Lite
PS3

I somehow ended up getting that NES and Atari 2600 like a year or two after getting an SNES. Not sure where my Mom got them but we had them at her house when we visited, and the SNES and shortly after the Genesis were at my Dad's where we lived normally. I remember getting the Commodore 64 shortly before getting a PSOne and I'm not clear on where that came from either but it was fun to play with. Now I have most of the major systems but am primarily a PC gamer, only really buying console games that don't get ported to the PC or I find out have terrible ports.
Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 10:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Intellivision (White Water! was my favorite game)
NES
Genesis
DOS PC (with an amber monitor Very Happy, mostly used for police quest)
SNES
Game Gear
Game Boy (Black one, in that nice clear box)
Game Boy Pocket (of the GB, GBP and GB Color the Pocket was my favorite. The AAA batteries sucked, though)
Windows 3.1 PC (mostly Wolfenstein 3D and Loom)
N64
PSX
Gameboy Color
PS2
Started building my own PCs
Dreamcast
Genesis 3
Gamecube
XBox
Gameboy Advance
NES 2
PSP Slim
DSi XL
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 25 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jeez, you cats have had a lot of shit.

Atari 2600
Atari 7800
NES
Sega Master System
IBM PC
Genesis
Gameboy
Super NES
Playsation
Dreamcast
Gamecube
Wii
DSi
PS3
Nintendo 3DS

ProtoScott
Title: New Robot Prototype
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 01:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I say we all pick someone and trade with them. I call atom.

Where's Doctor Wiley... Oh no, too late.
My band's music can be heard here ---->http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/FELD/365363305503

http://useblogswisely.blogspot.com/ <------READ MY WRITINGS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or not. I don't care.)

slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 05:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

atomjacked wrote:
I am not going to bother putting dates on these, as I have way too many and I am sure I will forget to list some(I am doing this by memory mostly, a lot of this stuff is in storage). I just don't have the time right now to make a full list. I do plan to in the future, and when I do it will probably be in the Sydapedia. Here we go:

NES
NES2
Famicom
Famicom Disk System
Atari 7800
TurboExpress
Sega Master System
Sega Master System 2
ColecoVision
IntelliVision
IntelliVision 2
Atari 5200
Vectrex
Atari 2600
Magnavox Odyssey
Sega SG-1000
Sega Genesis
Genesis 2
Genesis 3
Sega Dreamcast
Sega CD
32X
Game Gear
Atari Lynx
PC Engine
TurboGrafx 16
Neo Geo
Neo Geo CD
Nintendo Game Boy
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo 64 (NA)
N64 (Japan)
N64DD
Nintendo DS
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS
SNES
SNES 2
Super Famicom
TurboDuo
Sony Playstation
FC Twin
Sega Saturn (NA)
Saturn (Japan)
Sega Nomad
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Atari Jaguar
Jaguar CD
PS One
PS2
PS2 Slim
Playstation 3
PS3 Slim
Retro Duo
Neo Geo Pocket
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Microsoft XBOX
XBOX 360
XBOX 360 Elite
XBOX 360 Slim
Amiga CD32
3DO
WonderSwan
WonderSwan Color
Apple Pippin
Playstation Portable
PSP Slim
Nintendo Wii
Game.com
CD-i
Game & Watch Climber
G&W Balloon Fight
G&W Judge
G&W Manhole
G&W Octopus
G&W Zelda
G&W Donkey Kong 2
G&W Super Mario Bros.

One day I hope to have a whole room where most of this stuff can be hooked up for use/ on display.

Almost forgot, I also have 2 arcade cabinets, Mortal Kombat II and Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga

Holy shit. If most of that's in storage you wanna give some of it away?
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 10:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am giving some of it away. Well, games anyways. I am in the process of looking for a new place where I can hopefully have a finished basement that is one huge room so I can finally have the epic game room I have dreamed of for years.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 05:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Early Years:
Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Game Boy Color
-Cousin and friends had Turbografx-16 and Sega Genesis

Not So Long Ago:
Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, TI-83 Plus
-Friends had Nintendo 64, Playstation 1, Playstation 2

College Drag:
Xbox 360, Nintendo DS

I don't have many consoles compared to most of you dudes. I will say that I tend to be a completionist in the games I do pick up and make it a point to complete each one, so I guess my mileage is outstanding.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 05:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
username wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
SNES
Game Boy
PS1
Game Boy color
PS2
Gamecube - Not mine
Wii - Not mine
PS3
Nintendo DS
N64
Megadrive

i never got a chance to play this. apparently it was big in europe and not so much in the USA.

1up had a nice little article on it: http://www.1up.com/features/spectraspective-history-sinclair-spectrum

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 06:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
username wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
SNES
Game Boy
PS1
Game Boy color
PS2
Gamecube - Not mine
Wii - Not mine
PS3
Nintendo DS
N64
Megadrive

i never got a chance to play this. apparently it was big in europe and not so much in the USA.

1up had a nice little article on it: http://www.1up.com/features/spectraspective-history-sinclair-spectrum

I've always been interested in trying this thing out!
Thanks for the article there Username! Very Happy
Tomdincan
Title: Test Icicle
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 07:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Telstar Ranger that my parents bought before I was born.
Atari 2600 that my nana had.
NES for Christmas of '89.
SNES for Christmas of '91.
Gameboy Christmas of '92.
PS1 in '98.
PS2 in '01.
GBA SP in '04.
Nintendo DS in '06.
Wii in '08.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 07:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atari 2600 Woodgrain Heavy 6 Switcher (was my older brother's)
Atari 800 Computer
Intellevision II (Also my older brothers)
Atari 2600 Junior (when the heavy 6 died or he moved out can't remember)
NES (Original)
GameBoy (Original)*
SNES (Original)
PSONE *
Sega GameGear
NES2 (Official Toploader)*
Wii*
DSLite*
SNES (2nd Version)*
Sega Dreamcast*
N64*
Sega Saturn*
Sega Genesis Model 1*

*indicates I still own it

Criss
PostPosted: Sep 26 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atari 2600 (hand-me-down from dad)
Sega Genesis
Sega Game Gear
Sega 32X
Nintendo 64
PC
Playstation 2
Gameboy Advance
Xbox 360 (which I sold for Ps3)
Playstation 3
Ash Burton
Title: AshRaiser
PostPosted: Sep 27 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Christmas 1985 - Nintendo NES. Got the big box Rob the robot system, played Gyromite for hours on end. I also got Ikari Warriors and stayed up all night with my brother beating it.

September 1989 - Nintendo Gameboy. Great little system, Fun for staying up late at night with no TV allowed. Some kids looked at dirty magazines under the covers with a flash lite; I played Final Fantasy Legend on my Game Boy.

September 1991 - Sega Game Gear. It was pretty cool to have a portable system with great graphics and color, but aside from Sonic, the games were unplayable. Primal Rage ruined several months of my childhood.

Christmas 1991 - Super Nintendo. Blew My Mind. Loved every second of it, played it all day and all night. I remember getting Final Fantasy 2 early on and just spending hours upon hours on it.

September 1995 - Sony Playstation. Holy Fuck. I remember watching the opening scene of Battle Arena Toshinden over and over and over again. I had no idea this was even coming out and I was thrown back on my birthday to have one. First kid on the block to have something was always a great feeling. I suddenly have the urge to call my Mom and say thank you.

June 1997 - Sega Saturn. Got bored with my PSOne and decided to try out the failing Saturn. My first time trading in at EB Games! I actually enjoyed it more. I LOVED Nights and I have especially fond memories of the Blockbuster Holiday themed version Christmas Nights.

December 1998 - Nintendo 64. This was the first Nintendo Console that I did not rush out to buy or ask for in its early release. I was never a big fan of this system; I preferred the PS1 or Saturn. Still I had a blast playing Goldeneye and Mario Kart with friends.

February 2000 - Sega Dreamcast. One of my favorite systems, great Arcade ports and some really fun and quirky games. I got this soon after I arrived in Japan in 2000, I remember playing Shenmue and not believing how awesome it was to walk the streets of Japan in such a realistic setting. Then I realized I was living there and maybe I should go outside and do just that for real.

March 2000 - PlayStation 2 (JP) Again, I was living in Japan and was able to get a hold of one these rare creatures. Back then PS2 was the dominant force and the Playstation 2 cemented that fact. Wow, what a system.

Gamecube - September 2001 Picked this up upon release, fuck you Luigi's Mansion. Basically I tossed this over the side of the barracks in Japan because I thought it was a piece of shit. I would eventually return to it later to play a few missed classics, but I hated this thing when it first came out.

March 2002 - Xbox. I bought this upon returning to the states and was less than impressed by this system. Never played much other than Metal Slug and Ninja Gaiden, both of which were really fun.

December 2006 - Wii. Picked up this from a Gamestop who for some reason actually had an extra one in stock. Fun for a few days but the motion control crap wore down fast.

December 2009 - PS3 VERY late on this. I was pretty much out of gaming for a while but this brought me back. Fallout 3 and FF 13 got me hooked on the next gen consoles.

September 2010 - Neo Geo MVS. Not much to say, my wife bought me a fucking arcade cab for my birthday and it is awesome.

June 2011 - 360 Slim. I have no use for this system other than shmups and fighters, other that that the PS3 is my workhorse. Although I see them as equals, and am a fanboy to neither.

joshwoodzy wrote:
Ash is probably just home humping his SNES collection.

Thorton02
PostPosted: Sep 27 2011 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how I missed this thread....anyway, in order of appearnce in my life,

1. Magnivox Oddessy: I fished this out of my uncles attic, but it was my first console and I played it religiously for almost 3 years.
2. Atari 2600: Bought this from a garage sale with a butt load of games. I think Sneek n Peek was by far the worst.
3. Atari 7800: Christmas morning, I saw a big box with me and my brothers name on it. I knew all the kids on the street were getting a Nintendo so I was so freaking excited. My parent's tried.
4. NES: At this point, I had been playing a friends NES for years and he eventuallly just gave it to me when he moved to SNES
5. PS1: My college roomate just left it behind. It was ok, he just used it for NBA Jam.
6. PS2: this was the first console I ever bought with my own money as soon as it came out. I remember bringing it home and playing it with a friend. It died soon after so I brought it back to the mall.

No, I don't think I will fuck Stummies.

Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Sep 28 2011 03:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

All you people make me feel so young. The ones that I didn't date might not be in order, because I have no memory. Also, this will be a long post. Feel free to just read the names of the consoles and whatnot. I don't care.

CONSOLES & HANDHELDS

PlayStation 1 - Belonged to my parents, but they gave it to me and my brother when we were young, I didn't really enjoy it, since I only had about three games, only one that interested us.

Game Boy Advanced SP silver - I got this as a gift from my parents. I had quite a few games for it.

PlayStation 2 - Got this at Christmas, don't remember what year. I loved it a ton, until I started turning into the Nintendo fan I am today.

Nintendo DS - Got this at Christmas, again, I don't remember what year. Eventually I broke the touchscreen (I got frustrated at video games easily at the time), and not too long after, I got...

1st Nintendo DS Lite (black) - Again, got this for Christmas, eventually suffered same fate as original DS. Was replaced with...

2nd Nintendo DS lite (white) - I got this one sometime after I broke the first DS lite. The touch-screen was defective-on-arrival, but it was a minor defect. I didn't really like this one, since the color made it look cheap. And yes, I did eventually break it. It has a completely busted touch screen, and a loose hinge. However, I plan on repairing it myself. Here's a recent photo of it, if you're curious: Link (By the way, it has my DSi flash card in it, but the flash card fakes it's identity to get past DSi anti-piracy BS).

Wii - Got this for Christmas (I get everything at Christmas, don't I?), don't remember what year (2007?) I got it, but I have a decent collection of games for it, but it mostly just collects dust now.

Possibly non-existent 3rd NDS lite (black) - I don't remember when I got this one, and it might not have existed, and might just be my mind fucking with me. Yes, my memory is this bad.

3rd/4th DS lite (glossy silver top with Guitar Hero logo/black everything else) - Got this for Christmas (2008?), was bundled with Guitar Hero for DS. This one I took care of right until I sold it to get my next DS. I regret that decision.

DSi (sometime near launch-date) - This is what I sold the GH DS lite for. Once I got an iPod touch, this pretty much sat on a shelf collecting dust. I was considering selling this to get a DS lite again, but then realized that repairing that white DS lite would be much cheaper than getting a new one. I don't like this DS, because the homebrew stuff I used to use on my DS lites didn't work on it (DSOrganize, for example)

3DS (black) - I purchased this on the Australian 3DS launch day. I only have one game for it (OoT: 3D), not counting the downloads from the eShop. I love this DS already.

GAMING GADGETRY (or whatever I think passes for it)

iPod nano 1G 4GB - Not really a video game console, but I just wanted to mention it, since it could actually play games. The four games that come with it. (some breakout game, game where you shoot helicopters and people with parachutes, music quiz that uses music on the iPod, and something else. Fun. I got this for Christmas, and the headphones were DOA.

iPod touch 3G 32GB - This could be considered a game platform. Not a very good one, though. Regardless, it saw more use than the DSi I had at the time. I got this for Christmas 2009.

iPad 1 Wi-Fi 32GB - I got this as a gift last year. I love this, and at one point, I used it more than my laptop.

iPhone 3GS 8GB - I got this recently. If you have been in the IRC recently, you would have seen my complaints about the shit reception I get thanks to my cellular carrier. That, and the storage capacity (I wanted my South Park collection to fit on it, damnit!) are the only complaints I have about it. It has also cut into the amount of time I spend with my 3DS, but not as much as the iPod touch cut into the DSi.

COMPUTERS
My original computer - I was too young to remember when I got it. I first used it when I was a very young child. I do know it ran Windows 98 at that time. After I got my next computer, this computer was put away in storage, until I used it a year ago with a hard disk with DOS 6.something, Windows 3.1, and an handful of games (I used the hard drive in this computer due to the original computer that it was in no longer working)

My next computer - This computer was an Acer desktop with a P3 processor. It ran 98 to begin with, but I then upgraded it to XP. It's hard drive then fucked up, and I had to go back to having 98. I then got a new computer.

My next-next computer - Was a DIY desktop machine. For the time it was made, it was quite a decent gaming machine, not that I did much PC gaming at the time. First it had XP, which I then downgraded to Vista. When I got my laptop, I gave this computer to my brother.

My laptop - The less said about this horror the better. I got it sometime this year. It runs Windows 7, and only Windows 7, since Linux doesn't work on it. Evil Can't wait to get a new one!

----------------------------------------------------------------
And that is the list of gaming stuff I have. Did I bore anyone to death?
Reply to topic

Jump to: